Convert?

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by Pecker, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Abe and his friend Sol are out for a walk together in a part of town they haven't been in before. Passing a Christian church, they notice a curious sign in front that says "$1,000 to anyone who will convert."

"I wonder what that's about," says Abe. "I think I'll go in and have a look. I'll be back in a minute; just wait for me."

Sol sits on the sidewalk bench and waits patiently for nearly half an hour. Finally, Abe reappears.

"Well," asks Sol, "what are they up to? Who are they trying to convert? Why do they care? Did you get the $1,000?"

Indignantly Abe replies, "Money. That's all you people care about."

2. BlackCock85

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ha Ha Ha......I don't get it :confused:

3. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Ya see, ole Abe done got himself converted, so now he uses tha high'n'mightee down-hissum-nose tone to ole Sol. It's a pointed ree-mark 'bout the irony of gettin' hissumself converted for a whole heap o' greenbacks, and then a-scornin' the suggestion of doin' sich a thing for love of money, now that's he's a convert. Perhaps not one of ole Peck's finest gags, iffum I may be so bold. :rolleyes:

*goes off for surgical removal of dubious accent induced by the names Abe and Sol* :eek:

4. BlackCock85

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the breakdown Mr. 8 :smile:

5. dreamer20

Gold Member

My interpretation of the joke is that "you people" = Jewish people. Am I correct Pecker?

6. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

since the principle characters in the story are named, abe & sol,it's unikely they were chinese.

Draft saved Draft deleted