Conflict of interests

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This has NOTHING to do with the Bushes.
Agreed, but the Kuwaiti ruling family has a long prosperous relationship with the USA

The Al Sabah's niece was the lil girl who wept in the video of her telling the world about how Saddam Hussein ordered babies in incubators to be left to die on the floor..remember that?..It was all bullshit

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Agreed, but the Kuwaiti ruling family has a long prosperous relationship with the USA

The Al Sabah's niece was the lil girl who wept in the video of her telling the world about how Saddam Hussein ordered babies in incubators to be left to die on the floor..remember that?..It was all bullshit
Please try and stay on topic. The Topic is Conflicts of Interest of Mr Trump and his Cabinet. I'm unclear as to why you felt the need insert this little vignette.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Conflicts of Interests ..Trump is following in the footsteps of past Presidents..The only difference? YOU..the topic of the Thread and what you choose to ignore..
The main force behind your animus is speculative saturation by a sensationalist MSM ..who has pivoted onto another news cycle,

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Following in the footsteps of past presidents? Well that's pretty damn strange. Didn't Trump run on the premise of "draining the swamp" usurping the Washington elite, was critical of political pay for play connections with the wealthy and powerful, with the promise of putting an END to business as usual??

So I take it that NOW, contrary to what he's told his idiot constituency, we can EXPECT MORE OF THE SAME???????????

THAT figures.......... morons.

D

deleted37010

what will prevent trump from using the power of the pardon.... in any instance where he or his family or business concerns present a conflict of interest? don't his minions operate to maintain his empire.... understanding his ability to fully pardon them for whatever they do... especially if what they do benefits him/ his business empire

am i wrong in this thought----> pardons are absolute and at the absolute discretion of the president....

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
what will prevent trump from using the power of the pardon.... in any instance where he or his family or business concerns present a conflict of interest? don't his minions operate to maintain his empire.... understanding his ability to fully pardon them for whatever they do... especially if what they do benefits him/ his business empire

am i wrong in this thought----> pardons are absolute and at the absolute discretion of the president....
Me. The public outrage. Congress. The Courts.

D

deleted37010

Me. The public outrage. Congress. The Courts.
here's why i asked... and am concerned....
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_.../2008/07/preemptive_presidential_pardons.html
In 1866, the Supreme Court ruled in Ex parte Garland that the pardon power "extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment." (In that case, a former Confederate senator successfully petitioned the court to uphold a pardon that prevented him from being disbarred.) Generally speaking, once an act has been committed, the president can issue a pardon at any time—regardless of whether charges have even been filed.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...r/1998/12/who_gets_a_presidential_pardon.html
Anticipatory pardons of this sort are generally given in the belief that they serve some national interest, such as when President Ford pardoned Richard Nixon or when President Carter pardoned the Vietnam draft-dodgers. President Bush also pardoned Caspar Weinberger after he'd been indicted, but before he'd been tried, which effectively short-circuited a trial.

Reactions: b.c.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Following in the footsteps of past presidents? Well that's pretty damn strange. Didn't Trump run on the premise of "draining the swamp" usurping the Washington elite, was critical of political pay for play connections with the wealthy and powerful, with the promise of putting an END to business as usual??

So I take it that NOW, contrary to what he's told his idiot constituency, we can EXPECT MORE OF THE SAME???????????

THAT figures.......... morons.
When is the last time an outgoing President told an incoming President, "I know you know I did all those secret things I told you about, but you aren't allowed to do the same stuff I did. You won't have as much power as I did"

"Idiot Constituencies" are in the eye of the beholder

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When is the last time an outgoing President told an incoming President, "I know you know I did all those secret things I told you about, but you aren't allowed to do the same stuff I did. You won't have as much power as I did"

"Idiot Constituencies" are in the eye of the beholder
Could you please explain more clearly and less cryptically what you mean by, "I know you know I did all those secret things I told you about, but you aren't allowed to do the same stuff I did. You won't have as much power as I did"

I really don't understand of what you speak.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Could you please explain more clearly and less cryptically what you mean by, "I know you know I did all those secret things I told you about, but you aren't allowed to do the same stuff I did. You won't have as much power as I did"

I really don't understand of what you speak.
It's a hypothetical quote one President is telling another president..
An outgoing President leaves the power of the office to the next inhabitant of the office.
Every President has enhanced the power of the office since Reagan, 30 odd years ago..

