Congratulations America

D

deleted213967

One more reason to vote for Obama.

Hillary Youtube Video

Huh?

We should vote for a presidential candidate's opponent because of a cheesy electoral clip for her campaign?

Thanks to all these political threads, I can finally understand why G. W. Bush is snoring at the White House right now!

Many voters treat government leaders like Hollywood celebrities. It's all about fluff.

Congratulations! Your vote still count as 1!

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Speaking of , where is his mother? Is she not well? Is she still alive?

She's dead. Stanley Ann Dunham Obama Soetoro was born in 1942 and died in 1995. Barrack's father, Barack Sr. was born in 1936 and died in 1982. Barack's stepfather, Lolo Soetoro is also dead (since 1987).

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Don't look now but a black man is kicking ass in some seriously whitebread states like Maine, Utah, North Dakota and Minnesota.

While I don't deny there are racists (and always will be) I think arguing the case that ours is a racist society - a la Al and Jesse - is becoming increasingly transparent. Go Barack!
I think Obama is breaking down the racial walls, people are seeing that they can find hope in a person who happens to be Black. That's the beauty of his campaign.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok...now. Reasons I will NOT vote for Hillary.

5. She supports the death penalty. I just can't condone that. If you killed my mother tomorrow, I'd rather you live the rest of your life in solitary confinement than be put to death the next day.

4. She has more "experience". No she doesn't. But if you look at the record of who sponsored more bills in the White House, Hillary sponsored 20. Obama sponsored almost 1000 and co-sponsored ANOTHER 1000. Who's been working harder? It's pretty apparent. (Source: Senate Record)

3. She voted for Iraq. Then she voted against Iraq. Then she votes to send MORE troops. Then she says she wants to send the troops home.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND. You flip flop more than John Kerry.

2. She has NO strategy for the Economy. And while you people say McCain doesn't have one either, I read that he does...albeit it is an old White businessman plan, but it's better than having no plan at all. Hillary hasn't even ACKNOWLEDGED a possible plan. In fact, all her other plans are so hard to even tell if she thought them out. She promises Universal Health Care...BY HER SECOND TERM?! What are you telling me Hillary? You have NO plans for your first term...which brings me to the number one reason I will not vote for Hillary. (Source: Candidates + issues matrix - Politics - MSNBC.com)

1. She is riding on the coat tails of Bill Clinton. Are you just going to be Bill's puppet? I mean, you have absolutely no plans for your first term as president. So far, you've had Bill patronize and sling mud at Barack Obama. You've had Bill call in favors and make threats to previous cabinet members...and you expect me to vote for you? You've lost all credibility to me. I'm sorry.

If Obama does NOT get the Democratic nomination. I'm voting for John McCain.

:rolleyes:
Huh?

We should vote for a presidential candidate's opponent because of a cheesy electoral clip for her campaign?

Thanks to all these political threads, I can finally understand why G. W. Bush is snoring at the White House right now!

Many voters treat government leaders like Hollywood celebrities. It's all about fluff.

Ironically, that's why I think people are voting for Hillary. They DON'T check the issues.

littledickboy111

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Remember those parodies they did of Rudy Gulliani where he was just yelling "9-11!" at his rallies and at the debates? They should do those over again with Obama just yelling "Change! Change! Change!" because that's his entire message and he's a loser because of it.

Yes, Obama is a loser.

Not because he's black.

Although he is black.

He's a loser because he's liberal.

Not because he's black.

But liberals are losers!

Except black liberals.

They're okay.

Except Obama!

Because he's close to power and I hate it when liberals are close to power.

He'll steal from you.

Not because he's black.

Through taxes.

He's not a pickpocket and I don't think all blacks are pick pockets.

He's black.

He's a loser.

But not because he's black.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Huh?

My comment was tongue-in-cheek. If you didn't get it, I can't help you.

Since I answered the OP's question, i'll assume your comment about fluff was not directed at me.

Gonzo3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Speaking as a UK guy who loves America with all it's faults I have to say that the real winners of the current round of Primaries are the American people. Is it only 40 years since the civil rights movement? and here we have a real possibility of a Black American President. Whatever your political leanings you have to admit how far things have moved.
..................America will never vote a black american into the presidency there is too much ......racial prejudice .......as there is too much class prejudice in the UK.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Remember those parodies they did of Rudy Gulliani where he was just yelling "9-11!" at his rallies and at the debates? They should do those over again with Obama just yelling "Change! Change! Change!" because that's his entire message and he's a loser because of it.

Yes, Obama is a loser.

Not because he's black.

Although he is black.

He's a loser because he's liberal.

