confused calling

Maximillian: Bliss, you should count yourself very fortunate, there are very few who are so in touch with their spiritual side. The questions you have are normal and are just a part of embracing what it is you are experiencing.

I had to chuckle a little as I write this as I worship Mother Earth as My Supreme Being and sometimes find it hard to comprehend the other forms of religion. However that doesnt mean I dont respect others beliefs hence My attempted support of you.

The bottom line is to be true to yourself and your beliefs and it will all be good.

da_blissmachine: Mother Earth is one manifestation of the Absolute.... all of us are essencially worshiping the same thing.

I have talked with a Lutheran minister, UU minister, Rabbi, Catholic priest, Hindu swamis, Jain nun, Serbian Orthodox Patriarch, Imam, Buddhist monk, Wiccan priestes/shaman....... all have told me that the "call" is very painful at first untill you sort it out... it takes time to get comfortable with.

prepstudinsc: Not only is the call painful, but if you ignore it, it only gets stronger. You'll know if the call is a true calling or just a figment of your imagination. God always has a way of getting us to stand back and take notice....sometimes it's written in big letters in the sky, other times, it's a still small voice. Just sit back and see how things unfold.....you'll know what's right.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=jackinman link=board=meetgreet;num=1067660979;start=0#11 date=10/31/03 at 22:50:03]
I was told that god was a male. So I would like clarification b4 my time is up.   [/quote]

Linguistic perspective: In all gender-specific languages of the world, the word corresponding to 'God' is a masculine noun. In English, if the creative force we refer to as God were specifically feminine, we would properly say 'Goddess', not 'God'. 'God' is grammatically, if not physically, masculine.

Maximillian: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1067660979;start=20#21 date=11/01/03 at 15:25:15]Mother Earth is one manifestation of the Absolute.... all of us are essencially worshiping the same thing.
[/quote]

Exactly Bliss, however in My opinion, I have seen alot of tunnel vision where religion is concerned. I dont go to church to worship on Sundays, I am true to My calling every day of the week. I dont tithe a church, I buy a tree or do something to improve the earth. I dont pray to an entity, I look within Myself for answers, because thats where I believe all answers truly lie. This is how My "spiritual" side receives the most satisfaction.

Enjoying this topic alot, thank you.

Maximillian

da_blissmachine: well for some religion is very individual..... for others its almost exclusively an organized group experience

i find I need a dose of each

prepstudinsc: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1067660979;start=20#25 date=11/02/03 at 19:20:59]well for some religion is very individual..... for others its almost exclusively an organized group experience

i find I need a dose of each[/quote]

I like the group experience for support, affirmation, and the sheer excitement and energy that can come from a spiritualy charged worship service.

I also like the power that comes from a personal prayer time that is an intimate time between me and God.

In my life, both are necessary.

Maximillian: Yes and it also depends on your surroundings as you grow up too. My family has basically the same beliefs I do, so its what I have known.

Not putting down those who do participate in organized religion at all, each persons needs are different.

Maximillian

da_blissmachine: i think both are necessary for a majority of people... maybe all

i certainly couldnt live without either

prepstudinsc: [quote author=Maximillian link=board=meetgreet;num=1067660979;start=20#27 date=11/02/03 at 19:26:17]Yes and it also depends on your surroundings as you grow up too. My family has basically the same beliefs I do, so its what I have known.

Not putting down those who do participate in organized religion at all, each persons needs are different.

Maximillian[/quote]

That's very true....one tends to identify with what is familiar. I grew up in church, that's what I know. It's what I have experienced my whole life.

Each person's needs are different, I know that I need some group interaction. I think I would fall flat on my face without support from others who share my beliefs and values.

I respect those who can do it on their own, I just know that I can't.

7x6andchg: I have often found that I tend to NOT need others when it comes to faith or religion. I ascribe to a religion in many respects solely because I was brought UP in that religion. However, I have many dogmatic "issues" with that religion, and several others.

That said - I think God speaks in His/Her own way, to all of us. We need only to listen and understand...which is much more difficult to do than it sounds, IMHO.

7x6&C