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's a hypothetical quote one President is telling another president..
An outgoing President leaves the power of the office to the next inhabitant of the office.
Every President has enhanced the power of the office since Reagan, 30 odd years ago..
I see. So are you saying that this is what President Obama said to Mr Trump? Any proof would also be welcome.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I see. So are you saying that this is what President Obama said to Mr Trump? Any proof would also be welcome.
Proof..not verbatim proof, obviously..but just by his actions..how many journalists he has jailed, how many people he has deported, his injudicious use of UAV's...far far and away, outdoing his predecessor

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow..probably one thing that Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton did more of than Obama was prosecute Financial Criminals..
So..we'll have to wait and see how the cookie crumbles..

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/politics/newt-gingrich-trump-drain-the-swamp/

(CNN)"Drain the swamp" was a refrain of Donald Trump during the presidential campaign, but Newt Gingrich says the president-elect "doesn't want to use it anymore" now that he's knee-deep in alligators.

"I'm told he now just disclaims that. He now says it was cute, but he doesn't want to use it anymore," Gingrich, who informally advises Trump, said Wednesday on NPR's "Morning Edition."

The former House Speaker said that he had "written what I thought was a very cute tweet about 'the alligators are complaining,'" but that "somebody wrote back and said they were tired of hearing this stuff."
During his campaign, Trump repeatedly vowed to "drain the swamp" -- leading chants of the phrase at his rallies -- part of an anti-establishment, anti-Washington message that was predicated on rooting out corruption and bringing an outsider's perspective to government.
But since the election, the phrase has been turned against Trump with biting irony.

Read More
Critics have used it to assail Trump's high-level appointments of Wall Street and DC veterans, like former Goldman Sachs executive Steven Mnuchin as treasury secretary and Sen. Jeff Sessions as attorney general. Ron Klain, a former Obama administration official, tweeted, "Sure, Drain the Swamp. Congrats to all you outsiders who thought that Hillary Clinton was too establishment."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.salon.com/2016/12/21/newt-gingrich-donald-trumps-drain-the-swamp-promise-was-cute-but-he-doesnt-want-to-use-it-anymore/

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2016 5:20 PM UTC
Newt Gingrich: Donald Trump’s “drain the swamp” promise was “cute, but he doesn’t want to use it anymore”
Like so many of his other promises, Trump plans on breaking his famous pledge to "drain the swamp"

Newt Gingrich (Credit: AP/Dennis Van Tine)
For the second time this week, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has basically said that you shouldn’t take Donald Trump’s pledges seriously.

Days after basically saying Trump’s White House is going to be an ethics-free zone, Gingrich admitted that Trump has told him that he isn’t going to “drain the swamp,” even though it one of the most famous promises of his campaign.

“I’m told he now just disclaims that,” Gingrich told NPR’s Rachel Martin on Wednesday morning. “He now says it was cute, but he doesn’t want to use it anymore.”

Gingrich later added, “I’d written what I thought was a very cute tweet about ‘the alligators are complaining,’ and somebody wrote back and said they were tired of hearing this stuff.”

In addition to being criticized for staffing his administration with billionaires and insiders despite promising to “drain the swamp,” Trump has also expressed willingness to break his campaign promises to build a wall along the entire U.S.-Mexico border, repeal the Affordable Care Act right away upon taking office, and appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton.

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For the second time this week, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has basically said that you shouldn’t take Donald Trump’s pledges seriously.

http://www.bluecheddar.net/?p=7529
HBO: Real Time with Bill Maher: Ep. 209 April 8, 2011: New Rules
www.hbo.com/real-time-with-bill-maher/episodes/0/.../new-rules.html

Folks, if you go to a show and the guy onstage says, “Sorry, dude, I got your money already,” like Charlie sheen said to his audience, you're not in on the joke; you are the joke

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm reposting the exact same thread from another post to tie into the concerns many have voiced.