Not because he's black.

But liberals are losers!

Except black liberals.

They're okay.

Except Obama!

Because he's close to power and I hate it when liberals are close to power.

He'll steal from you.

Not because he's black.

Through taxes.

He's not a pickpocket and I don't think all blacks are pick pockets.

He's black.

He's a loser.

But not because he's black.

I thought you were going away?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hillary Clinton is one of the most divisive, polarizing politicians in the last 50 years of American politics. She'll never get anything done because she'll be distracted by attacks before she's even inaugurated.

Barack Obama gives me hope that we can really find a way out of the Red/Blue us/them dichotomy that has stained our country for far too long.

And yes, emphatically yes: his being black most definitely is a factor in my thinking, though it's not the sum totality of my enthusiasm over his candidacy. The symbolism that comes with him (and his bio), added to his brilliant ability to turn a phrase and his agenda (with which I agree 95%), and the fact that he will actually be able to realize his agenda without Hillary's shrill divisiveness getting in the way all lead to my support.

Obama stands for the future. Hillary and McCain both stand in the past, waving their flags and banners of battles long stale and tired. He gives me reason to feel optimistic for the first time in many many years.

D

deleted213967

Ok...now. Reasons I will NOT vote for Hillary.

5. She supports the death penalty. I just can't condone that. If you killed my mother tomorrow, I'd rather you live the rest of your life in solitary confinement than be put to death the next day.

So does Obama, albeit (as with Hillary) for obvious political reasons: a vast majority of voting Americans unfortunately still favor the death penalty. I was extremely disappointed in Obama's blowing with the wind on that symbolic issue.

4. She has more "experience". No she doesn't. But if you look at the record of who sponsored more bills in the White House, Hillary sponsored 20. Obama sponsored almost 1000 and co-sponsored ANOTHER 1000. Who's been working harder? It's pretty apparent. (Source: Senate Record)

She does too, by virtue of being 14 years older, having spent 2 terms at the White House (and not baking cookies) and by virtue of her longer tenure at the US Senate. This point is moot for a majority of the primaries voters, who want "change", not as much experience or competence (without of course wanting to precisely define "change", let alone make "change" happen themselves).

Obama Sponsored/Co-Sponsored 2,000 bills...in 1 not-yet-complete term??????

That would mean that he sponsored Republican bills too and that the US Senate also outsourced legislative work to Bangalore, India!

Check your facts lady:

GovTrack: Barack Obama

Statistic: Barack Obama missed 185 of 1098 votes (17%) since Jan 6, 2005 (Extremely Poor relative to peers).

Statistics: Barack Obama has sponsored 129 bills since Jan 4, 2005, of which 120 haven't made it out of committee (Poor) and 1 were successfully enacted (Average, relative to peers). Obama has co-sponsored 545 bills during the same time period (Average, relative to peers).

:rolleyes:
Ironically, that's why I think people are voting for Hillary. They DON'T check the issues.

Who are you? A Fox News intern?

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
...lady?
She does too, by virtue of being 14 years older, having spent 2 terms at the White House (and not baking cookies) and by virtue of her longer tenure at the US Senate. This point is moot for a majority of the primaries voters, who want "change", not as much experience or competence (without of course wanting to precisely define "change", let alone make "change" happen themselves).

Obama Sponsored/Co-Sponsored 2,000 bills...in 1 not-yet-complete term??????

That would mean that he sponsored Republican bills too
What's wrong with him sponsoring Republican bills? I'll vote Republican if Hillary is nominated. She spent two terms in the White House? Sounds like more of the Bill Clinton puppetry trick. I'm not voting to give up my 22nd amendment rights to have the same president in office longer than two terms. She hasn't been in the senate so long either.

When she can stand on her own two feet without having Bill call in favors and publically criticize and patronize other candidates, then I MIGHT take her seriously. And she STILL doesn't have any plans for her presidency. Obama does. While Obama "supports" the death penalty, he also emptied death row and removed the death penalty for those who were on it. Sounds like my kind of candidate.

I know my issues, do you?

I pointed out 5 reasons why I would not vote for Hillary, you failed at refuting only two...which still leaves me a solid 3/5 reasons NOT to vote for her. Were you attempting to make a point by quoting my post? Maybe you should be fetching doughnuts for some late night anchor. Not my duty.

If Hillary is the second coming of Bill, then I'd rather her resign right now. Obama/Edwards '08.

(However...I'll accept Obama/Clinton...)

D

deleted213967

First of all...I am sorry MAN! I thought you were a female-hating female and was about to tell you that you had no idea how much harder it was (still is) for a woman to be powerful and successful and convey the message that she could be Commander in Chief.

