Confused Str8 Men Hitting On Gays

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have slept with at least 4 of these 'married/straight' guys in my time..

They're not straight and you contributed to their cheating. Does that make you feel good about yourself? Someday you may be on the other side, and be the one who's cheated on.

I have straight friends that will flirt.. I think its something like.. well, it makes them feel good to appeal to even a man. I dunno

If a guy flirts with me, I'll flirt back. If a woman flirts, I flirt back.

I caught at least four guys, all of whom appeared to be str8 as they were with wives or gf, making direct, repeated and prolonged eye contact with me.

Maybe they liked what you were wearing. :wink:

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe they liked what you were wearing. :wink:

The one that bumped into me and wanted to talk was probably the hottest and I should kick myself cause it was probably a missed opportunity. He was pretty close to my age, just a pinky ring, good eye-to-eye contact but all the conversation was fb focused...who did I think was going to win today SD or Indy, Jets or Dallas? who's my fav qb? what did I think about the first 2 minutes of yesterday's packer's game? what position did I play in HS, etc. ...all of directed at me, but really indirect if he was trying to send signals. A few years ago, there was a lot of talk about women meeting or trying to meet guys in grocery stores. This was sort of an eye opener for me but you better believe that I'll never go grocery shopping again dressed conservatively.:biggrin1:

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If this makes anyone feel better about this topic, a buddy of mine and I were hanging out last summer at the beach. We were talking about our friendship and relationships in general. Then out of nowhere he says "Jon, we have so much in common and I really like you. I sure wish you were a girl. Then we could get together." I laughed. I reminded him that I'm not a girl, and that if I were a girl, I'd be completely different. I also told him that it's cool if he liked me as I am, and not some "female" version of me. I thought this was an interesting take on this issue.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A few years ago, there was a lot of talk about women meeting or trying to meet guys in grocery stores.

I remember that. In fact, in my area, one of the grocery stores had a singles shopping night. Other people could go too, but it was mainly for them. It never really caught on. This was all before the internet.

If this makes anyone feel better about this topic, a buddy of mine and I were hanging out last summer at the beach. We were talking about our friendship and relationships in general. Then out of nowhere he says "Jon, we have so much in common and I really like you. I sure wish you were a girl. Then we could get together." I laughed. I reminded him that I'm not a girl, and that if I were a girl, I'd be completely different. I also told him that it's cool if he liked me as I am, and not some "female" version of me. I thought this was an interesting take on this issue.

That is interesting. He liked you as a male friend, but I think what he was getting at was he wished he could have a female friend/girlfriend with your qualities. Kind of a backhanded compliment.

D_Ball Walker

Just Browsing
Media
I can't even count the number of straight male friends who have said, either in a lucid moment or drunken state, "Onan, if I were gay, I'd want to be with a guy like you."... Arrrggh... great compliment but fruitless for me... especially since, usually I have a much closer friendship with their wives, than with them and would not risk ruining that.

And then, just like the OP's naive experiences, I have so many memories of missed opportunities with presumably straight guys that were dropping hints that I was too dumb to pick up on.

"Gawd, my shoulders ache.... wish I could get a massage..." ... and the like!

Onan

Thanks! We are not alone.

D_Ball Walker

Just Browsing
Media
... A few years ago, there was a lot of talk about women meeting or trying to meet guys in grocery stores. This was sort of an eye opener for me but you better believe that I'll never go grocery shopping again dressed conservatively.:biggrin1:

When I was in my 20s I got hit on my prostitutes. I was like in my head can't you see I'm gay?! And there was this one grocery store they would go to and ram their shopping cart against yours. That was the signal. Go figure.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I was in my 20s I got hit on by prostitutes. I was like in my head can't you see I'm gay?! And there was this one grocery store they would go to and ram their shopping cart against yours. That was the signal. Go figure.

They must've ended up broke. :)

NCbear (who honestly could NOT resist :tongue:)