Confronting a liar

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BronxBombshell said:
I think if the OP was just looking to get laid herself, she wouldn't care about his details and particulars. If she's worried about his honesty, maybe she's looking for someone to spend quality time with as well. Besides. Her pussy's made of platinum. (Figuratively) Why should she let some insecure loser get so much as a whiff?
ya i understand, but she already wasted an evening of her life meeting this old dude, and as far as she knows thats the only lie he told...i mean does pity still exist? he probably lied because he felt he was too old to be taken seriously by younger women....po' old bastard.

also, i didnt tell her to do anyhting...what i meant by the previous post was that she can at least justify the investment of that previous evening with another more intimate one. just to give a second chance.....u dont want to go back to the drawing board too soon.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Life is short, there are bigger things to worry about than whether someone faked their resume. Perhaps he's disnumeric and typo'd

If not and he's not smart enough to avoid such an elementary gaffe on a first date that's maybe as far as his education went.

Be thankful you caught it now and not when it may have mattered, either way whatever you now do you'll almost certainly do with your B.S. detector on #10 which maybe the kiss of death.

Keep a panga under the bed, just in case.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dump him. Dump him hard, dump him fast, dump him now. Yeah I have no tolerance for dishonesty either. Whether he's lying about his age, his dick size, whatever. I might try asking him about the lie just because you never know what explanation there might be. But after confirming that "4" is not near "9" on the keyboard, I can't really think of what explanation there would be. You're not being too harsh, and you're right on - if he lies about that he'll lie about other things.
For the good of womankind, though, make sure he knows you're dumping him for his dishonesty and not his age. I had one guy who lied to me about his cock size. When I saw he wasn't nearly as big as he'd said, I literally put my clothes back on and left. My regret is I think he might have thought I dumped him because he wasn't big enough, when really it was because he lied.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
stud_hunter said:
For the good of womankind, though, make sure he knows you're dumping him for his dishonesty and not his age. I had one guy who lied to me about his cock size. When I saw he wasn't nearly as big as he'd said, I literally put my clothes back on and left. My regret is I think he might have thought I dumped him because he wasn't big enough, when really it was because he lied.

Yep.

To be honest is a very necessary thing...never to late to at least try to be honest and clean up the act...

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
rhino_horn said:
ya i understand, but she already wasted an evening of her life meeting this old dude, and as far as she knows thats the only lie he told...i mean does pity still exist? he probably lied because he felt he was too old to be taken seriously by younger women....po' old bastard.

also, i didnt tell her to do anyhting...what i meant by the previous post was that she can at least justify the investment of that previous evening with another more intimate one. just to give a second chance.....u dont want to go back to the drawing board too soon.

Overall, the date was ok. It wasn't spectacular and it didn't completely suck, at least until the truth escaped from his lips. After he let that slip, he became less attractive and interesting to me so there's no way for me to justify last night with a roll in the sack. I won't sleep with someone because I pity them. It's yet to be a turn-on for me. I don't judge others who do it, but I can't.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mercurialbliss said:
Bronxy, may I have your permission to use that as my signature? Hell, can I quote you when i'm on a bad date?

"I'm sorry, this isn't going to work for me".
"Why?"
"Because I have a platinum pussy. Bronxy said so!"

You may quote me wherever, and whenever. As long as you promise to believe that you really do have a platinum pussy.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'd say dump him. If he lied about something so trivial, what else is he lying about? He may be a great and wonderful guy, but there are plenty of men out there who don't feel it necessary to lie about little things and are just as wonderful and great (if not more).

SATNITEFEEVR

1st Like
Media
mercurialbliss said:
Last night, I went on a first date with someone I met on the internet. We emailed each other for almost two weeks before deciding to meet. He seemed nice, intelligent, cute (although appeared older in person than in his photo), funny, all that jive. My problem is that, as the evening progressed, he mentioned he went to his 20 year high school reunion two years ago. That would put his age around 39 or 40. When we began emailing each other, he said he was 34. The rest of the evening went downhill for me because I couldn't get his comment out of my head and I wanted to go home and check my email to see if I read his stats correctly, which I did. It says he's 34. I know I should confront him about this discrepancy and I will, but I don't really care about what he has to say about this. I figure if he's lying about this, he will lie about other things, too. And nothing pisses me off more than a liar. Am I being too harsh? Should I give him the benefit of the doubt? Any thoughts on this?

If you are a woman with options, than kick him to the curb. If you are really sexually attracted to him, fuck him, and then kick him to the curb.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is the excitement here? You thought he was two years younger than you, but now suspect that he's actually three years older? Good heavens, the end of the world.

