Congresswoman Shot at Constituent Event

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
So much crap being spewed ...until your sane post. I think someone else in an earliier post mentioned it as well, but any half sane person reading these posts would have to think there are alot of nutjobs on both sides of the fence willing to jump to conclusions. Is one side really 'better' than the other when the behavior is the same? People, you need to look in the mirror and give yourselves a reality check.

You want to know what's sad? I knew what to expect, and from whom, when I saw this thread, and I got what I expected.

I happen to believe that conservatives are generally more unaware or less self-conscious than liberals. Just look at George Bush and Ronald Reagan. Neither was a very intelligent man. I don't especially think that Democrats are much better then Republicans because they're all politicians who leave their morals behind when they run for office. I do think that tea party people fit squarely in the "kill them" camp though.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I happen to believe that conservatives are generally more unaware or less self-conscious than liberals. Just look at George Bush and Ronald Reagan. Neither was a very intelligent man. I don't especially think that Democrats are much better then Republicans because they're all politicians who leave their morals behind when they run for office. I do think that tea party people fit squarely in the "kill them" camp though.

Much of political dishonesty is the fault of voters. To win an election, a politician has to persuade voters having antithetical interests that he supports all of them and of course he cannot support all of them. If voters would more carefully study the issues and vote for the candidate whom they thought would be most fair-minded instead of voting entirely selfishly, we'd all be better off. Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen soon.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If this guy was so unstable that a twitter comment and a map on Sarah Palin's website was enough to tip him over the edge and commit attempted mass murder then almost anything could have been the "trigger". I don't think it would stand up in court.

You're mixing up cause and effect, the Tea Party aren't causing people to go out and do horrible things in the name of politics, they're the natural result of a country that for years has walked all over it's citizens. Perhaps this guy felt the same way, perhaps not, but immediately linking him to the Tea Party when it's pretty clear posters don't even know whether Giffords is dead or not is deeply ignorant and insensitive. The facts aren't clear yet, so please refrain from making hurtful accuations.

I'm not mixing a damn thing. I'm not accusing Sarah Palin, Sharron Angle, Jan Brewer or anyone of the ignorant people who constantly engaged in that hateful speech about "second amendment remedies", "reloading" and all of that gun tootin' garbage for conducting the physical act of shooting the congresswoman so don't even try and twist my statements to make it seem as if I'm blaming them for that. But if you want to sit here and act like all of the constant verbalization of violent rhetoric for the last 2+ years didn't play a factor then you're beyond naive and need to refrain from spewing your opinion on this subject. Because even a psycho needs a stimulus to provoke a response.

This isn't about whether or not the people in question are Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Tebaggers or whatever. Remember that I said this because the next time you claim that I'm engaging in some mindless political attack I'm going to call you stupid. People who want to represent this nation and its citizens need to be held to a standard that includes speaking in ways that don't have the potential to stimulate or provoke violence among the masses. The same way I don't want to hear fake-ass gangster rappers screaming about grabbing their gats and pulling their clicks, I don't want to hear my politicians who are supposed to be symbols of a civilized society speaking in analogies about the same damn thing. Even though they doesn't use street slang, people like Palin, Angle, Paladino, Brewer, Bachmann and so many others speak just as gutter as your everyday gang member in the ghetto. And they need to be called out for their bullshit because it pushes all the wrong buttons and entices all of the wrong people. Beyond all of this... if Sarah Palin didn't think what she said didn't have any influence, she and her people wouldn't be scrambling so hard to delete all of the tweets, Facebook posts and images that talk about "reloading".

If you can't put aside your "left vs. right" thinking on this one, then do yourself a favor and refrain from even trying to refute what I say. I'm honestly sick of the bullshit.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Is one side really 'better' than the other when the behavior is the same?
Really? The behavior is the same on both "sides"? When's the last time you saw anyone on the left waving guns around, talking about "taking people out" because they disagree with them politically, putting crosshair images and targets on the faces of their opponents, calling for armed revolution, etc.? Did you see the images I linked here? They're taken from Tea Party rallies, cheered on by Republican Congressmen in D.C., and they're the tip of the iceberg. The pic of the guy with his gun strapped to his leg was taken outside an appearance by the President of the US! Have you ever seen anything like that recorded at a Democratic Party rally?

People who spout these "they're all the same" false equivalencies are completely retarded.

