"Cool mom" gets 30 years for sex parties

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr. Dilznick, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Woman gave high school boys drugs, booze at weekly parties

Tuesday, November 15, 2005; Posted: 8:39 a.m. EST (13:39 GMT)

[​IMG]

Silvia Johnson, left, was sentenced to 30 years in prison for throwing sex parties for high school boys.

GOLDEN, Colorado (AP) -- A woman who authorities said had sex with high school boys during alcohol- and drug-fueled parties has been sentenced to 30 years in prison, officials said.

Silvia Johnson, 41, described herself to investigators as a "cool mom" who "was never popular with classmates in high school" and who was beginning to feel like one of the group.

She pleaded guilty in July to two misdemeanor counts of sexual assault and nine felony counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

She also was sentenced for additional charges of third-degree assault, violation of a restraining order and harassment for unrelated cases involving her husband and children, prosecution spokesman Carl Blesch said.

Authorities said Johnson held parties for the boys almost weekly between October 2003 and October 2004. They said Johnson provided drugs and alcohol to eight boys and had sex with five of them.

Johnson was to be sentenced on September 26, but the hearing was postponed after she was injured the day before while riding in an SUV that veered off an interstate.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/11/15/sexparty.mom.ap/index.html

loving it all likes this.
  2. B_HappyHammer1977

B_HappyHammer1977 New Member

Why wasn't I invited to these parties when I was a kid?!

3. B_cricketsliar

B_cricketsliar New Member

The need to put her under the fucking jail.

4. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    well, i'm glad i don't live in colorado...

5. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Do you frown on consensual sex with children? If so, CricketsLiar, you've soured my day.

6. Dr Rock

Gold Member

high school students are hardly "children" by any stretch of the imagination.

7. naughty

Gold Member

Wow,

That is really sick. It is fascinating that so many more women are making these types of irresponsible choices with young men. IT gives one major pause...

Naughty

8. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Until they've reached the age of 18, at least here in the states there, Dr Rock, the law still recognizes them as minors, and is still a felony to provide to them anything dangerous and/or harmful.

9. Dr Rock

Gold Member

yeah yeah we all know what the law says. the issue isn't about whether it was illegal but whether it was immoral.

10. curiouscat9

curiouscat9 New Member

Hey! Your talking about my neck of the woods mister. We are not all bumbling, red-neck idiots ready to whip out our NRA card and spit tobacky on your new Keds, while buying beer and providing narcotics to minors. Oh - and in this case letting an under-aged, inexperienced driver behind the wheel of a SUV after being already in trouble with the law.

Stupidity is universal, not just in Colorful Colorado.

Besides Dr. Rock, I was hoping you'd come visit me someday and we could get drunk while spewing acidically sarcastic observations about the topics of the day. (I was planning to check your ID first though:) )

11. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

In a court of law, legality is the issue; her morality is not on trial.

If by children you mean minors, there's no such thing. Until the age of consent is is reached by both parties, sex cannot be considered consensual. That is a legal term: a minor cannot give consent. The age of sexual consent in Colorado is seventeen.

12. GoneA

Gold Member

Well isn't that dandy.

Also, she didn't "fit-in" in high school, maybe she'll "fit-in" with the prison ladies.

She'll be fine ... just fine.

13. Dorset

Dorset New Member

Albums:
    I don't know what exactly the law says in the US but I know in the UK the level the crime does change depending on how young the child is

If you have sex with a minor under 13 it is automatically considered non-consensual and classed as statetory rape. However from 13 and above a child is considered to be capable of making these choices and therefore sex with them is the lesser offence of 'sex with a minor'. Sex with a minor normally comes with a sentence of around 6 months

30 years in prison for shagging a few 15 year olds is a bit crazy, you wouldn't even get that for murder over here

loving it all likes this.
  14. Love-it

Gold Member

Everyone is focusing on the issue of sex with a minor while forgetting that she provided minors with alcohol and illegal drugs. Everything she did was reprehensible as well as illegal.

15. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Nah, it adds up, if by a few, you mean three, then that adds up to 10 yrs per 15 yr old.

16. Dr Rock

Gold Member

no, i mean i'm glad i don't live in colorado because i enjoy booze, drugs and sex with teenagers fairly regularly, and i'd be pretty pissed if someone tried to put me away for 30 years on that basis.

the trial is over, though. if we wanted to debate the legal issues we could've asked for seats in the courtroom. I'm just pointing out that the sentence is dumb.

17. B_cricketsliar

B_cricketsliar New Member

If a man had slept with multiple girls who were under the age of consent he would have gotten a sentence equal to or exceeding what this lady got. Sorry to say, the punishment fits the crime.

Also, don't the parents on this board find what this woman did especially reprehensible?

18. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

he would have been taken out back and shot b4 the trial.

19. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

So who'd want to go easy on the poor dumb bastard?

20. Shelby

Gold Member

Some who come here like to talk about 'the man' having all the power and control.

When a thread like this pops up they become suddenly mute, or hem and haw with abstract rationalizations as to why the judicial discrepancies.

Draft saved Draft deleted