Contact lenses

Pauligan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I notice some people think glasses make a man nerdy or unsexy, and, because of that, they won't involve with a man. Other people find glasses sexy, and, because of that, they only involve with men who wear glasses.

Me, I never feel good about sticking things in my eyes, and, I had trouble enough with eyedrops. I like when a man or even a woman has eyeglasses, because, it says, they are comfortable with having something which isn't perfect, they aren't going to try and hide the truth.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I like when a man or even a woman has eyeglasses, because, it says, they are comfortable with having something which isn't perfect, they aren't going to try and hide the truth.

I doubt you can easily determine who's closer to the truth on the basis of whether they wear contacts or glasses.
And remember, there are vision problems that can be corrected well with contacts that you can't correct through eyeglasses ... keratoconus being one example.

Darkriff

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I wore glasses, hated them, then wore contacts, that got boring, I decided later on the just have Lasik, that was the best decision. I didn't do it because I had problems in putting in the contacts, just forgot sometimes, as well as the glasses, I would forget them alot. Nor did I care what people thought of me. Lasik was the best decision I ever made.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wear disposable contact lenses and have had great success with them for over 30 years. I can wear them cycling, in the ocean - just about anywhere. They offer freedom for me that I don't have with glasses. When I remove the contacts at night, I use glasses. Each method of vision correction has its place.

TBSPW

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I was the same way about having a hard time putting things in my eye. I was one of the most difficult cases my eye doc has ever had. You just need to be really patient and determined to get the things in.

Now its no problem for me to put them in and all. And hey, dont worry, the doc gives you a free pair to try, and if you have issues, he can always adjust things around and give you new trials until you get things right

Holistic_Harry

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My niece had laser surgery on her eyes recently. For her it was perhaps a good decision, but it isn't for everyone. They have been doing surgical vision corrections for thirty to forty years now so it is pretty much time tested. But when you look into it they say that if you have the surgery you shouldn't ever play sports again. I suppose that after the surgery the eye isn't as durable as before, although for those who aren't into sports it wouldn't matter. Some forms of vision problems cannot be corrected at all, while others can but they have to use an older method that is more expensive and has a longer recovery period. In addition there have been a sizable number of people who have had the surgery but either found that their vision wasn't improved or that it was worse. It isn't a large percentage, but it is best to be aware of all the risks. Personally I wouldn't go for it because I am into contact sports.

One of my exes worked in an eyeglass shop and gave me contacts, also gave me a thorough instruction on how to put them in. It takes some practice. Initially I lost a few contacts because they weren't put in properly. I use a combination of eye glasses and contact lenses, but mostly I just use the when I am out. At home I don't need them.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've never been that bothered about whether or not someone wears glasses. I've gone out with people who wear glasses, lenses or neither. My other half wears lenses most of the time.I think the mistake a lot of people make with glasses is to choose styles which don't actually suit their faces because they're fashionable or have a designer label.I've only ever worn cosmetic lenses - the type that fluoresce under UV light (great effect, btw) - but I had no problem with putting them in once I got the knack.My optician told me I'd probably need glasses/lenses in the next year or two. However, she's been saying that for three years now and my sight hasn't deteriorated enough to merit them yet. When the time comes, I'll probably go for glasses at least to begin with as I'll only need them for work.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm just as comfortable wearing glasses as I am contact lenses. It's important to find frames that suit you and are comfortable. I prefer contact lenses because it is a better correction and I find them much easier for an active life style.

AlphaSpartan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guarantee you you could get anyone you want with inch-thick 50's glasses if you have the right presentation and attitude. Looks only mean everything if you don't present your personality.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't mind either really and wear both. The contact lenses I wear are the most comfortable you can get. They are extended wear which you leave in day and night and only change once a week.

One of my very best long standing friends wears glasses like re-entry shields and you couldn't meet a nicer kinder person. Looks don't count.

sessho420

Experimental Member
Media
no contacts are the shit im scared of lasik but i do wear glasses if i dont have the money for or feall like wearing them

ps on the side note though they suck putn em in or takn em out sometimes take em out w/ jizz all over my hands if im lazzy XD

kit_kat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wear both glasses and contact lenses, but I prefer contact lenses. When I wear contact lenses people can see my eyes and I like that both in terms of communicating with people and looking good - I love my eyes and I want people to see them. When I wear glasses the refraction causes distortion and my eyes to look tiny and far away, there is a break between the area you see through the glasses and the rest of my face because of the prescription so the part you see through the glasses looks tiny and distant even though I have the thinned out, non-reflective ones. When I look into someone's eyes with my glasses on they usually don't look back directly into mine for more than about a second and I can tell that they are having a tough time focussing through the distortion of the glasses. As for guys with glasses, if I can see their eyes then it's fine, but when there is a lot of distortion from the glasses and I have never seen their eyes before then I don't easily think of them in a romantic way, I imagine the same might happen for people looking at me with my glasses on.

I would have liked to get lasik and went on a few consults and they told me that they would have to shave off so much of the cornea that it was very risky and they would definitely not be able to fine tune or re-correct anything particularly in the left eye after the first surgery because there would be so little tissue left. I use the contact lenses where theoretically you should be able to keep them in for 30 days without removing them, I take them out daily anyway, but I find them much more comfortable than the daily wear ones and in case I have to keep them in for several days it's still fine, to me that's the next best thing to successful lasik. The only problem is that I am always scared of my contact lenses falling out when I am swimming, so I take swimming goggles to the beach, bikini and swimming goggles is not a hot look.

Last edited: