Contraception-(the NuvaRing) has anybody used it

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by D_Clumbert Cocksicle, Oct 18, 2007.

1. D_Clumbert Cocksicle

I was just wondering if any of the ladies at lpsg have used or are currently using the ring as a contraceptive method. My girlfriend and I are planning to use it in the weeks to come and I was wondering if i could get some feedback on it (experiences, reliability etc). We been relying on condoms for over 1 year now and want to try having sex without it. Is it recommendable?

2. nay-nay

nay-nay New Member

i dont use it, but i have a couple of friends that use it and they really like it. i was thinking about getting it as well, so i did a little bit of research a while back and i hadn't read any complaints about it. :smile:

3. Principessa

Gold Member

I've never used it before but I googled it and found that most women don't like the side effects.

Check out this site. It received an average rating of 2.6 out of 5 with 5 being the highest possible score.

Some side effects noted of the 118 who posted on the site mentioned below: weight gain, swollen/tender breasts, severe depression, moodiness, abdominal cramps, extreme vaginal dryness, bacterial infections, mood swings, depression, weight gain, breast enlargement, very bad UTI infections, low patience, no sex drive,uncomfortable burning sensations after sex,increased lubrication,Nausea, Cramps, Bloating, Headaches, Vaginal Discharge, Uncomfortable Sensitivity Of Vagina + Vulva, Occasionally Burning Feeling Around Vagina, Increased Urge To Urinate,</STRONG> migraines</STRONG>

4. markw

markw New Member

Albums:
    Sounds like business as usual for most chicks!

5. snoozan

Gold Member

classy.

Draft saved Draft deleted