Conspiracy theory...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by invisibleman, Jun 22, 2008.

1. invisibleman

Gold Member

Do you feel like that the world is a bit too much? I can't help but feel out of it.

It affects my work. And play. I don't really feel very happy in real life. Yeah, I know some feel that "manning up" is a course of action. Sucking it up. Some just say live and love the best way you can the rest of your days. All the good and bad that come your way until you pass on is just gravy.

I can't help but feel that all of this malevolence in the world could be a part of a bigger plan to destroy the economies of the world to make us slaves or something. With the gas going up. With food prices rising as well. People not really getting along.

How do you deal with everything?

2. D_Juan_Grande

D_Juan_Grande Account Disabled

Ditto mate, I feel exactly the same

3. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol....one...and its a biggie. I take 2 antidepressants. I also pray and meditate alot, do yoga, exercise just about every day, try not to watch the national and international news (I keep up with whats going on in the world and the nation, but I read about it online....the internet seems to not put as much of a spin on things? reading it doesn't upset me as much as watching it on the news), and try to keep an overall positive outlook. Also a big believer in karma, so I try my best to put out as much positive energy as I can.....and I pray that some of it returns back to me. oh...I also try to enjoy the small things in life. It can make my day when I see someone do something small for someone else. you know (and I know it seems cliche, but its so true) stop and smell the roses. Go out on a walk and enjoy nature and soak up some sun, smell the flowers, watch the sunset. Enjoy the things that seem so insignificant, but can drastically change your outlook on life.

4. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Knowledge comes with deaths release. Will we never have all of our questions of life answered. Its life and life only.

5. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I ignore as much s i can and keep breathing. If i tried to actually deal with it id go insane

6. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

I felt the same way until I saw your Max Headroom avatar.

Now my life is fine.

7. dongalong

Gold Member

Yes the "elite" are playing games with us, they have all the tools and power to control governments and most of us can't concieve that it could be possible so we let ourselves be manipulated.

I just have a nice cup of tea and try to view reality in terms of the big picture!

8. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

No.

New World Order (conspiracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) refers to a set of conspiracy theories concerning a powerful and secretive group alleged to be plotting to eventually rule the world via an autonomous world government, which would replace sovereign states and other checks and balances in world power struggles. In this theory, many significant occurrences are said to be caused by a powerful secret group or groups. Historical and current events are seen as steps in an on-going plot to rule the world primarily through a combination of political finance, social engineering, mind control, and fear-based propaganda

9. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    black bloc.

10. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
  11. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not a doctor but could be depression.....kinda

As for me, I feel as though the days go by so quickly. I wake up by 8 and before I know it its 4p.m. (the time my family eats).

12. invisibleman

Gold Member

Yeah, I do some of the same things (sans the antidepressants). I try to be upbeat about things. I go on YouTube searching for some good things and humorous things.

I hear you on the karma.

Man, I really pray sometimes... "Pray (hard) like Aretha Franklin"--Green Gartside, Scritti Politti "Wood Beez".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdf1onDkxA

13. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    You have to separate yourself and who you are from your mind and ego. That constant voice that plays in your head is not who you are, it is your ego. I am sure it is analyzing and telling you how you feel, why you feel that way, or is searching for a reason to feel the way you do. It seeks identification with things, and right now it is identifying with feeling like shit and that the world is too big. It is not your Being. Your ego is a separate entity from your Being and is an evil one.

You, and 99.9% of the rest of the world (including me but I am aware now, and trying to move beyond) are in the death grip of the ego, destined to make you suffer your entire life. The feeling you have won't go away by attaining new heights, either in your career, or monetarily. The ego is never satisfied, and if those negatives thoughts and feelings go away it will be short lived; the ego will be back to seek identification with something else. It will be a vicious cycle, and your only way to end it is to look within, and realize that your ego is not you. That voice in your head is not you. When you find yourself reacting or thinking negatively, recognize that it is your ego feeling that way, and not really how you feel.

Awareness is the first step to enlightenment. Remember, you don't have a life, you are life. Be present now.

14. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can't help but to remember this quote from Joseph Campbell during times like these: "We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

There is nothing wrong with planning your life and everyone should make plans and create goals. There is a point, however, when we should step back and recognise that there are things over which we have no control. It might seem a little scary but that's not a bad thing at all. Makes for an eventful ride.

15. invisibleman

Gold Member

I agree. This is some "Matrix" style advice. I like it.

16. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    While I don't believe that there is a conspiracy in any organized sense, I do believe that moder man (and woman) is neurotic because "civilization" has produced stresses we didn't evolve to deal with. Technology has come up with some marvelous advances, but we have no philosophies to correspond with it.

I'm not suggesting we all go crunchy Hippy chick and "get our selves back to the garden", but there has to be a middle ground between the extreme materialism we live with and the life of a Buddhist monk.

17. invisibleman

Gold Member

Soooo true. Sooooo true.

I had so many plans, too. I didn't account for what would happen once I lost all that I had planned or had. (Youth is a fucked up phase. And mine was an optimistic one I put faith in fools.) I had a relationship. I had a job. I didn't expect on losing both so late and in such a fucked up manner. It really left me feeling like the most unloved piece of crap too. I wanted to be happy. I wanted to feel like I had something to show for it.

And now I have a job that I am considering phasing into a questionable economy. And it is a home business, too. A first.

New things are really terrifying. And I really hate EVEN turning on the TV--I listen to Coast-To-Coast AM with George Noory on the radio and I am sooo happy listening anything not real on that show. I like the paranormal topics. UFOs. Ghosts. Poltergeists. Strange Phenomena. Psychics.

#17 invisibleman, Jun 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  18. invisibleman

Gold Member

I like gardening. Life as a monk seems erotic to me. That same sex environment. And abstaining from any sex.

I don't think that I could handle that. I don't understand how Mormons do that on their missions. I think that I would be sleepfucking companions and shit.

19. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Life is what happen while waiting for your plans to kick in, Invisie.

20. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

I, too, don't believe there is an organized conspiracy. I think people are a self-centered species and have limited foresight (as a whole). Because of this, we continue to live as if the world has infinite resources to fuel our own desires for money and power. We're all about supply and demand. As long as people want something, someone else will destroy whatever they have to in order to supply it. Rainforests, wildlife, lakes, oceans, whatever. Hence the oil crisis. Nobody thought about the dangers of running out 50 years ago. Limited foresight. Or they did consider the possibility but instead of researching hybrid cars back then, they focused on gas guzzlers because they were popular and easy to make. Greedy. Meanwhile, you have people wanting limited government controls on everything but they're not responsible enough to control themselves.

Nature has a way of balancing itself. Too many small rodents in the area? Cat population increases to have a feast. Too many cats in the area? Cats begin to die off because of starvation. Too many humans in the area? We force shit and build up, out and over to make room for more. Our own intellects and desire for more will inevitably be what kills us off. Maybe it won't be on Earth. Maybe we'll keep pushing to the edge of the universe and uncover something bad that shouldn't have been uncovered. Maybe we'll keep playing with atoms until someone accidentally creates a black hole, thinking they've discovered a new source of energy. Maybe it'll be a cure for a disease that is ultimately worse than the disease itself.

All you can do is sit back and relax because it's unlikely any of this stuff will occur during your lifetime. Screw future generations. Let those bastards deal with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted