Coronavirus Covid-19

Shrume

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't love masks. I just don't understand why in the actual fuck this country is so stupid that we make something this small such a big goddamn deal.
Well look at it this way. You’re winning. Most people wear masks. Even in my red neck Arkansas everybody wears masks. Everywhere.

Shrume

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't love masks. I just don't understand why in the actual fuck this country is so stupid that we make something this small such a big goddamn deal.
Well look at it this way. You’re winning. Most people wear masks. Even in my red neck Arkansas everybody wears masks. Everywhere.
But. Arkansas believe it or not is the most liberal, progressive southern red neck state. We have dispensaries everywhere!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Soooo if recent numbers indicated that you were more likely to die in a car crash than covid related illness, you'd all advocate selling off your vehicles & walking everywhere?
Just wondering...

Wanna play flawed analogy?

K.

1. You must have a license and insurance to drive a car.

2. There are numerous safety measures and equipment to operate a vehicle legally in the united states. Airbags, safety belts, child seats, anti-lock brakes, signal lights and emission reduction standards

3. There are rules of the road, rules enforced by authorities, such as speed limits, specific use roadways, passing/no passing, no tailgating, no handheld while driving, no drinking and driving.

4. If you kill someone by means of vehicular negligence you will go to jail.

Now Covid-19. Going out without a mask and flouting social distancing guidelines is the equivalent of drunk driving in a school zone on the wrong side of the street, while texting ya friend and not wearing a seatbelt.

Your are showing a serious disregard for the health and well being of the general public.

Is it okay to piss in a random hallway in public spaces?

Is it okay to drop a deuce in the street?

No. Because society has collectively agreed that for public health and hygiene that both acts are unacceptable in the modern world.

Masks and social distancing should fall under the same umbrella of functioning society. We must all agree to act in the best interest of the herd. We must take preventative measures to reduce virus transmission.

If you are so lacking as a person to not want to prevent unnecessary illness, possible lifelong and disabling aftereffects or even death... maybe self preservation will sway you. At a 9% infection rate America's medical system and supply chain slipped a gear. At 16% infection we are already seeing inflation and disruption of services, hospitals are turning away emergency vehicles and PPE is scarce. What in the hell do you think will happen at 30% infection when about 20% of those people need hospitalization?

What happens when 30% of our work force, everything from retail workers to the people who keep the intorwebz running are home sick or quarantined?

It's frightening how little forethought people give to the things that really matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
And all the people who "aren't afraid of the virus" and want to just act like it's not a significant health issue for everyone...

Even if you don't catch it, what happens if you have another significant health issue happen and your local hospitals and other healthcare facilities are over-capacity and can't help you because they're dealing with covid patients?

Pretending we don't all have to do our part hurts all of us collectively, even YOU.

Shrume

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wanna play flawed analogy?

K.

1. You must have a license and insurance to drive a car.

2. There are numerous safety measures and equipment to operate a vehicle legally in the united states. Airbags, safety belts, child seats, anti-lock brakes, signal lights and emission reduction standards

3. There are rules of the road, rules enforced by authorities, such as speed limits, specific use roadways, passing/no passing, no tailgating, no handheld while driving, no drinking and driving.

4. If you kill someone by means of vehicular negligence you will go to jail.

Now Covid-19. Going out without a mask and flouting social distancing guidelines is the equivalent of drunk driving in a school zone on the wrong side of the street, while texting ya friend and not wearing a seatbelt.

Your are showing a serious disregard for the health and well being of the general public. You are being a fucking asshole.

Is it okay to piss in a random hallway in public spaces?

Is it okay to drop a deuce in the street?

No. Because society has collectively agreed that for public health and hygiene that both acts are unacceptable in the modern world.

Masks and social distancing should fall under the same umbrella of functioning society. We must all agree to act in the best interest of the herd. We must take preventative measures to reduce virus transmission.

If you are so lacking as a person to not want to prevent unnecessary illness, possible lifelong and disabling aftereffects or even death... maybe self preservation will sway you. At a 9% infection rate America's medical system and supply chain slipped a gear. At 16% infection we are already seeing inflation and disruption of services, hospitals are turning away emergency vehicles and PPE is scarce. What in the hell do you think will happen at 30% infection when about 20% of those people need hospitalization?

What happens when 30% of our work force, everything from retail workers to the people who keep the intorwebz running are home sick or quarantined?

It's frightening how little forethought people give to the things that really matter.
You still think PPE is scarce? Everybody and their momma has multiple masks. But yet the hospitals don’t? Think!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
You still think PPE is scarce? Everybody and their momma has multiple masks. But yet the hospitals don’t? Think!

Stop screaming at yourself... You're the only one listening to your tinfoil crack-ass nonsense.

Reactions: g0nz0 and MickeyLee

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
How can you say I’ve chugged the Kool Aid? Do you know what that saying means? I’m an outlier. Again, you’ve won. Everybody is wearing masks.

I wouldn't use the phrase if I didn't know what I meant, dude. : unamused:

It's not about winning, it's about public health, for fucks sake

Media
92a3c6df-5fea-4108-8185-6350d9e07211_16x9_600x338.jpg

Trump Finally Wears A Mask In Public | HuffPost

Reactions: g0nz0 and MickeyLee

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is everything about winning??
CuZ tHe sHeEp haVe tAkeN ovEr anD pIzZAgAtE iS rEAl anD cheMTrAIlz mADE mE tHis Way anD soMetHInG soROs 5g MaiL frAUD sAndY hOoK cRisIs actErz.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
CuZ tHe sHeEp haVe tAkeN ovEr anD pIzZAgAtE iS rEAl anD cheMTrAIlz mADE mE tHis Way anD soMetHInG soROs 5g MaiL frAUD sAndY hOoK cRisIs actErz.

Don't forget the chemicals in the water that are making the friggin frogs gay...

Reactions: g0nz0

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't forget the chemicals in the water that are making the friggin frogs gay...
I seD cHemtRaILz, yeW dUm SheEple. GeT WOke, waTCh vidZ bYe diSCreDiTed dox on YewTubE yeW hag!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Cuz some other non-trolling idjit might believe this shit.

1. Most people are wearing cloth/re-useable face masks. While effective in casual settings, cloth masks to not meet clinical standards.

2. Medical workers are operating in high-viral-load situations. They are in and out, and in close proximity to, people who are very sick. The level of virus in sick rooms and Covid wards are probably idling at a minimum of 80-100x ppm as what the average person will be exposed to. They need *but don't have* N95 respirators to meet clinal standards.

3. Each time they leave a patient's room they would ideally change masks, gloves and gowns before entering another patient's room.

4. On an average day a hospital might have 3-5 infectious patients. Now? 40% is average? And where rapid testing unavailable, everyone must be assumed to be infected.

Fact: since this pandemic has hit US shores PPE has been an issue. Most production is over seas in countries first hit by Covid. The current global demand is unprecedented in modern times. Increased demand + reduced production = There is simply not enough to go around.

In before "but they said not to wear masks!!"

Novel Coronavirus. Brand fucking new. At the beginning everyone was working with limited knowledge. The best advice was given with the what folks knew then.

Now? It's four months in. Millions have been infected. Hundreds of thousands people have died. Fortunately, more have recovered. Medical folk now have a sizeable pool of statistics and studies to draw upon.

What we still don't know. How will the virus mutate. What are the long term after effects of Covid. We don't know how Covid antibodies will function for long-term immunity.

When the consequences are so dire why is a cautionary approach so hostilely resisted?

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cuz some other non-trolling idjit might believe this shit.

1. Most people are wearing cloth/re-useable face masks. While effective in casual settings, cloth masks to not meet clinical standards.

2. Medical workers are operating in high-viral-load situations. They are in and out, and in close proximity to, people who are very sick. The level of virus in sick rooms and Covid wards are probably idling at a minimum of 80-100x ppm as what the average person will be exposed to. They need *but don't have* N95 respirators to meet clinal standards.

3. Each time they leave a patient's room they would ideally change masks, gloves and gowns before entering another patient's room.

4. On an average day a hospital might have 3-5 infectious patients. Now? 40% is average? And where rapid testing unavailable, everyone must be assumed to be infected.

Fact: since this pandemic has hit US shores PPE has been an issue. Most production is over seas in countries first hit by Covid. The current global demand is unprecedented in modern times. Increased demand + reduced production = There is simply not enough to go around.

In before "but they said not to wear masks!!"

Novel Coronavirus. Brand fucking new. At the beginning everyone was working with limited knowledge. The best advice was given with the what folks knew then.

Now? It's four months in. Millions have been infected. Hundreds of thousands people have died. Fortunately, more have recovered. Medical folk now have a sizeable pool of statistics and studies to draw upon.

What we still don't know. How will the virus mutate. What are the long term after effects of Covid. We don't know how Covid antibodies will function for long-term immunity.

When the consequences are so dire why is a cautionary approach so hostilely resisted?
FREEDOM, You silly goose! Stars & Bars!