contributory posts?

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I've just copied the below by Rob e from a thread about getting Gold membership for posting a 1,000 posts, I was going to ask him what he meant by "non-contributing posts" but instead I thought I would ask you what you think constitutes a contributory post and he can see if it matches his. I may post my ideas later if necessary

I have updated the first post to disallow non-contributing posts. If it seems that you are trying to cheat the system, then your account will be disabled.

The point of this promotion is to reward those who contribute most. I would love to incorporate the post count with, say, reputation, but that metric was voted out. It is not a perfect system, as some make more contributions with a single post than others. However, I do believe it is the right thing to do at this time.

There is no time limit on this, but it may be removed at any time without warning. Namely, if everyone stops contributing financially, I will have to discontinue the promotion - along with the verification membership.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It means posts that are just intended to get your post count higher so you can get to 1000. Such as just answering a post with ":biggrin1:" or posting in the count to 25,000 thread.

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Excellent Example:

I have been known to respond in a thread with I concur, agreed, or QFT. It is possible that these one and two word answers may be considered as non-contributing.

Any post may be concerned non conributory by someone, what I was looking for is an opinion as to what you consider to be non-contributory

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What about those of us that just like to respond or start new threads.And what if we hit 1000 way before Rob said free gold for those that hit 1000.Does that make us "bad"?I like to have fun here.Seems some people come here just to be hostile and fight.Which one is worse in your eyes?

Media
What about those of us that just like to respond or start new threads.And what if we hit 1000 way before Rob said free gold for those that hit 1000.Does that make us "bad"?I like to have fun here.Seems some people come here just to be hostile and fight.Which one is worse in your eyes?

I come here for the fun as well. I try to contribute something other than one or two word responses, sometimes it just doesn't work out that way! lol

As for the fighting that goes on, for me it just drags on the nerves and the whole thing just loses any importance at all. I submitted the photo verification because like many others, I am selective about what I read and contribute to so my post counts are not as high. I leave the more complicated stuff to those who can do it justice.

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
I think having fun in the funny stuff section contributes to the funny stuff board, but at the same time makes those who take part in it look more like post-whores.

Sometimes I'd rather mess around and kill the thread that will never die over participating in complex, serious arguments about abortion/incest etc.

I think a post that doesn't contribute is one that can only lead to arguments.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think having fun in the funny stuff section contributes to the funny stuff board, but at the same time makes those who take part in it look more like post-whores.

Sometimes I'd rather mess around and kill the thread that will never die over participating in complex, serious arguments about abortion/incest etc.

Thats one smart cow.:smile:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Damn Cow always shitting :eek: on all the "good" threads :biggrin1: