Confirming the Hung "Black" Guy Myth

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ok, I'm wary of starting this thread because I've seen all too often how this type of discussion can quickly go off the rails. I just wanted to share my thoughts on this in a forum that, so far, wasn't as volatile as others I've seen.

The hung Black guy myth is just that, a myth. As an African-American though this myth is blessing and a curse and I've come to realize that it creates a rather unique experience for African-American or "Black" men. The fact of the matter is that even though many of us know this is a myth, most people believe this myth. They believe it so much that most assume all "Black" men are hung. Now this is different than the experience of most men who aren't "Black" because no one thinks your hung generally until they actually see you naked (unless people use those height/hand/nose guessing games.) Thus, being "Black" creates a presumption of "hungness", which for some can create a sense of ease and comfort with being actually hung.

That's part of the double-edged sword of this myth. If you're actually "hung" and Black then you can be incredibly confident and socially open about this. I've had complete strangers make comments to me without even seeing my cock. I've also found that I can easily joke with almost anyone about being hung and it's socially acceptable, like an in-joke that everyone is a part of, whether they know I am or not.

Of course, if you're not "hung" and "Black", then your sex life can be quite hellish. I know guys who have been insulted to their face for not living up to the myth. (The same way I've been insulted for not being a good basketball player.)

My weird guilt is that for every person I meet who has never been with a "Black" guy before, I confirm and perpetuate the myth. Then they go around telling everyone how they were with some super hung "Black" guy and the myth keeps going. Now, I obviously don't dwell on this, but it still drives me nuts and I find myself always telling guys, you know not every "Black" guy is hung. They look at me like, yeah right. See it's odd that it takes only one "Black" guy to make this myth a reality for people but if you could be with 10 super hung non-"Black" guys from the same ethnic group and never develop a myth about them (although I know there are some Italian, German, Irish, red-head myths--they have no where the strength or worldwide acceptance of the "Black" myth.)

As an African-American, it does your head in sometimes.

Any thoughts? (I hope this doesn't turn into a racist rant, cause that's not the intent. I just wanted to discuss something I think about in a place where talking about being hung is, well, accepted.)

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My experience has been that black men are no different than any other group. I've seen teeny-tiny dicks as well as monsters! But I've also seen that in every other group or segment, too. I have noticed that black guys who are incredibly well built also tend to be hung like horses! Perhaps there is some explanation. I've never tried to discover one. I've just enjoyed the eye candy!

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My experience has been that black men are no different than any other group. I've seen teeny-tiny dicks as well as monsters! But I've also seen that in every other group or segment, too. I have noticed that black guys who are incredibly well built also tend to be hung like horses! Perhaps there is some explanation. I've never tried to discover one. I've just enjoyed the eye candy!

I absolutely agree with you, "Black" men are no different than any other group. But most people don't get the opportunity to be with many. I've had experiences where people have told me that they want to get with me, cause they've always wanted to try being with a "Black" guy. Like it's something you do once to get out of your system and say that you did it--like sky-diving. I've also had people tell me they wanted to be with me but could never let any of their friends know, because they wouldn't understand. For these and many curious ones, I'm going to be their only or few experiences and for them, I make the myth very very real.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wonder if we lived in a society where everybody's face had to be covered at all times (like the Taliban women) except when you are in bed with another or in the shower, if there would be rumors that "all black men have huge lips". And then I wonder if there would be people that would claim this is a myth based on the fact that there are black people out there that DON'T have huge lips.

My point is that I think it is NOT a myth based on my belief that a larger percentage of blacks have a huge dick than whites.

But it is only a belief and I would be open to data that proves me wrong.

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i could really relate to it man. i may somewhat fit the stereotype of the black man and the dick, but not much of anything else about me fits the norm of culture i live around. *i really feel you on the basketball thing :biggrin1: being black, relatively tall and not playing a sport (especially basketball) is practically criminal around here lol.* so in some cases i feel like the "black man with the small dick." but it doesnt bother me at all. i love being different

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I wonder if we lived in a society where everybody's face had to be covered at all times (like the Taliban women) except when you are in bed with another or in the shower, if there would be rumors that "all black men have huge lips". And then I wonder if there would be people that would claim this is a myth based on the fact that there are black people out there that DON'T have huge lips.

My point is that I think it is NOT a myth based on my belief that a larger percentage of blacks have a huge dick than whites.

But it is only a belief and I would be open to data that proves me wrong.

Which kinda is my point. It is a myth but it one that I believe will never be dispelled. Most people will have none to limited experience with "Black" men so if they meet a hung guy, then the myth is confirmed and if the guy isn't hung then he is seen an exception to the myth. Only the people who have been with lots of "Black" men or seen lots naked (and hard) can really know this. So who would know this best, "Black" women and from what I've seen, most of them (not all) won't go against the myth because they don't want to do anything that is seen as bring other "Black" men down. Know what I mean?

So I find myself like Sisyphus, rolling that rock up a hill--I support the fact that the myth is myth yet my very presence attests to the myth for some who are swayed by cultural expectations to believe the myth.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i could really relate to it man. i may somewhat fit the stereotype of the black man and the dick, but not much of anything else about me fits the norm of culture i live around. *i really feel you on the basketball thing :biggrin1: being black, relatively tall and not playing a sport (especially basketball) is practically criminal around here lol.* so in some cases i feel like the "black man with the small dick." but it doesnt bother me at all. i love being different

Yeah, that's my situation. In fact I seem to have defied most of the stereotypes and yet I perpetuate this particular one. Which can create it's own dramas. I've come to believe that when people want "Black" guys what they really want is a hung 50 cent or LL Cool J--hung and "gangsta". Otherwise I get told I'm not "Black" enough, well, except for that one thing.