If you can't put aside your "left vs. right" thinking on this one, then do yourself a favor and refrain from even trying to refute what I say. I'm honestly sick of the bullshit.
Plus ten!

Last edited:

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow! How in the hell can anyone sit here and blame this tragedy on any one group or person other than the trigger man himself is beyond me.

Whatever his motive was it was his and his alone. Nobody forced him to do what he did, he's the one who pulled the trigger he is the one to blame.

It's time for everybody to put their big boy pants on and stop blaming everybody else except the guilty person for what they do.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow! How in the hell can anyone sit here and blame this tragedy on any one group or person other than the trigger man himself is beyond me.

Whatever his motive was it was his and his alone. Nobody forced him to do what he did, he's the one who pulled the trigger he is the one to blame.

It's time for everybody to put their big boy pants on and stop blaming everybody else except the guilty person for what they do.

No. Once we find out the gunman's motive, that's when we look into how that motive was formed. There's never a response without a stimulus. Most things, even a tragedy like this, don't happen completely at random.

Last edited:

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think most of us know that Palin and ilk aren't guilty of this crime. They should still know better though, even if you think that their message has absolutely nothing to do with this, they should know better.

They are guilty of using poor political tactics with the type of imagery and rhetoric they are using, but that is my opinion. After all they are taking down their cross hairs and whatnot. They know it is in poor taste, only now would it really cost them on the political stage.

This tragedy highlights how awful tactics like those are. Maybe some people here are just trying to score 'easy points', but most of us adults realize the significance of this socially and politically. Tragic events and deaths can become catalysts for social change. I can only hope the silver lining to this is that it will quash the political fervor in our country. People NEED to come to their senses.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The first thing you do is wipe away all the fingerprints. Get some bleach and the rubber gloves. One of the foot soldiers in the battle took the message a little too literally or was it exactly what they wanted.

hmmm Let's see if I remember Rush Limbag's quote exactly, "These people......they need to be annihilated!" Yep --- no violent rhetoric there!:confused::confused::confused:

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
I think most of us know that Palin and ilk aren't guilty of this crime. They should still know better though, even if you think that their message has absolutely nothing to do with this, they should know better.

They are guilty of using poor political tactics with the type of imagery and rhetoric they are using, but that is my opinion. After all they are taking down their cross hairs and whatnot. They know it is in poor taste, only now would it really cost them on the political stage.

This tragedy highlights how awful tactics like those are. Maybe some people here are just trying to score 'easy points', but most of us adults realize the significance of this socially and politically. Tragic events and deaths can become catalysts for social change. I can only hope the silver lining to this is that it will quash the political fervor in our country. People NEED to come to their senses.

smells more of the likes of Bradley manning. the new face of terrorisim. 22 year old gay progressives

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh my God! You have to be kidding me!

Again, when are we going to hold those responsible for their own actions instead of blaming everything and everybody else? No one twisted this man's arm and made him do what he did. He is to blame!
I'm not kidding.

D

deleted15807

At the recent round-table for the next RNC chairperson the contenders were asked 'How many guns do you own?'

How many guns do you own?

What are all the guns for if not to be used when things don't go your way?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very sad. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers on this Sunday. They have the death penalty out there. I hope they fry this bastard good. This makes my blood boil.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the tea party has nothing to explain. he was a gay progressive and hated her for dising Pelosi and being a blue dog dem. that doesn't exactly fit the Tea Party profile now does it?

Any proof? As if the psycho's political affiliation makes any damn difference...

hypoc8 said:
Again, when are we going to hold those responsible for their own actions instead of blaming everything and everybody else?!

I don't think people are blaming Sarah Palin for the gunman's actions. But people in power like her who engage in thuggish, gutter language about shooting someone need to be called on their ethics. There is a correlation between the two, one that goes much deeper than whether or not the killer was a Democrat or a Republican. IMO, she doesn't deserve to go to prison or to jail for what she said. However, if the GOP has any fiber of decency her career in Politics should be done and over with... and that's just the beginning.

Last edited:

Pierced1953

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Agree that the gunman was responsible and obviously sick to kill so many innocent people. Mine observation of this is that it could be the beginning of a new tread. People have been killing innocent people for no reason, but with all the talk and news going on about our leaders destroying this country, it's not hard for someone who is sick or completely out of touch to pay their attention to the people who enjoyed destroying this country and are on the limelight.

Too bad it won't change anything but costing the people more money for security when Obama gets done.