Contacting HP - HOW To Complain!?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay. Fourth call out today. The subcontract engineers still can't fit it. They've changed everything. They want to come back on Monday with different parts. :mad: That will be fifth call out.

I got a case number from the engineer and left a telling email in some sort of complaints thing online. It had messages from the engineers and validation dept. Will HP see that?

Or is there something else? The engineer said to email them so I have a record of it since people have complained on the phone before and been told 'I didn't speak to you, so there'...

Is there an email address? Or is an online 'support case' the only way? Ta

PS the engineers and one guy at their head office have said we should get a replacement. But other guys at the head office said to come on Monday.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HP tends to insulate themselves from angry complaints through this method. I have found their customer service and IBM's truly lacking. Dell is quite the opposite. They get high marks for speedy service and properly diagnosing and solving the issue quickly and in the same day.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The best way to complain is to write a letter and address it to the CEO of the company. It may be sent to customer service but some companies will have their assistant respond to you. If you send an e-mail it may be considered like a phone call, but if they have a hard copy of a letter it has more impact.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Meh. Seems like they don't want you to contact them!

There are messages on the 'case file' from HP saying 'POP (proof of purchase) authorised etc so I expect someone from HP does read it.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Write a letter stating what happened to make you call them in the first place, then the history of what happened, then what action you require, finally giving them a reasonable deadline by which you want repair or replacement, send it recorded delivery.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Or is there something else? The engineer said to email them so I have a record of it since people have complained on the phone before and been told 'I didn't speak to you, so there'...

Reps are supposed to document the details of every call they field, but as you've found out that doesn't alway happen. Sadly, the state of affairs with many customer service departments has sunk to a point where you must proactively plan for such bullshit.

One solution is simple: begin any call to a company's CS hotline by asking for the name and last initial of the rep who answers your call. Then write that down, along with the date and time of the call.

This accomplishes two things: first, you have a paper trail of your own and can see at a glance how many times you've had to call. Second, it alerts the rep immediately that you're on your game and he'd best be logging your call.

That said, four service calls without an affirmative diagnosis and repair is utterly unacceptable. At this point, I'd be on the phone with customer relations getting a refund.