Congressional Hit-List

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Notaguru2, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Trying to put partisan politics aside, nominate 3 people from your party that should be recalled and why. We can't sit by and let these people continue down the path they're on without recourse. Please don't nominate prez candidates - we're stuck with them.

I've got to research my Dems, but I will nominate three - I just need to figure out who.

2. mindseye

Gold Member

Well, technically, I'm not registered with any party (Virginia has open primaries), but let's say for the sake of argument that I'm a Democrat. :rolleyes:

1. I'd say Joe Lieberman, but he's not really a Democrat anymore, is he?
    2. William Jefferson (D-LA): indicted in 2006 on 16 corruption charges. The House Democratic membership voted 99-58 to strip him of his committee memberships; this vote was ratified in the entire House by voice vote. And yet, Louisianans re-elected him that November.
    3. Alcee Hastings (D-FL): Hastings was once a federal judge, who was impeached and removed from office in 1989 for bribery and perjury. In 1992, Floridians elected him to the House of Representatives. Go figure.
    4. Alan Mollohan (D-WV): Once the ranking minority member of the House Ethics committee(!) In 2006, Mollohan secured a multi-million-dollar earmark for a company in which he had a financial interest, but which he failed to list on his financial disclosure forms. An FBI investigation followed, after which Mollohan claimed that he made a 'mistake' on the form and filed a 'corrected' form listing that company and over twenty others he hadn't previously disclosed.

3. uniqueusername

Ted Stevens (R-AK): Obvious reasons
    Mitch McConnell (R-wherever) and most of the RINOs in the Senate: I'm so sick of this bailout

4. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Absolutely awesome list...

1. let's add Jane Harmon D-Ca.

Time.com reported on 10/20/2006 that Harmon is being investigated by the Justice Department for allegedly enlisting wealthy donors to lobby the then House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to retain Harmon as the ranking member of the House Intelligence Commitee. Harmon was allegedly aided in this effort by AIPAC. It all started when media reports suggested that Pelosi would name Rep. Alcee Hastings D-Fla to replace Harmon as the head Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee in the middle of 2005. In addition to investigating alleged calls made at Harman’s behest by wealthy Democratic Party contributors to Pelosi, the probe is also looking into whether, in exchange for help from AIPAC, Harman agreed to try to persuade the Bush Administration to go easy on AIPAC officials involved in a broader investigation. :mad:

2. How about ol' Ben Nelson D-NE?

He opposes stem cell research, voted for Bush's tax cuts, voted to nominate Michael Mukasey for Attorney General, voted to confirm Alito and supported janice Rogers Brown to the appellate court by being one of teh gang of fourteen.

He also voted for the Iraq war and a joint resolution to revise U.S. policy in Iraq... what a douchebag. :mad:

3. John Murtha D-Pa

David J. Kirkpatrick of the New York Times wrote a piece titled "Trading Votes For Pork Across th Aisle" in October 2006 stating that Murtha is known as a dealer of earmarks, trading earmarks for votes on bills. On the floor of the House he occupies a corner, known as the "Murtha corner", where minority Democrats come to ask for earmarks and majority Republicans come to ask for votes for their legislation. Murtha has delivered votes to help Republicans block a number of Democratic initiatives: "to investigate federal contracting fraud in Iraq, to reform lobbying laws, to increase financing for flood control, to add $150 million for veterans' health care and job training, and to exempt middle-class families from the alternative minimum tax." Those who vote with Murtha have been rewarded with a large supply of earmarks for their districts.

In 1989 Murtha became chairman of the Defense Appropriation Subcommittee. There he imposed new rules and procedure that forced Defense appropriations bills to be decided behind closed doors. The practice has continued since Republicans took the majority in 1995. :eek:

What a DOUCHEBAG!!!!!

#4 tripod, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  5. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    The voters of Minority Leader Mitch McConnel's district have that taken care of.......he is waaaaaay behind his Democratic opponent. Not gonna be a pretty election for the repubs(We'll finally bid adieu to Liddy Dole!, North Carolina is turning blue)

6. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
  7. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh man... Kay Hagan is running a tough fucking campaign against Dole and Libby has no money left... but don't overestimate the intelligence of the North Carolina population, we are still a backwards state with one of the country's highest rural populations. Dole might scrape by on this one, although I am TOTALLY rooting for Kay to win.

Aren't we supposed to name members of our own party we want to remove? :smile:

8. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
Draft saved Draft deleted