Confused Str8 Men Hitting On Gays

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sometimes my buddies want to get amorous. It usually happens when they've been drinking. It happens to straight guys who come on to other straight guys too. Men just have a hard time expressing their emotions. I think there'd be a lot less confusion and sexual tension if we all were more honest about our feelings. It's ok to say you"like" someone. You don't necessarily have to fuck them.

naw, I'd rather fuck them

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i gave that a thought about them teasing me. but the one that asked for breakfast always asked for me to make him breakfast when no one else was around and his voice changed, softer, and once he had a little bit too much to drink at a happy hour that we attended and later he started rubbing on my arm seductively. i came to the conclusion that he might not be totally str8.

and the tube steak guy. very suspect of not being totally str8. sure there are str8 guys that make fun of you to your face. but sometimes it is best to read between the lines. which i haven't learned to do.
It gives the situation a different context if they do it when there's no-one else around.I got the idea that they were playing to an audience - trying to give their workmates a laugh.
Closet gays end up getting married because of family/peer pressures.If that's the case with these guys it's still never a good idea to mix work with pleasure.

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sometimes my buddies want to get amorous. It usually happens when they've been drinking. It happens to straight guys who come on to other straight guys too. Men just have a hard time expressing their emotions. I think there'd be a lot less confusion and sexual tension if we all were more honest about our feelings. It's ok to say you"like" someone. You don't necessarily have to fuck them.

this happens to girls all the time!

bigcurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

I like yer thoughts there. many men have a black and white approach to what makes a man str8 or gay.

gcqt4u

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey bigmix,

Thanks for sharing your story, it was very interesting to read. I have been in a similar position myself ( sharing a room on a sales trip away with the boss) and yes it's very uncomfortable to have someone hit on you when you are not interested. It is hard to know what to say or do.

The difference being,I am Gay and my Boss was Gay & knew that I was, and therefore assumed that I was keen to play around. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I'll root anyone, I still have standards. He continued to make advances on me at work, and eventually I had enough and resigned.

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
To me it sounds like some of the guys might actually be taking the piss out of your gayness. It's sad but true that there are still some straight men around whose only way of accepting gay men is to take the mickey out of them.
my thoughts exactly!many straight guys are simply "childish"And find this type of harassment amusing.Its sad but true.Your co-workers ned to grow up.

SandraSmithCarver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
men can only connect--

Very True, you can like someone, and not even WANT to fuck them,, it seems men really have a hard time with this,, Its so much easier for a woman to be friends with a gay man,, impossible to be friends with a straight man,, sex always gets in the way! Maybe men can only "connect" with someone if there fucking them ????

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
men can only connect--

Very True, you can like someone, and not even WANT to fuck them,, it seems men really have a hard time with this,, Its so much easier for a woman to be friends with a gay man,, impossible to be friends with a straight man,, sex always gets in the way! Maybe men can only "connect" with someone if there fucking them ????
Hmmm,good point.:eek:

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
men can only connect--

Not ALL men, Sandra. Some of us are self-aware enough to know and enjoy our sexuality, and love doing something about it. Others (bi, straight, gay...whatever ya wanna call us) can only admit to wanting something they think is 'wrong' if they're drunk or anonymous.

To be honest, I'm very able to know when it's appropriate to act on my sexual animal and when it is best to keep it in check. I find little pleasure in having sex with someone who is not self-aware enough to slut it out with me, meaning that he isn't able to just enjoy what he feels about another man unless he's given himself the excuse that he's 'too drunk to know better'. I don't believe it anyway.:cool:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There's an element of curiosity in many so-called straight men (I include myself here). A gay friend of mine once told me that most straight guys are only a couple of drinks away from their first gay experience!

there is a joke about what is the difference between a gay man and a str8 man...and the answer is a six pack of beer.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have slept with at least 4 of these 'married/straight' guys in my time.
Most of them were very upfront about it, too..."this is what i do sometimes" type stuff.
I found it very intriguing I guess, since I know many married friends who would never consider it.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
How many of us males (str8, bi, gay) had some sort of sexual contact with another male as a youth. If I remember right by the time of my first time with another guys hand stroking my cock (pre teen) and mine stroking another till the time I went into highschool, I had at least got stroked by at least 6 or more guys (and some other activity with others). This number may be a little high for some and a little low for others, but most of us have found ourselves in this situation. This continued in highschool for me and when I have seen some of these guys after becoming a adult, almost all of these guys were married and considered themselves as str8 as one can get (and have been married myself). How many of these guys would like to try this again or even want to take it a little further without anyone knowing they had done this in the past ? I am not surprised at all when a married male is trying to let me know that he would like to have more than just a beer. My thought is most are just curious enough to want to see what it would be like now.

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
PacificFive Oh, I can see why straight guys would flirt with you. After all you're an attractive guy. I'd flirt with you too! even though you're not into girls. It's just a fun thing to do for either gender. Sorry for being so honest! :biggrin1:

I have straight friends that will flirt.. I think its something like.. well, it makes them feel good to appeal to even a man. I dunno

SandraSmithCarver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Not ALL men, Sandra. Some of us are self-aware enough to know and enjoy our sexuality, and love doing something about it. Others (bi, straight, gay...whatever ya wanna call us) can only admit to wanting something they think is 'wrong' if they're drunk or anonymous.

To be honest, I'm very able to know when it's appropriate to act on my sexual animal and when it is best to keep it in check. I find little pleasure in having sex with someone who is not self-aware enough to slut it out with me, meaning that he isn't able to just enjoy what he feels about another man unless he's given himself the excuse that he's 'too drunk to know better'. I don't believe it anyway.:cool:

Well,, all i can say is,, your a better man than most, sounds like you have boundaries and are pretty healthy :biggrin1:

SandraSmithCarver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
PacificFive Oh, I can see why straight guys would flirt with you. After all you're an attractive guy. I'd flirt with you too! even though you're not into girls. It's just a fun thing to do for either gender. Sorry for being so honest! :biggrin1:

I agree, your very cute! :tongue:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't even count the number of straight male friends who have said, either in a lucid moment or drunken state, "Onan, if I were gay, I'd want to be with a guy like you."... Arrrggh... great compliment but fruitless for me... especially since, usually I have a much closer friendship with their wives, than with them and would not risk ruining that.

And then, just like the OP's naive experiences, I have so many memories of missed opportunities with presumably straight guys that were dropping hints that I was too dumb to pick up on.

"Gawd, my shoulders ache.... wish I could get a massage..." ... and the like!

Onan

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some days, I can be soo bad! Today is special for me and its the first time in nearly 10 days that I've had the day off. Went to the guy early this morning and after 2.5 hrs of resistance training, showered and put on clean gym clothes: white Nike sleeveless form fit shirt, loose but short Nike gray shorts and Nike ankle socks. Also left my left nipple ring in. Off to the local grocery store and stopped by the Starbuck's at the entrance before just taking my time to shop. In the 40 minutes that I was in the store before checking out, 2 guys approached me asking if I knew what aisle such and such was in. Another bumped his cart into mine, apologized and started talking football, yesterday's and today's games. The single guys weren't the funny part. I caught at least four guys, all of whom appeared to be str8 as they were with wives or gf, making direct, repeated and prolonged eye contact with me.