Corey Haim found dead

Coke, heroin, amphetimines, Xanax, painkillers, Ritalin, sleeping pills, and booze...and usually a combination of the above. That is whats going on lately.
I think people in general aren't getting the message that abuse of drugs (prescription or otherwise) is too much for a lot of people to handle.

I'm not sure there's enough awareness that messing with substances that alter state of mind can leave you with unexpected mental side-effects, changed perception sometimes and moved mental goalposts that can be almost impossible to deal with.

Not putting this very well, but anyway...maybe I'm just in a doom-laden mood, lol. :p

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I think people in general aren't getting the message that abuse of drugs (prescription or otherwise) is too much for a lot of people to handle.

I'm not sure there's enough awareness that messing with substances that alter state of mind can leave you with unexpected mental side-effects, changed perception sometimes and moved mental goalposts that can be almost impossible to deal with.

Not putting this very well, but anyway...maybe I'm just in a doom-laden mood, lol. :p
I disagree. It is publicised. People just think, "it will never happen to me"

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I've thought about this for the better part of the day. I think at a certain point he actually made the decision that he wanted to die. It will be difficult to convince me that someone will go through all of this (from what I've read about his thoughts on his rehab and the condition of his life) and still abuse themselves if they want to live.
I'm no less sorry for the loss of his life, however I think he had a plan no matter how misguided.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I truly think it is because Haim was publicly known for his drug use for over two decades. Everyone could tell he was on a self-destructive path as Corey Feldman was at one point. Feldman chose to leave it all behind. Haim stayed with it.

I don't know if there is a good answer for this since I have a uncle who was on that path and was on the verge to self-destruct any moment. He turned to drinking, which damaged his throat and liver.....causing a lot of weight loss. He even stole his ex-wife's jewelry and other heirlooms, causing a lot of problems as well. He was near death until my parents took him in.

It is very hard for me to describe this, but we had to dish all alcoholic drinks away and had to make sure that he stayed sober for good. He had to go these meetings or we used psychology on him. Did you know how long it took him to not touch a drink......a year. It was exhausting. My parents were not physically fit to watch over since he is the youngest, so I had to make sure he did go to meetings and see that he was on the right path.

And this might be controversial for me to say, but I truly believe the person himself/herself has to be saved, but not by anyone. He/she has to be strong enough to know it was wrong and such. He/She has to make the choices, not family members or rehab workers. These addicted people(be it Hollywood or elsewhere) have to see their own mistakes and say, "That was shitty of me. I should have known better."

And it is very hard. Many will turn a death ear and not listen to you saying what they are doing is wrong. These addicted individuals won't believe it all. They have escapism and such. It is very sad and scary.....it is a path that is chosed by them and not by us.

To make matters worse, my uncle was surrounded by a lot of enabling neighbors that stole money from him and he was blind enough to spend it foolishly. Gambling, etc.

It is very bizarre and quite dangerous.....but if the individuals can look deeper at their mistakes, then maybe they can make a difference and tell their story.

It is not the best answer I have to offer, but that's the way I see it.

As for the moment now, my uncle is sober and has gained over 250 pounds. Finding a stable job he enjoys and making a lot of good influential friends in the process. No longer is the one that is drinking. Now, I see a very healthy man on the verge on doing something right. We almost lost him for such a long time.

Last edited:

They probably teach you more about it now than they did when I was at skool. *medieaval times* :wink:

He kind of reminds me of an American Gazza. Funny but self-destructive. :(

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Corey Feildmen is a well spoken and caring person. His comments made me cry.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
With his mother battling cancer now, I believe his sister will now take of the role as caretaker to his mother. Such a shame. I don't know which is worse. Cancer or drugs. I say, both are terrible diseases. Either way, it is a shame.

As for that hair string, I always thought rat tails go in the back. Not in the front or is he trying to be MJ all of a sudden? The hair is fine until that piece of string ruins it.

Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was an excellent and moving interview. I just had a hard time staying focused because I kept asking myself. What the hell was he thinking with that hair?
Right, there was even a breakaway in the interview which showed him with the same string of hair hanging down, I don't get it but that's Corey. Looks like he's staying on the wagon anyway.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Corey Haim died of pneumonia complications - Celebrities

Actor Corey Haim died from pneumonia complicated by an enlarged heart, bad lungs and narrowed blood vessels, while drugs found in his system played no role in his death, the Los Angeles County coroner said Tuesday.

Drugs played no role in the death, but he had lots of drugs in his system. Is there an epidemic of pneumonia going on in Hollywood?