Conversing at Urinal?

gq4real

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yesterday I met up with my buddy at the gym, as usual, and we went to the locker room to change. After changing I said I needed to piss and he followed stating he needed to go as well. I was under the impression that at the urinal you cease all conversation, piss, wash your hands, and then resume conversation. No, he continued with our conversation and even decided to take a couple of stares down at my package. I was a little shocked and kind of embarrassed. I have been taunted for standing back "kind of far" from the urinal, but I would prefer for the urine not to splash back on me. So, we finished pissing and went to lift some weights, yesterday was upper-body. While working out I mentioned how my muscles were getting hard, and he stated "damn, surely that thing cannot get any bigger" and laughed. Out of reaction I said "I was talking about my arms" and he laughed and said "Yeah, and I am talking about your third arm, the one that looks like a baby's arm". I just went to get a drink of water, I was so embarrassed, but I got over it.

Maybe it was my up-bringing or culture, but I was under the impression that individuals did not talk at the urinal? In addition, he end of telling me his girlfriend, she and I were in the same graduate program, told him that I have a nice package becuase she can see by bulge sometimes when I wear flatfront pants. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you think he is bi?

Reactions: maroon1040
M

Mr Ed in Mass

I think that he feft like talking while pissing.Most guys at work just continue the conversation and once in awhile,they make a joke about my size.Get over it.

Reactions: meningreentights

Long&Thick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My buddy and I talk at the urinals all the time, sometimes he goes in the far left stall, there is one between us, normally with a guy in it. We always start yellin that he missed and its getting on our shoes and yadda yadda. Most times kids start to laugh then there are the mature ones who just walk away..party poopers.

BuFFnStuFF510

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't worry about the bathroom conversations....you should have nothing to be embarrassed about. The first time a buddy of mine got a glimpse of my package at the stall he said, "now that's a burrito!" I found that funny....anyhoo...don't trip on it.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe it was my up-bringing or culture, but I was under the impression that individuals did not talk at the urinal? Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you think he is bi?
Chill out,people talk all the time here.At music festival toilets I've had conversations with women while I've been at the urinal. :smile:

Reactions: Countryguy63

gq4real

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hahahaha...thanks guys for the info. I think I am TOO conservative at times. Maybe I should let loose a bit.

Hey long&thick, I am in Cincinnati as well! So, the next time I am at the urinal and I see you and your buddy enter the bathroom I will prepare myself for an amusing time....hahahaha. I just may join in on the joke to get a laugh myself.

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't like to converse at the urinal. I certainly don't start a conversation. If someone else starts it, I'll speak but I'm likely to be a little monosyballic until I've turned away from the urinal and started washign my hands etc.

Oh yeah. WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS GUYS! EEEEEW! Sorry, pet peeve.

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a general rule, when sober I don't talk - Mainly just 'cos I'm a man and pissing and talking at the same time is too much for me, I'd probably end up pissing on my shoes.

Once I've had a few pints then I'll chat to absolutely anyone. I would NEVER look down at his package though (maybe out of the corner of my eye just a little, purely for research though) :smile:

Duane.Ament

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that the unwritten rule that men cannot talk in restrooms is stupid...and I do not abide by it.

If I walk into a bathroom and am talking with a buddy, I keep the conversation going.

The only time I think it's kinda weird is when I need to take a crap and therefore walk into a stall and shut the door. That gets a bit stranger, I guess 'cuz I can no longer see the person...or something...

ItaloMuscleBi26

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i don't see what the big deal is. I have conversed with several co-workers at the urinal, we sometimes walk together to the coffe maker and then continue to the bathroom and just carry on the conversation. I guess it might be a bit weir for some uptight dudes when two men in business suits stand next to each other unzipped with their dicks in full sight and carrying on a conversation, well i think it's cool and masculine.

once had a business meeting and we left for a bathroom break and we were 5 guys lined up pissing continuiung the conversation, no big deal at all.

bstexas

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I talk at the urinal with coworkers if we walk in together and even if we don't. Sometimes a guy is leaving and we make a joke outta the fact that we seem to be going at almost the same times all the time. Other times a guy will be at the urinal and I walk in and we chat. It's no big deal.

Some guys are pee shy and maybe talking to them makes them feel like what they're doing is normal instead of just being two guys standing there staring at the wall, all quiet and trying to get some piss out. You can hear a pin drop and the other guy's heart beating thunkthunk, thunkthunk, thunkthunk ... lol

I read The International Center for Bathroom Etiquette and they basically say NO TALKING during pissing. What a load of crap. It must have been written by some seriously uptight people.

As for having your cock stared at and commented on ... well, most urinals I use have dividers. And even the ones that don't (like at sports venues) I don't generally look to see what's hanging on the guy next to me. If it were a buddy then maybe we'd check and make a joke (just like gq4real's friend did), but it's nothing to get upset about or make one decide to use the stall. Hey, if u have a big one and someone comments, just go with it or laugh it off. Maybe ur bud really was impressed by the size. So? Isn't that one of the main reasons guys and gals are on here? Cause they're impressed?

I say take a chill pill and piss as far back from the urinal you want and if anyone says something about ur unit, just give it a shrug.

Have a good one guys!

Last edited:

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't mind people talking at urinals. I've had quite a few conversations there drunk and sober. What does bug me though is people making and taking calls.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For me its back to the attitude of the ages- ie if I have been chatted with it usually by older men, the younger guys DO seem more...uptight.

I do always raise an eyebrow tho if a guy immediately take the urinal next to mine and there are more than 2....the unwritten 'one space rule'....

I have noticed if there is goign to be talk its usually WITH partitions, the 'troughs' less so (unless there is a lot of drinking involved then...who knows...)

kilteddong

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you think he is bi?

I think you should be flattered and maybe next time he brings your cock up in conversation ask if either of he or his girlfriend would like to check it out closer. Maybe they'll worship it a bit for you.

Everyone always talks to me at th urinals but it's usually a chuckle, then they'll mention that they always wondered how a guy in a kilt dealt with having to have a pee.