I was about to tell you that you may not have hit the Glass Ceiling yet but since you're a dude, you'll never even see it either.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
How would you infer that I hated females, anyway?

I'm pretty sure none of my reasons for NOT voting for Hillary had anything to do with her sex.

o_O

That reminds me of how I hate when people throw in their own fallacies into the another person's argument so that they can refute them. I'm all for a fully capable female candidate. Hillary, so far, has not proven to me that she is one. At this point, I think Condi would've done a better job.

D

deleted213967

How would you infer that I hated females, anyway?

I'm pretty sure none of my reasons for NOT voting for Hillary had anything to do with her sex.

o_O

That reminds me of how I hate when people throw in their own fallacies into the another person's argument so that they can refute them. I'm all for a fully capable female candidate. Hillary, so far, has not proven to me that she is one. At this point, I think Condi would've done a better job.

I have already apologized for somehow assuming you were a woman. I trust that you don't hate women in power.

What got me was your use of completely inaccurate yet easily researchable US Senate records. Look at the official statistics. Hillary simply sponsored/co-sponsored more bills than Obama, which doesn't mean anything anyway since their bills went mostly nowhere.

Like you I am against the death penalty and your assertion that you were against Hillary because she was FOR it implied that Obama was opposed to the death penalty. He simply isn't.

That's fallacy and misrepresentation of easily verifiable facts.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hillary has not sponsored/co-sponsored more than Obama. I have yet to see those records that prove that as fact. All facts point the other way around, and as far as his "absent" voting record..."absent" is simply a tactic that MANY politicians use when they support the bill, but feel that it needs to be reworked in order to better suit the needs of the population.

In fact, I just did a topical search of the congressional record at the library of Congress (Congressional Record 110th Congress - THOMAS (Library of Congress)) and Obama's name came up more than Clinton's. Not that it means too much, I guess...but...-shrugs-

And I corrected myself on the death penalty issue. But again, Hillary isn't seeking to help those who have been wrongly GIVEN the death penalty. Obama is. I'm pretty sure he only says he's for the penalty to reach more conservatives.

On a side note (aside from Obama/Clinton), I find it funny that most conservates (ergo fundamental Christians) are for the death penalty when the Bible clearly states, "Thou shalt not kill"...especially when the Bible doesn't say "Thou shalt kill those who kill you." Of course they could bring up the whole "eye for an eye" thing, but last time I checked it was Christianity and not Islam (which utilizes the same Jewish principal for obvious reasons) and a Christian (ergo, follower of Christ) should follow the Christ principal of "turn the other cheek". Ho-hum.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
True. My question to you is...is it a bigger deal to have a woman as president, or a black man as president? The civil rights movement began in the 60's, but women's sufferage was in 1920, which was 87 years ago.

My personal opinion, I think that having a woman as president is a great step for the US, but I don't think Hillary Clinton is the right woman.

Not that I prefer Hillary Clinton, but why isn't she the right woman ? If there were a way to galvanize her of her affiliation with her husband and those 8 years in the White House, there's very little differentiating her from O'bama in 2008. I think where O'bama is beating Hillary is more based upon his ability as a public speaker. Whether he's any more effective than she would be remains to be seen. So far it's turned into sexism vs racism, I really haven't heard what either are going to do that's going to make America a better nation for the majority of us that were trampled by the Bush inflationary years ?

MeganFoxLover

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am all for a black president, a female president, hell, any type of nationality almost... but I understand how far our country is come, and I'm damn sure proud of it.

But what I look for in a president is the ability to lead, it goes beyond race, yet again, it would be cool to see someone in there other than the typical white male.

That being said, I don't know Obama's plan, I would vote for him in an instant over Hillary. I am more on the Republican platform... not how the Republicans are acting today... what they really stand for. And I don't really think that McCain or Huckabee at this point do. The closest one to anything is Ron Paul.

I love how everyone talks about change, when they're all doing the basic same thing, the major issue that makes democrats and republicans different, is the war in Iraq.

I'm not gonna get into it. But I've checked the stuff out. There is stuff on McCain, Clinton... and many other people that could hurt their campaign. And especially with Clinton, conspiracies. Ron Paul is one of the few in either party that has a proven track record and has always said the same thing about how he feels.

I just want a president to bring our troops home from Iraq successfully and with leaving at least a somewhat stable government system intact in Iraq, and start taking care of our damn economy which is going in the shitter. Our dollar is not less valuable than two countries I think... that's very, very bad. That needs to change.

So yeah, there's my two... possibly three cents on the subject. Trying not to get on anyone's bad side, haha.