Copying video files from Xtube

Paul G

Cherished Member
Media
If you allow the movies to finish playing they will be stored in your temporary internet files area. You can copy them out of there and keep them. You will need a player to play them on however. I use Riva FLV player (google it).

If you download a program called Super (again google it) you can convert them to a different format such as Mpeg or WMV for example.

Best of luck.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On a mac......go to the firefox add-ons.....they have an extension that lets you download vids from youtube,xtube, etc.....once you download the extension a small icon will appear in the bottom right hand corner of your browser....when the video has finished loading..click the icon and a window will open that will allow you to download the link...it will appear on your dektop as a file called get-video....rename it to anything.flv....go to:
[SIZE=-1]www.wimpyplayer.com/products/wimpy_standalone_flv_player.html
and download this flv player.......launch the player..a box will appear with what looks like a folder in it....drag and drop your newly named file and BINGO...it will start playing for you.......complicated, but theyve created sites like youtube and xtube so you can't save the vids......
[/SIZE]

marcxaurel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
after i saved the the .swf file, i could not find the movie in my temporary internet files. what's wrong?

If you allow the movies to finish playing they will be stored in your temporary internet files area. You can copy them out of there and keep them. You will need a player to play them on however. I use Riva FLV player (google it).

If you download a program called Super (again google it) you can convert them to a different format such as Mpeg or WMV for example.

Best of luck.

Jimbo

Experimental Member
Media
Lake Los Angeles (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
All the files are already downloaded in order for you to view them on your computer. but they get stored in the area on your hard drive reserved by the brower as a "workspace".

an easy way to find the files is to use Internet Explorer to view the file(s). then go to the top where the drop down menu lists appear and select "Tools", "Internet Options". then select the General tab. Go to Browsing History, click Settings, then select "VIew Files". You can sort by size (the video files are usually the largest) or type.

The file names will be an alphameric string name, so you may not be able to spot the vid you want, but you can right click and select "open" and then copy and paste the files you want to a new location. I usually just copy a bunch of them to a special folder first, then open them that way since it saves time. then i rename them something that is meaningful to me.