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
HyperHulk,

I've got to go for many hours, I should have already gone, and it may be tomorrow or the next day before I can post back, but I'm going to present everything I can to you to show that there is some truth to the penis 'myth'.

D_somebodyswatchingme

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Every other day it's a 'black dick' thread. Why y'all so concerned about us black men? Like dude said,we're no different than everybody else. It's boring now like a pretty girl with no substance.The fight(boxing)about to start so y'all dudes stay up(lol..)and keep it cool.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
HyperHulk,

I've got to go for many hours, I should have already gone, and it may be tomorrow or the next day before I can post back, but I'm going to present everything I can to you to show that there is some truth to the penis 'myth'.

LOL, well thanks for that Superlarge, but that isn't what I was looking for. I don't want the myth confirmed, it's not necessary. If anything I think they myth hurts so many non-hung "Black" guys. I also don't want this to become a are they/aren't they discussion--there are heaps of those threads. I don't need the myth confirmed because what is that discussion about really? It just implies that hung equals physically superior or better and I can't see how that is a useful or helpful mindset to have.

All I know is that the myth will outlive me and generations after me. From a purely selfish perspective, I guess the myth has benefited me because it makes me people sexually interested in me with me doing less effort. Of course it also means that too many people just see the hung cock and not the person underneath--that's incidental. I used to tell friends that, even though I have issues with the myth, it's overall better to be paid attention to then ignored. Just like money can't buy happiness but it can make things easier, same as being hung and "Black"--it won't guarantee more happiness but it can make having more sex easier. Oh and it can make you cocky as hell and it's acceptable. Odd.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Every other day it's a 'black dick' thread. Why y'all so concerned about us black men? Like dude said,we're no different than everybody else. It's boring now like a pretty girl with no substance.The fight(boxing)about to start so y'all dudes stay up(lol..)and keep it cool.

that's the other thing i was trying to say, the fixation on this makes me feel like i'm an exhibit in a cage for white people to 'ooh' and 'ahh' over for their entertainment. ooh, look at the blackmanosaurus, look at his huge penis. if a man talks about a women in nothing more than a sexual manner he's objectifying her so is it okay to be a lil set off by the fact that every mention of the word black in this forum is followed by praise for these heavenly penises we're supposed to be blessed with. i tried saying tupac was a brilliant man who could've been a great leader if he got his act together and this was shot down. i tried to argue that although some forms of hip-hop are distasteful, the business does put food on the table in a lot of black households, i was told that hip-hop was sent from the devil. pretty much the only positive words said about a black person or black culture or to a black person on this site is in reference to their penis

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Well my theory is that there are so many black dick threads because this a large penis group. Many of the people who come here either have a big dick, want a big dick or love a big dick. For many many people, big dick=hung black guy. That's the fantasy that drives many. I'm sure lots are happy to see that there are plenty of dicks out there that are hung and not "black". There will always be black dick threads, just like there will always be rate my cock threads.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
that's the other thing i was trying to say, the fixation on this makes me feel like i'm an exhibit in a cage for white people to 'ooh' and 'ahh' over for their entertainment. ooh, look at the blackmanosaurus, look at his huge penis. if a man talks about a women in nothing more than a sexual manner he's objectifying her so is it okay to be a lil set off by the fact that every mention of the word black in this forum is followed by praise for these heavenly penises we're supposed to be blessed with. i tried saying tupac was a brilliant man who could've been a great leader if he got his act together and this was shot down. i tried to argue that although some forms of hip-hop are distasteful, the business does put food on the table in a lot of black households, i was told that hip-hop was sent from the devil. pretty much the only positive words said about a black person or black culture or to a black person on this site is in reference to their penis

I really don't want this to become a race against race issue. I've traveled all around the world and I can honestly tell you, this myth is universal. Everyone believes this myth to some degree. You're on a large penis site, so of course people want to talk about penises over other things. I get that. Virtually everyone who comes here would be objectified for their large penis if they have one, why should we be any different?

D_somebodyswatchingme

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well my theory is that there are so many black dick threads because this a large penis group. Many of the people who come here either have a big dick, want a big dick or love a big dick. For many many people, big dick=hung black guy. That's the fantasy that drives many. I'm sure lots are happy to see that there are plenty of dicks out there that are hung and not "black". There will always be black dick threads, just like there will always be rate my cock threads.

well this shouldn't be lpsg.org. rename it stormfront.org.

Mods delete my account please

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I really don't want this to become a race against race issue. I've traveled all around the world and I can honestly tell you, this myth is universal. Everyone believes this myth to some degree. You're on a large penis site, so of course people want to talk about penises over other things. I get that. Virtually everyone who comes here would be objectified for their large penis if they have one, why should we be any different?

what races was i pitting against each other?? you voiced your distate for the mythology, i voiced mine,

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
what races was i pitting against each other?? you voiced your distate for the mythology, i voiced mine,

In the post I was referring to, you specifically mentioned "white" people. I think they myth is universal and not confined to any specific ethnicity. Just my opinion though, you are, of course entitled to yours.:wink:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In the post I was referring to, you specifically mentioned "white" people. I think they myth is universal and not confined to any specific ethnicity. Just my opinion though, you are, of course entitled to yours.:wink:

oh, true true. i guess i just want any race supportin this mythology to stop treatin me like a 12 inch piece of meat (only one person's allowed to do that and he's sleep)