Conversion Rapes.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scot22, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Scot22

Scot22 New Member

Heard on the BBC News this morning that gangs of religious men are using this technique across South Africa in order to "cure" the women of their Lesbianism.
    As SA is the Rainbow Nation,and most progressive country in Africa,I am totally shocked at this Fascist practice.
    Whatever is the rest of Africa doing to their people who are 'different'?

2. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Africa is a hotbed for that activity.

They also have a designated man to cure women of their bad luck if they have not married.

Another practice is this notion that if you have AIDS; having sex with a virgin will cure you of it or prevent you from getting AIDS...and they go for very young children to up their chances of getting a virgin...

horrific stuff.

3. Scot22

Scot22 New Member

Thanks for that info.
    On the same news programme the resident BBC correspondent said that homophobic attacks and killings are sweeping Africa(the BBC does not normally make sweeping statements like this), and stronger anti-gay legislation is going through in Uganda,Kenya,and Malawi to name but a few.

I had planned a holiday in the Gambia for the autumn,but I'll now give Africa a miss.

4. B_quietguy

B_quietguy New Member

What horrific assholes! Do those asstards think that horrific violence will make a woman want sex with a man?

As for South Africa, just because some of them are progressive-minded law-abiding citizens doesn't mean the country doesn't have stupid backwards attitudes among others. Just like a few other countries. Consider the tea-baggers here in the USA. They don't represent my views, but they certainly share citizenship with me.

5. Flashy

Gold Member

i do not think you want to know what is going on in some of the more volatile regions, unfortunately...child trafficking, endemic rape, too horrible.

:frown1:

6. B_Mister Buildington

What can I say? Worked on my girlfriend.

7. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

I would suggest that gays try this on outwardly homophobic Republicans as a means to hasten political progress, but we already know that the Reps would enjoy it, thus defeating the purpose.

8. Flashy

Gold Member

i am just curious...what exactly is the point, of making ridiculous political fights in a topic that does not involve US politics at all?

I think it is rather disturbing, that as intolerant as republicans are, you would even suggest "conversion rape" as something remotely amusing...then stating that they would actually enjoy being raped.

there are enough right wing lunatics out there. Doesn't mean you have to be a left wing one lunatic too.

jesus...aren't there *ENOUGH* i hate republican/i hate democrat threads here?

9. invisibleman

Gold Member

Are there women's rights in Africa? I doubt it. It seems that some African men feel that women are theirs to do what they want. One day, they will piss off so many African women that they are gonna get vigilante on men in retaliation. Women aren't gonna take it anymore.

10. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Thanks for the concern trolling.

Need a tissue to wipe away the tears there sport?

11. Flashy

Gold Member

no, i don't...

Do you need an ethics lesson about making light of someone enjoying rape?

rape jokes are always classy and amusing.

12. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^They are when the joke involves Republicans who pass legislation against sex offenders, and then turn out to be one themselves.

13. conor

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have been to South Africa more than 20 times (my Mother was South-African), and I have travelled in Tanzania, Kenya, the Gambia, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco - it is a WONDERFUL continent! South Africa and its people are especially dear to me - probably because of my Mom; it is an incredible country, and I will probably retire there eventually. As in any country - stupid people will always exist, but do not let a small minority tarnish a whole country with the same brush. Go to Africa for your holiday - you'll love it:smile:

14. B_Jingoist

B_Jingoist New Member

I find it disturbing that you are intolerant of Republicans. Especially putting them all into one group and making a statement. BTW, as shown on South Park, Tolerance and acceptance are two different things.

15. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

Have you considered that sites such as LPSG are not the place to find high level moral commentary?

16. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Have you noticed that a) The post you are responding to is 15 months old and b) Flashy hasn't posted anything for over one year? I doubt he is going to return either.

Also, @ Jingoist. You completely misinterpreted the post you responded to. By about 180 degrees.

Draft saved Draft deleted