THIS. (read below) THIS is what happens when someone is placed into positions of power and influence. Its not about him being a great businessman pulling us out of the brink of disaster.

As some people I know might say so what as long as he helps us.

Can you imagine ANY president doing this and the backlash they would get for doing this ?

When someone does something like this when he feels slighted in the last bit, we're supposed to believe he's going to use his office on the up & up with his business practices ran by his children? WoW dude, fucking wow!

To quote Mel Brooks,

upload_2017-1-21_14-54-46.jpeg

unflattering-660x321.jpg

Trump Orders All Bureaus To Suspend Tweeting After Park Service Shares Images Of Inauguration Crowd

January 21, 2017 News, Politics

The Washington Post reports:

The Interior Department was ordered Friday to shut down its official Twitter accounts — indefinitely — after the National Park Service shared two unsympathetic tweets during President Trump’s inauguration.

The first noted the new president’s relatively small inaugural crowd compared to the number of people former president Barack Obama drew to the National Mall when he was sworn into office in 2009. The second tweet noted several omissions of policy areas on the new White House website. A Park Service employee retweeted both missives on Friday.

“All bureaus and the department have been directed by incoming administration to shut down Twitter platforms immediately until further notice,” said an email circulated to Park Service employees Friday afternoon. The email, obtained by The Post, described the stand-down as an “urgent directive” and said social media managers must shut down the accounts “until further directed.”

Reactions: b.c.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm reposting the exact same thread from another post to tie into the concerns many have voiced.

THIS. (read below) THIS is what happens when someone is placed into positions of power and influence. Its not about him being a great businessman pulling us out of the brink of disaster.

As some people I know might say so what as long as he helps us.

Can you imagine ANY president doing this and the backlash they would get for doing this ?

When someone does something like this when he feels slighted in the last bit, we're supposed to believe he's going to use his office on the up & up with his business practices ran by his children? WoW dude, fucking wow!

To quote Mel Brooks,

View attachment 629210

unflattering-660x321.jpg

Trump Orders All Bureaus To Suspend Tweeting After Park Service Shares Images Of Inauguration Crowd

January 21, 2017 News, Politics

The Washington Post reports:

The Interior Department was ordered Friday to shut down its official Twitter accounts — indefinitely — after the National Park Service shared two unsympathetic tweets during President Trump’s inauguration.

The first noted the new president’s relatively small inaugural crowd compared to the number of people former president Barack Obama drew to the National Mall when he was sworn into office in 2009. The second tweet noted several omissions of policy areas on the new White House website. A Park Service employee retweeted both missives on Friday.

“All bureaus and the department have been directed by incoming administration to shut down Twitter platforms immediately until further notice,” said an email circulated to Park Service employees Friday afternoon. The email, obtained by The Post, described the stand-down as an “urgent directive” and said social media managers must shut down the accounts “until further directed.”

Twitter feeds for department of interior have already been restored.

I've seen the two tweets that triggered the shut down, and while I might agree with the content/message, I would also say that they were unprofessional and out of step with the actual missive of these departments. The tweets were clearly made by employees who are unhappy with Trump coming into office and decided to make anti-trump remarks on their professional accounts rather than their personal ones.

If they kept Twitter shut down permanently I would have severe issue, but as a firm step to get dept of interior aligned with proper use of government communication outlets I think it's fine.

These are those two tweets (courtesy of Washington Post)

imrs.php

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Leaked Tape Reveals Trump Invited Golf Club Members To Sit In On Interviews For Cabinet Positions [AUDIO]
February 18, 2017 Dumpster Fires, Politics 122 Comments

Politico reports: President Donald Trump, living alone inside the White House, often hungers for friendly interaction as he adjusts to the difficult work of governance. At his clubs, he finds what’s missing. That showed last November at a cocktail and dinner reception celebrating longtime members of his Bedminster, New Jersey golf club. Deep into the process of meeting potential Cabinet ...

Read More »