Congressman goes nuts on college student

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Jun 14, 2010.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Democratic Congressman Bob Etheridge goes crazy on college student conducting research for a class project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwtaZf9_kFY

Do they have etiquette and manners training in Congress?

It doesn't appear that the student was able to glean much information from the good Congressman.

What does it say about House leadership when members are assualting hard-working college students on camara? The in-fighting and meltdowns in the House make it look like a circus.

2. sbat

sbat New Member

Read much about American history? Our Congress has been full of childish, petulant, and violent men since the very beginning. Nothing new here

3. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Sort of odd that these 'college students' refuse to identify themselves, and have continued to hide their identities since the incident, even going so far as refusing to press charges, since that would out their identity to the public, and subject them to questioning by authorities.

Smells like a snow job, especially since the outfit that edited the video and put it online is the same partisan outfit that snow jobbed ACORN with the 'pimp' BS, only to have that incident revealed later as a total sham.

The truth will inevitably come out... In the mean time, this Etheridge guy needs to learn how to maintain his composure and keep his damn hands off of other people.

4. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

assault and battery witnessed by a camera and two persons (victim and photographer). he's living dangerously and lets hope he's defeated in November.!

5. At.your.cervix

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't care if these "college students" were members of the RNC, there is no excuse for anyone--especially a member of the US Congress--to respond in such a way. All he needed to do was walk past and say "no comment." What he did was assault the young man, plain and simple. BTW, I'm a lifelong Democrat.

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

One serious question, star...
    Why can't you make this about the Congressman and not about an entire legislative branch that is currently under Democratic rule? Don't you get sick and tired of spinning so much? :rolleyes:

7. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

I don't disagree... It's just very odd that they are hiding their faces in the video, and even now after the fact concealing their identities... This is complete speculation, but these 'students' may have been contracted (paid) to go ask him a series of inflammatory questions, and are contractually obligated to remain anonymous.

#7 B_talltpaguy, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  8. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

the clip is now on TV! he apparently apologizes... it's way too late for that.

9. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

I would think that Pelosi would reinforce the simple edict that members of Congress should not assault or attack their constituents, particularly on camara.

Aside from pushing pork, embracing illegal immigration and other far left ideals, what exactly in Pelosi doing as Speaker?

It appears as though, under her leadership and with recent events - members are becoming unglued.

And shit rolls downhill.

10. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL The Speaker is suppose to instruct members not to attack constituents? Did you really write that?

I think I can forgive Mrs. Pelosi for assuming her caucus is composed of level headed mature individuals who are not going to go out and rough up the public.

This is a stretch even for you SI.

11. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Now it's Pelosi's fault that some yahoo Congressman from North Carolina turned the tables on some punk who got paid to stick a camera in his face?

...and pork spending is a 'far left ideal'???

bwahahahahaaa!!!!

Those are some adorably moronic assertions you're pimping today.

#11 B_talltpaguy, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  12. maxcok

Gold Member

Apparently not: Look here!

Cooking up a delicious dinner of aborted fetuses for her space alien overlords while they plot ways to take over the world with their great anti-Christ leader Obama. :alien:

Send in the clowns.

13. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

What are these teenagers doing discussing politics though Star? You hate that.

14. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hickboy started a thread on this same topic in the Etc forum, which I saw first. These are my responses:

That's not an unimportant point: if the action went down precisely as it appears on the vid, then the congressman in question has opened the door to both criminal and civil prosecution. If, on the other hand, this is yet another Breitbart smear job and manipulative piece of editing tomfoolery then a trial (whether criminal or civil) will expose that, too.

Unfortunately, I doubt that the ultimate truth will be made available to his constitutients before the election.

15. houtx48

Gold Member

The video is incomplete, I want to know what was left out.

16. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't think the video says anything about House Leadership. Likewise, it says nothing about:

• the President;
    • Congress;
    • the oil spill in the Gulf; or,
    • the proverbial price of rice in China.
    In fact, it says nothing about anything. I'm sure the truth will come out in time, and until then I'm going to put my opinion on hold and place a tick in the column of "troubling, but more information needed".

If you're not convinced you need to do that, StarInvestor, just take a step back and just ask yourself: "how you can I be so sure that this content -- edited for my consumption -- represents the actual events that occurred?" Even if it went down like that, why would you post it here and insist on implying it's an indictment of the current Administration or its policies? This seems to be about three individuals, one of whom is an elected official. I don't see anybody else in the video.

I haven't figure you out yet, but I have to believe there is more to you than this tiresome polemic rhetoric that you post from time to time in this forum. In the interest of improving the forums and the discussions, let's debate the issue of this videotaping incident after facts are established and not let an unknown poster on YouTube tell us what happened or what to think, hmmm?

[Also, the spellings that were eluding you were "assaulting" and "camera". FWIW, the LPSG forum editor does have a pretty nice spell-check... you can see your accidental misspellings before you post.]

17. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Star's loathing of Pelosi and Obama is forever making him see patterns where there simply aren't any. It's kinda like seeing Jesus in a potato chip or a burnt piece of toast.

But so we're clear: this video is not just some anonymous YouTube piece of fluff and bother. It originated from Breitbart.tv and is clearly part of an agenda that is not above "creative" editing and outright fabrication that makes Michael Moore look like a contributor to Sixty Minutes.

As I wrote above, if this vid is really evidence of an assault, then it needs to be turned over in its entirety to the DC police.

18. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well said, and the analogy made me smile.

Okay, I saw the "Breitbart" name, but I thought I saw a YouTube logo. I am familiar with Breitbart's tactics and persona. I am pretty sure he was the guy who went online just hours after Ted Kennedy died and called him a "prick" and a host of other things. (True or not, you don't do that to someone who can't defend themselves... forget the tastelessness of it.)

I agree... get law enforcement involved immediately. You would think these self-styled student journalists would have already filed a complaint. I know if that was my kid and that happened to him, I'd be sitting in a D.C. police station right now, asking when charges were going to be filed.

Speaking of "journalists", who blanks out their face when doing legitimate news-gathering (student or not)?

19. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    This.

20. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    And this

Draft saved Draft deleted