Congressional approval rating hits 4 years high

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
øGuru,

While I enjoy your spark and believe your heart is in the right place, you've rather offended me. I don't mean that in the "you-said-something-about-me-that-offended-me" sort of way, but more in the "what-you-said-is-generally-offensive" sort of way. The bit I highlighted in pink is the wording of concern here. It is exactly the mindless sheeple "patriotic" anti-logic that was strewn down on us by throngs of bush-loving "conservatives" during his first term.

Being the über-liberal that I am, I don't subscribe to that old adage about turnabout being fair play. The reason I didn't like the anti-logic back then wasn't because it wasn't me that got to proclaim such things; it was because I rather think it is the duty of the people to question things they don't believe in - i.e. it is "patriotic" to do so. Telling people they're anti-american if they question the president's authority is stiffling to the very thing that makes america great: freedom of speech.

Please don't get me wrong. I vehemently dislike all of the Obama bashing I'm seeing here lately. It just isn't unpatriotic. It isn't un-american. It's a bunch of sore-looser, tired-ass bellyaching, is all.

Ok, allow me to recant and restate it then. They're not patriotic. =)

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
On the topic of the stock market being a predictor of how well the President is doing:

The Dow Knows All | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Favorite quote: "Wall Street hated Ronald Reagan."

PS, if you haven't seen the whole John Stewart vs. CNBC/Jim Cramer thing from the past week or so, it's worth a look. F*ck CNBC, btw. :biggrin1:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In this forum, a good analogy would be that posts from, say, Flashy would be rated AAA, while posts from, say, HazelGOD would be Bb, or 'junk.'

Whereas posts by, say, TrollInfestor, would be declined any rating at all.

You see, the credit authorities maintain minimum standards of qualification that must be satisfied before giving any bond serious evaluation.

Last edited:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, allow me to recant and restate it then. They're not patriotic. =)

You didn't get what I was saying at all, did you?

They are patriotic. They're standing up for what they believe in. There's nothing more patriotic than that.

It doesn't matter if what they believe in is wrong. If they disagree, they should say so. That's what makes this country great, god-damn-it!