Condoms?

Magnum_XL

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What other condom options are out there? I currently use Trojan Magnum XL (Obviously) but it isn't long enough. It's not really a big problem, but it is annoying. Plus what about specialty ones?

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since you are in Buffalo, may I ask if you have any friends across the border in Canada that could take mail-order delivery for you? If so, you are in luck, because They-Fit condoms, while still unavailable in the USA, are again shipping to Canadian addresses. You can order to a non-USA shipping address here:

Condomania Online | TheyFit Sized-to-Fit Condoms

They-Fit size G21 is similar in girth to the Magnum XL, but considerably longer. Size G22 is much bigger in girth as well as longer.

If you need to stick with condoms available over the counter in the USA, try the Durex XXL. They are about an inch longer than the Magnum XL, but have less girth, and taper down narrow in the middle.

Magnum_XL

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why don't they ship to the US? I have looked all over the place and I can barely find Magnum XL's and I have never seen the Durex XXL. I am assuming any "Extras" such as non-latex or ultra thin, is too much to ask for?

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if your dick is as big as your making it out to be.. why not just get some ziploc freezer bags and tie them off with some rubber bands on top to hold it on... if you even need them! who knows from the sounds of it!

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why don't they ship to the US? I have looked all over the place and I can barely find Magnum XL's and I have never seen the Durex XXL...

In the USA, condoms are considered medical devices, and are regulated by FDA. It is illegal in the USA to sell condoms without FDA approval of the condom and its manufacturer. In May of 2001, the They Fit condoms received FDA market approval, under 510(k) approval notice number K010506 (this document has since been removed from the FDA database). When I read the FDA approval letter, I was somewhat amazed, because They Fit condoms are offered in sizes both larger and smaller than is permitted by the FDA regulations (based on ASTM standard D3492, see http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ode/ltxcondm.pdf for a summary.) Nevertheless, I was grateful, because I finally found a reasonably comfortable condom (size U22).

In early 2007, They Fit condoms were withdrawn from the USA market because of unspecified problems with FDA. I note that about the same time this happened, the actual sub-contract maufacturer of the condoms (Richter Rubber Technology of Malaysia) was cited by FDA for quality problems during import inspections. (Interestingly, at about the same time, the company was praised by European regulators and agencies for having outstanding quality.) Until the condoms are once again approved by FDA, it is illegal to sell them in the USA. Also, under federal law, it is illegal to discuss with customers any plans to reintroduce the product, so it is not helpful to ask Condomania about this.

However, the FDA issue has no bearing on sales of the condoms outside the USA. For over a year, the They Fit condoms were not available anywhere. Recently Condomania began selling them to non-US customers, so it is legal to have them delivered to, say, Canada, although it is technically illegal to carry them back to the USA.

As for Magnum XLs, you can buy them for under $7 a dozen at any WalMart store. I've seen the Durex XXL in many stores, but don't pay much attention, as they are two narrow for me, and as I'm only about 8" long, I don't need the extra length. If all else fails, order them from:

Durex Condoms - Find all Durex Condom Brands and Styles from Rip n Roll

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the USA, condoms are considered medical devices, and are regulated by FDA. It is illegal in the USA to sell condoms without FDA approval of the condom and its manufacturer. In May of 2001, the They Fit condoms received FDA market approval, under 510(k) approval notice number K010506 (this document has since been removed from the FDA database). When I read the FDA approval letter, I was somewhat amazed, because They Fit condoms are offered in sizes both larger and smaller than is permitted by the FDA regulations (based on ASTM standard D3492, see http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ode/ltxcondm.pdf for a summary.) Nevertheless, I was grateful, because I finally found a reasonably comfortable condom (size U22).

In early 2007, They Fit condoms were withdrawn from the USA market because of unspecified problems with FDA. I note that about the same time this happened, the actual sub-contract maufacturer of the condoms (Richter Rubber Technology of Malaysia) was cited by FDA for quality problems during import inspections. (Interestingly, at about the same time, the company was praised by European regulators and agencies for having outstanding quality.) Until the condoms are once again approved by FDA, it is illegal to sell them in the USA. Also, under federal law, it is illegal to discuss with customers any plans to reintroduce the product, so it is not helpful to ask Condomania about this.

However, the FDA issue has no bearing on sales of the condoms outside the USA. For over a year, the They Fit condoms were not available anywhere. Recently Condomania began selling them to non-US customers, so it is legal to have them delivered to, say, Canada, although it is technically illegal to carry them back to the USA.

As for Magnum XLs, you can buy them for under $7 a dozen at any WalMart store. I've seen the Durex XXL in many stores, but don't pay much attention, as they are two narrow for me, and as I'm only about 8" long, I don't need the extra length. If all else fails, order them from:

you know too much about condoms..

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media

that's really informative!! i knew the FDA were a bunch of bastards but i didn't think they'd go as far as to stop selling these kinds of condoms. thank you for sharing the info :smile:

you know too much about condoms..

it's better to know a lot than to know absolutely nothing.