Congratulations to me

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well not just me.

Today is my partner and I's 11th anniversary. It has passed by so quickly that it feels more like 3. Anyway i wanted to mention it as so many gay relationships are detracted from and presumed dead in the water just as they begin. We too were written off by many. Some people ask if we are still together. I wonder if they would ask this of a straight couple?
I am more in love with him now than ever, he gives so much and asks so little ( in my oppinion) Life is great and i never want to be without him.

In an age where Straight divorce is so high and couples seem to marry in a matter of months, I am proud to be in a loving stable relationship after so long.

So here's to us. And fuck all those who doubted us.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Congrats. I'm hoping for similar results. However, I'm gliding into my sixth year and getting a bit worried, though. My last "husband" of 7/8 years up and died on me one afternoon without warning. The bastard. If he weren't dead I'd dig him up and kill him! So, you have my support in keeping a loving, nurturing relationship together. And I second that "And fuck all those who doubted us."

(Actually, I wouldn't want to fuck most of them, just poke them with a sharp stick.)

From Mr. Midlifebear in Barçelona.

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Congrats. I'm hoping for similar results. However, I'm gliding into my sixth year and getting a bit worried, though. My last "husband" of 7/8 years up and died on me one afternoon without warning. The bastard. If he weren't dead I'd dig him up and kill him! So, you have my support in keeping a loving, nurturing relationship together. And I second that "And fuck all those who doubted us."

(Actually, I wouldn't want to fuck most of them, just poke them with a sharp stick.)

From Mr. Midlifebear in Barçelona.

That's sad about your first fella. Thanks for the kind words.

And yes you are quite right, the sharp stick option is far more preferable.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
So you've been with your fluffer since you were 19.:wink:
That's amazing, 9inch.
How did he put up with all that garlic, all that many years?
He's either anosmic, Italian, or really into you, boi.
BTW, I've always felt you don't pay enuff attention to me.
But that's okay ... I'm happy for you.
Party on.:cool:

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ha, to answer several questions

We met through his sis' with whom I worked at the time, he was 17. We didnt hook up straight away!

We both love garlic, although i think he`s really into me too!

And Rubster, i did get your PM but it was 3 days too late and we dont get that channel here, sorry i didn`t reply. I always find your comments amusing and inciteful. I aplologise for not seeming more interested. You are one of the few guys whose posts i always read. I just get a bit detatched sometimes.

Please feel ignored no more

Tampa Guy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Congrats to you too. My partner and I are going on 10.5 years and started dating at 21/22. The secret: honest communication and respect.

Maybe we shoudl start a 10+ club :biggrin1:

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Congrats to you too. My partner and I are going on 10.5 years and started dating at 21/22. The secret: honest communication and respect.

Maybe we shoudl start a 10+ club :biggrin1:

I am presuming you mean years.

Congrats and i agree totally. Be honest and true. Set clear boudries for acceptable behaviour in all aspects of your lives. I guess that takes a while to become comfortable enough with each other to have that discussion though?

Tampa Guy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
10+ years, yes. Although..... :)

Of course communication is an ever evolving aspect of relationships (not just with your partner) but ESPECIALLY important with him/her. The best part of being together for many years is the growth you develop both as a couple and personally. Hopefully, both are after a common goal but if not, things can fall apart. Luckily for me, we're both smart, ambitous, and kind people.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
And Rubster, i did get your PM but it was 3 days too late and we dont get that channel here, sorry i didn`t reply. I always find your comments amusing and inciteful. I aplologise for not seeming more interested. You are one of the few guys whose posts i always read. I just get a bit detatched sometimes.
Please feel ignored no more

Oh, 9inch, don't worry. I was just joking. (Not even thinking of that PM.)
You find me inciteful?
Hmmmm. Verrrrry interesting, and perhaps insightful.
(How did you learn about my politics?:biggrin1:)
Carry on lad.
You can be chairman of our mutual admiration society ... the Nine-inch Rubes.:tongue:

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well not just me.

Today is my partner and I's 11th anniversary. It has passed by so quickly that it feels more like 3. Anyway i wanted to mention it as so many gay relationships are detracted from and presumed dead in the water just as they begin. We too were written off by many. Some people ask if we are still together. I wonder if they would ask this of a straight couple?
I am more in love with him now than ever, he gives so much and asks so little ( in my oppinion) Life is great and i never want to be without him.

In an age where Straight divorce is so high and couples seem to marry in a matter of months, I am proud to be in a loving stable relationship after so long.

So here's to us. And fuck all those who doubted us.

congrats on your anniversary