Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hey all,
I'm toying with the idea of finally making it over down under, probably in late Feb/early March this year. I've never been and would love some hints or suggestions on where I might want to go. I'm self-employed, so I'm thinking of packing along the laptop so I can work from there to stay longer - probably about three weeks. I guess I'd rent a room somewhere urban to set up a home base and then do some side trips around, maybe rent a car for a while and do a bit of a road trip as well.
Here are some things I'd be interested in:
- Meeting and having some fun with sexy uncut guys :)
- Having a fun urban experience (probably setting up an urban home base); I'm open to which city that ends up being
- Seeing some non-touristy, off-the-beaten path locations, sites, destinations, etc.
- Trying some adventurous activities
- Having some time in nature/the desert

I tend to be a creative traveler and like things that are extreme and a bit wild. The less mainstream something is, the more I tend to like it.
Anyway, I'm open to suggestions from any friendly mates who'd like to offer some. I'm also open to making social connections with any sexy guys or M/F couples who might want to hang out in person as well.
Please PM directly to be in touch.

Much gratitude!

vxie

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
hey man, i'm going suggest Melbourne, the best city in Aust by far (but i'm bias cause I'm from melb)...

Also u might want to check out Perth, but its kinda a long way from anywhere else.

Feb/March is a pretty hot time, particularly in Melbourne so expect quite a few days above 40oC

SlamminSammy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Charlotte (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I went Down Under a couple of years ago & loved it! Definitely hit Sydney & its beaches, Melbourne, wine country & you also may as well go over to New Zealand while you're in the area. There isn't much to say or do on the North Island where the capital Auckland is, but if you love the outdoors (especially hiking), there's alot to do on the South Island.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks for the replies so far. I'm seeing several votes for Melbourne.
I have been to NZ, mostly for outdoorsing and almost entirely on the south island. It was awesome, but I'll probably focus my time on Australia this time around to take in as much as I can.
Are there any cities that are reputed as being extremely friendly (or not so friendly)? I'll be traveling on my own, so I'm hoping to be able to meet and interact with the locals as much as possible.
Thanks all!

perthjames

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sydney and Melbourne are both great cities (a phrase you'll never hear from the mouth of someone from Melbourne, as they tend to be quite parochial down there). But as someone who has lived in all states and territories (except Tasmania and Victoria) throughout my life, I'd say all parts of the country have something good to offer.
Queensland - Brisbane is a great city, with lots of Australians moving there. It's friendly and laid back and is often described as a "great big country town". Far North Queensland is worth a visit for the rainforests.
NSW - Sydney is a really multicultural city with an especially large population from Asia and The Pacific which makes it a great place to eat, drink, and meet lots of interesting people.
Victoria - Melbourne is a highly centralised city which means you can stay close to the city and do lots of things without having to travel too far.
Tasmania - Tasmania is such a beautiful state. Everywhere you look there's something scenic.
South Australia - Spectacular landscape, mostly due to the harshness of some of the outback.
Western Australia - Also spectacular landscape, especially up north.
Darwin - Really love Darwin due to its proximity to wilderness areas like kakadu.
The one thing that's really important to appreciate, and a lot of visitors don't, is the vastness of the country. Geographically, Australia is as big as the United States, but with a population of only 22 million. Hope you have a great trip here.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks for the info, James! I just booked my flights today and am stoked to be going. (Feb 23 to March 27). I'll have ample time, so I'd love to get out of Sydney when I can for some side trips and check out some other areas.
I'd still love any suggestions of clothing optional beaches to check out if anybody has any. Thanks! :)

should definitely come to brisbane, check out our gold coast and sunshine coast....if in brisbane drop me a msg.