Constant Nausea

Media
I realize this isn't a medical website but there are a lot of people here who've gone through a lot of things...so any possibly life experience could help. I think when I'm either very tired, or feeling weak, or sometimes stressed I become slightly nauseous. I haven't throw up in a few years, not since I had food poisoning. Almost everyday now for the last month or two I'm becoming nauseous as the day progresses. I wake up energized and feeling fine, but by the end of the day I start to feel the back of my throat a little weak, I'm not sure how to describe it.

If I ever stay up a few hours after I should have slept and am really tired, the feeling of nausea increases. If I'm distracted by something or otherwise occupied, I don't really feel anything. Its when I'm sitting in front of a computer not really doing anything, having any bad thoughts (My BF might be moving back to Korea soon so thats one thing thats made me sad). This nausea the last month has never resulted in my throwing up, I've even tried to force myself once and it didn't help. I'm not the healthiest eater in the world, but I stick to water. I've been trying a lot of ginger and digestive teas to help, and I think they do for a short time but its only a mental things. I'm trying them and my mind thinks they're going to help so they do, a placebo I suppose.

I don't know what started this or why, but I really hate the feeling of nausea more than anything else. I'd rather have intense physical pain, constipation, anything that 24/7 nausea. Money is tight right now and I don't have any kind of insurance so I can't really go to a doctor. I don't know what to do.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Try a product called "Bonine", for travel-sickness. I have some inner-ear related nausea as well, triggered by tiredness, travel, eye-strain, etc. If I pop a pill or two at the onset of nausea, it is usually controlled within an hour or two, lasting the day.
I found the "Dramamine" made me too sleepy, but you might try that, too.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sounds like it's probably stress related. Have you talked to your BF about how you feel about his possible departure? It might help.

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just an idea - I get nauseous/weak/queasy/shaky if I've neglected food too long. I eat one meal a day, generally low carb diet, and sometimes find that I need something to kick up the blood sugar a little. Try keeping a box of snack bars around and make yourself eat one when you feel it coming on. Or force yourself to eat half of one and wait 15 minutes if you're really feeling like you're gonna puke.

I'm not talking candy bars like Milky Way, Butterfinger, etc., but some of the meal replacement bars out there. Quaker (the oatmeal people) has a bunch of them.

If your body need carbs (sugars) or protein, water ain't gonna do it fer ya and it doesn't sound like the teas are doing you any good. So try something different. Just my $.02.

Oh yeah, nice dick!

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
You could have mild depression, which causes nausea or tiredness.

I have felt the back of the throat feeling - I experienced that when I was in my early teens whenever I was stressed/angry. It was almost like an alternative for crying, but not quite.

My recommendation is to relax, but keep yourself busy. Take up a hobby that requires some alternative concentration (like a musical instrument or photography), in order to avoid boredom.

I recommend seeing a doctor because nausea is caused by a variety of things general nervousness is a cause often of this

You may have gastroesophageal reflux disease (not sure about spelling) look it up - I don't know too much about it, but the weakness in your Esophagus could be caused by this.

Anywho, see a doctor and they will sort things out for you.

Get well soon!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Sounds like an inner ear thing, Orbitz, perhaps caused by high blood pressure?

Please see your physician as soon as you can.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also notice listening and talking both increase the feeling of nausea a lot, I was on the phone with my BF and had to hang up cause I felt awful. I tried to induce vomiting but just kept gagging, then I felt dizzy and took my blood pressure, it was 195/97 with my heart beating 103 times a minute. Someone kill me ><

Sweetheart ,PLEASE go to the doctor. You could have had a stroke or still might with those symptoms. Your blood pressure is in a dangerous place. We do not want to lose you at such an early age from something that can be prevented . Remember that hypertension can and does kill.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also notice listening and talking both increase the feeling of nausea a lot, I was on the phone with my BF and had to hang up cause I felt awful. I tried to induce vomiting but just kept gagging, then I felt dizzy and took my blood pressure, it was 195/97 with my heart beating 103 times a minute. Someone kill me ><
Dr. Pecker is correct. Dude, that is way too high! You must see a doctor pronto and cut back on your sodium intake while you're at it.:cool:

Sweetheart, PLEASE go to the doctor. You could have had a stroke or still might with those symptoms. Your blood pressure is in a dangerous place. We do not want to lose you at such an early age from something that can be prevented . Remember that hypertension can and does kill.
QFT!

wi_sugargrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Darlin, yes - please see a doc. If you can't afford it (just putting it out there) is there a clinic somewhere in your city that may be able to help?

1 - It definately could be stress related - anxiety? Have you ever had issues with anxiety before? Depression?

2 - I doubt you will have a stroke - my guess is that your increased HR and BP were due to your trying to vomit. And that you had just had an upsetting call with your BF.

3 - You definately could have high blood pressure as the main problem or GERD (fancy term for reflux)

4 - Are you having any other symptoms? HA, shakes, etc? Do you drink enough fluids (I mean water, milk - stuff other than caffeine or alcohol). Because you could be chronically dehydrated. I get dizzy and nauseous when I'm dehydrated - so dizzy that I walk funny.

Anyway, it's best if you go see someone. They will have a better idea after an exam and possibly blood work.

Sugar