Confused Sexuality

strfer

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Slamdunk_dude@Jul 17 2005, 01:57 AM

I feel like I want to "come out" but what do I say "Dad, I'm gay", "Dad I'm bisexual" or "Dad I'm sexually attracted to men and women but don't know if I'm bisexual or a homosexual in denial, I just wanted to let you know" lol

Sorry if this post sounds ridiculous, I just want to be able to tell my friends when I see a hot guy.......... (or girl) aaaaaaagh

[post=329692]Quoted post[/post]​
I think that the problem is that you think a lot about it. My wife is attractive for women, but she doesn’t think she is a bi, she just doesn’t think about it at all.

curiouscat9

1st Like
Media
This is my first posting after registering a few days ago. Okay. Into the fray…

First, I haven’t read the whole string of advice laid out since your post in July. Because, frankly honey, I just don’t have the time right now.
Second, despite this fact, I felt I have something to contribute to the question of sexual attraction. Notice, that I chose 99% Straight, 1% Gay in my profile. Why? Because in all my reading about sexuality, from both the historic and clinical perspective, we all harbor some curiosity about same sex relationships. Our sexuality is defined by many things, our parents’ and societies moralities, teachings of church and state, peer opinion, etc. Some of us discover early, who we are and embrace it with the acceptance it deserves. Others bloom later in life, after they have overcome the fear of rejection or repulsion from the people they hold nearest and dearest. Most of the reading I have done says that a person’s sexuality is defined at or around puberty, who your first best friend was, and your relationship to your parents. Maybe this is true, maybe it isn’t. For me, I knew emphatically that I was not same sex oriented when I kissed my best friend (using a Kleenex to buffer the physical contact) when I was in fifth or sixth grade. (What can I say – puberty hit early for me!) I loved her, but I didn’t lllooovvveee her, if you get my meaning. We pulled away and were both repulsed. However, I know that if I weren’t in a committed relationship, I wouldn’t automatically turn down a same sex experience with someone were attraction existed.

All I can say is don’t be afraid do explore something you think exists within yourself. At eighteen, you are of legal age and your happiness matters. Getting to know yourself takes time and brutal honesty. Hopefully, your epiphany will come sooner, rather than later. Just keep it safe ;) while you test the waters.

Also, I wouldn’t be too concerned about the article you read about bisexuality being non-existent. For every study that says one thing, there is another that says the opposite it. And always, ALWAYS, consider the source and publication type of anything you read. I’d be curious (ergo my name) to know where you read the article. It would be easier to rebut what it said.