To overgeneralize a bit - in Internet-land (and of course previously in newsprint personal-ad land), women go haywire as their own ages approach 40. They imagine that younger men are lining up for them (and some are), but are then disappointed to find that those younger men are, too often, childish types who pursue older women for their own psychological ends. Then begin the complaints that men are so childish.

So the problem for a normal-type man - one who is not looking for a mother surrogate - becomes acute around age 40. Far too many women of a generally appropriate age immediately turn off at mention of his own age. He doesn't even have the chance to demonstrate that he's not exactly dead yet. Hence the dissembling about age - a simple "get the foot in the door" tactic.

Personally, I consider that short-sighted - she has to know sometime - and think that deception, for whatever reason, is a bad way to start any sort of worthwhile relationship. So I don't resort to that tactic myself. On the other hand I can't claim that honesty is a successful policy either - I'm over 40 and live by myself, and it's starting to look like it will stay that way.

All this is independent of the problem of women lying about their ages - there seem to be an astonishing number of 39 year old women at loose ends, and one does start to suspect that some of them have been "39" for a loooong time.

In this case? If you're overwhelming offended by the fact that he lied, drop him. And drop any fantasies of righteous retribution as well. Just drop him, don't give him a hard time. And adjust your own expectations. If you don't, it will be even harder to do so next year. Or the year after that. Or ...

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sounds like you made up your mind already... but a lil curious why he lied about his age so just e-mail and ask him and if there is anything else he would like to come clean on :tounge-in-cheek: one never knows...that being said it's all up to you if he is *sponge worthy*a bit of humor from Seinfeild :smile: Hell i'd make him work for your platinum pussy :wink: PS do you have a heart of Gold too?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
big dirigible said:
What is the excitement here? You thought he was two years younger than you, but now suspect that he's actually three years older? Good heavens, the end of the world.

To overgeneralize a bit - in Internet-land (and of course previously in newsprint personal-ad land), women go haywire as their own ages approach 40. They imagine that younger men are lining up for them (and some are), but are then disappointed to find that those younger men are, too often, childish types who pursue older women for their own psychological ends. Then begin the complaints that men are so childish.

So the problem for a normal-type man - one who is not looking for a mother surrogate - becomes acute around age 40. Far too many women of a generally appropriate age immediately turn off at mention of his own age. He doesn't even have the chance to demonstrate that he's not exactly dead yet. Hence the dissembling about age - a simple "get the foot in the door" tactic.

Personally, I consider that short-sighted - she has to know sometime - and think that deception, for whatever reason, is a bad way to start any sort of worthwhile relationship. So I don't resort to that tactic myself. On the other hand I can't claim that honesty is a successful policy either - I'm over 40 and live by myself, and it's starting to look like it will stay that way.

All this is independent of the problem of women lying about their ages - there seem to be an astonishing number of 39 year old women at loose ends, and one does start to suspect that some of them have been "39" for a loooong time.

In this case? If you're overwhelming offended by the fact that he lied, drop him. And drop any fantasies of righteous retribution as well. Just drop him, don't give him a hard time. And adjust your own expectations. If you don't, it will be even harder to do so next year. Or the year after that. Or ...

I appreciate your input, but I won't be adjusting my "expectations" for honesty anytime soon. I'd rather live alone and be happy with myself than live with someone I can't trust. I'm sure there are plenty of women who lie about their age--i'm not one of them. I have no problem whatsoever with my age, that's why I don't lie about it and expect the same from others. Your sweeping generalizations and assumptions don't apply to me. And if I adjust my expectations, isn't that settling for less? No thanks, i'll pass.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
People who lie about their age irk me. This is funny because last night I ran across a profile of the first guy I ever had sex with. He's 8 years older than I am and according to the age he has listed, he was 14 when he posed in Playgirl. He has no reason to lie, he still looks great.

I always say...if you're gonna lie about your age, lie the other direction. You'll have people telling you how FABULOUS you look. I have a tendency to tell people "you look awful for (age)" if they happen to be lying about it.

Sounds like you had a mediocre date with a typical internet loser. Move on without guilt.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I go through similar stuff like this all the time.

I think its better that you just steer away a bit.
It's better for you to politely walk away, rather than make a bitter situation for yourself and him.

Just from the limited details you gave, it seems that he wants a piece of butt, rather than a piece of life with you.

I know this is gonna sound tacky..but why would you tell someone that your trying to get a LTR with your dick size?

It's like "Oh im a stud - ive got a big dick"...

No, He's just a BIG DICK.

tallguypns

Sexy Member
Media
Pensacola, Florida, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
A 20 year high school reunion doesn't necessarily mean age 39 or 40. I was 17 when I started college. I will be 37 when my 20 year high school reunion comes around. People on the internet usually lie. Fact of life. I am an exception to that rule of course. When I invented the internet, I expected people to be truthful when using it. :mad: