Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
FREEDOM, You silly goose! Stars & Bars!

Burgerlandian: I will defend my county with my dying breath!

Fauci: wear a mask.

Burgerlandians: Is shooting Covid-19 an option?

Fauci: wear a mask

Burgerlandians: Makes it hard to breathe

Fauci: so does Covid

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Burgerlandian: I will defend my county with my dying breath!

Fauci: wear a mask.

Burgerlandians: Is shooting Covid-19 an option?

Fauci: wear a mask

Burgerlandians: Makes it hard to breathe

Fauci: so does Covid

Attachments

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
But can I see ya bewbs? :heart_eyes:

It's an older pic. And a lil blurry.
maxresdefault.jpg

Shrume

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cuz some other non-trolling idjit might believe this shit.

1. Most people are wearing cloth/re-useable face masks. While effective in casual settings, cloth masks to not meet clinical standards.

2. Medical workers are operating in high-viral-load situations. They are in and out, and in close proximity to, people who are very sick. The level of virus in sick rooms and Covid wards are probably idling at a minimum of 80-100x ppm as what the average person will be exposed to. They need *but don't have* N95 respirators to meet clinal standards.

3. Each time they leave a patient's room they would ideally change masks, gloves and gowns before entering another patient's room.

4. On an average day a hospital might have 3-5 infectious patients. Now? 40% is average? And where rapid testing unavailable, everyone must be assumed to be infected.

Fact: since this pandemic has hit US shores PPE has been an issue. Most production is over seas in countries first hit by Covid. The current global demand is unprecedented in modern times. Increased demand + reduced production = There is simply not enough to go around.

In before "but they said not to wear masks!!"

Novel Coronavirus. Brand fucking new. At the beginning everyone was working with limited knowledge. The best advice was given with the what folks knew then.

Now? It's four months in. Millions have been infected. Hundreds of thousands people have died. Fortunately, more have recovered. Medical folk now have a sizeable pool of statistics and studies to draw upon.

What we still don't know. How will the virus mutate. What are the long term after effects of Covid. We don't know how Covid antibodies will function for long-term immunity.

When the consequences are so dire why is a cautionary approach so hostilely resisted?
y
Cuz some other non-trolling idjit might believe this shit.

1. Most people are wearing cloth/re-useable face masks. While effective in casual settings, cloth masks to not meet clinical standards.

2. Medical workers are operating in high-viral-load situations. They are in and out, and in close proximity to, people who are very sick. The level of virus in sick rooms and Covid wards are probably idling at a minimum of 80-100x ppm as what the average person will be exposed to. They need *but don't have* N95 respirators to meet clinal standards.

3. Each time they leave a patient's room they would ideally change masks, gloves and gowns before entering another patient's room.

4. On an average day a hospital might have 3-5 infectious patients. Now? 40% is average? And where rapid testing unavailable, everyone must be assumed to be infected.

Fact: since this pandemic has hit US shores PPE has been an issue. Most production is over seas in countries first hit by Covid. The current global demand is unprecedented in modern times. Increased demand + reduced production = There is simply not enough to go around.

In before "but they said not to wear masks!!"

Novel Coronavirus. Brand fucking new. At the beginning everyone was working with limited knowledge. The best advice was given with the what folks knew then.

Now? It's four months in. Millions have been infected. Hundreds of thousands people have died. Fortunately, more have recovered. Medical folk now have a sizeable pool of statistics and studies to draw upon.

What we still don't know. How will the virus mutate. What are the long term after effects of Covid. We don't know how Covid antibodies will function for long-term immunity.

When the consequences are so dire why is a cautionary approach so hostilely resisted?
You sound like a newscaster.

Reactions: Lookinginconshy

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
CuZ tHe sHeEp haVe tAkeN ovEr anD pIzZAgAtE iS rEAl anD cheMTrAIlz mADE mE tHis Way anD soMetHInG soROs 5g MaiL frAUD sAndY hOoK cRisIs actErz.

you forgot
Obama
Clinton, Hillary
Clinton, Bill
Fake News
And
My daddy didn’t hug me

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
So, mask wearing sane people, learn from me...
If you plan to wash your car, and it’s windy, bring a dry mask for afterward. The mist was so lovely and cool. A damp mask is not lovely to try to suck air through.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yi members/participants
a NZ perspective,currently only
consider myself realistic,that things may change

if one feels confident,a nations govt has done its best,to get its citizens/country to the best possible situation they can
and if they
release all from restrictions of collective management

it is time to resume individual responsibility/continue to keep safe, for self and others
common sense

personally
i would not have that confidence,in most other countries,incl parts of Australia/VICTORIA now,for eg
one could almost see there problem developing,several months ago
that couintry is my WW benchmark

Reactions: LaFemme

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not sure what the deal is in the US but a common sight in the UK are hand-drawn rainbows with messages of support, hope &c, mostly drawn by kids and put in house windows.

Never one to miss an opportunity to subvert something popular, here's my offering...

All hail.jpg

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Saw a Woman at my local super market with a large trolley overloaded with bog paper . I just looked her in the eye and said , " you ought to see a fucking doctor , lady ," , either that " or lay off the fibre in your diet " . If looks could kill , I 'd be in my grave , though the other patrons present , seemed to enjoy it . Lots of mindless greed going on right now . Ok , so it isn't the deadliest plague known to man , so fucking what . Fact is , that people are dying . Lots of them , and one thing is certain . If people continue to regard this virus with bullshit , know it fucking all , jocularity , it will most certainly spread . I for one, am , for the most part buying only what I need , though I have stocked up on extra pasta , rice , and some emergency dried foods . When I venture out , it is necessities only , mask on , sanitiser in pocket . There has been some debate about the value of masks , but when I see " essential " service personnel wearing them , it's good enough for me . Best wishes to all at L.P.SG. , hope you are not hurting too much .

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Our state hit yet another record today with over 15,000 new cases. I predict we'll be closer to 20,000 by the end of next week as I've unfortunately not been wrong yet. Deaths are also going up and hospitals sounding the alarm that the curve is getting close to critical. Guess our governor will have to get a new talking point about how all the new cases are young people who don't get sick and positives don't equal fatalities. Nah, he won't...denying reality is much better. The Kingdom of the Rat is opening with crowds of eager incubators lining up. DeSantis is following his master's hell bent on mandating kids must go back to school next month. What could go wrong? Full speed ahead...no looking back! Nor sensibly forward apparently.

At least with death cults in the past the messiah leader only convinced their own members to kill themselves; now we are all along for the ride whether we like it or not. This is what happens when you pick Florida Man as both your state and federal leaders. Yee haw! Is it November yet?

Wear the GD mask, wash your filthy hands or stay the fuck away from me. I no longer find you selfish people amusing.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
In Colorado, many school districts are local control. We do have a mechanism to revert to state oversight if the schools are failing.
my local district, which covers mountains into the edge of a metropolis, is looking at some options.
Full online, every one comes in on a specified day of the week (so a grade at a time, using more rooms) and various other methods to not be in full capacity everyday.