Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
OMG. I had no idea!

Glad to see you posting!

Awh Thank you :blush:

I'm almost recovered. I lost nearly 40 lbs when I was in the hospital (around a third of my body weight) :(
I've gained over 30 of them back and am feeling like 90%. Months of eating right and working out every day and I still have some shortness of breath at the top of a flight of stairs or hill, I'm really hoping that will go away in time.

I'm strictly isolating since the jury is out on how much immunity having had COVID-19 grants you, and for how long. I'd really rather not go through that again :(

We all have a social responsibility to protect those who are most at risk, but everyone is at risk. People taking this lightly should really consider that the virus is like playing a lottery with your life. Sure, if you are young, healthy and without any chronic illnesses then most likely it won't hit you harder than the flu and you might not even show symptoms. Or you might be one of the unlucky ones and die. It's nothing to take lightly.
I see so many arrogant social media hero/armchair expert, pudgy middle-aged smokers that probably take the elevator to the first floor treat this virus as a total joke.. athletes are dying from this. I'm 20 years younger, have absolutely no preexisting or chronic illnesses, eat a very healthy diet, don't smoke, exercise every single day and (was) in excellent cardiovascular shape. I almost fucking died. How will they fare if they're one of the unlucky ones? There is no guarantee : unamused:

Having witnessed people die of COVID-19, seeing people react this way to the virus makes me very sad and angry:

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

I'm almost recovered. I lost nearly 40 lbs when I was in the hospital (around a third of my body weight) :(
I've gained over 30 of them back and am feeling like 90%. Months of eating right and working out every day and I still have some shortness of breath at the top of a flight of stairs or hill, I'm really hoping that will go away in time.

I'm strictly isolating since the jury is out on how much immunity having had COVID-19 grants you, and for how long. I'd really rather not go through that again :(

We all have a social responsibility to protect those who are most at risk, but everyone is at risk. People taking this lightly should really consider that the virus is like playing a lottery with your life. Sure, if you are young, healthy and without any chronic illnesses then most likely it won't hit you harder than the flu and you might not even show symptoms. Or you might be one of the unlucky ones and die. It's nothing to take lightly.
I see so many arrogant social media hero/armchair expert, pudgy middle-aged smokers that probably take the elevator to the first floor treat this virus as a total joke.. athletes are dying from this. I'm 20 years younger, have absolutely no preexisting or chronic illnesses, eat a very healthy diet, don't smoke, exercise every single day and (was) in excellent cardiovascular shape. I almost fucking died. How will they fare if they're one of the unlucky ones? There is no guarantee : unamused:

Having witnessed people die of COVID-19, seeing people react this way to the virus makes me very sad and angry:
All it takes, has ever taken, is for people to think of who and what they share the water, life of this planet with. What fed, nurtured and cared for them to reach an age where they are able to think for themselves. Nothing else.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh how lovely. Where were you mugged?

:p

late 70s
geuss not as many nasty folk,then
spent a few months,Honda 90 step-thru scooter travel choice
never 'stolen' ha
plus about 4 months in London/Chelsea,Notting Hil/Portobello roadl,just down the road,never stolen either
Swansea,another
far preferred the slum/working persons citys, to wealthier areas,ha

Reactions: DiamondJoe

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
late 70s
geuss not as many nasty folk,then
spent a few months,Honda 90 step-thru scooter travel choice
never 'stolen' ha
plus about 4 months in London/Chelsea,Notting Hil/Portobello roadl,just down the road,never stolen either
Swansea,another
far preferred the slum/working persons citys, to wealthier areas,ha
I jest, of course.

That was another world that you're describing. Slums still existed, in places, and all the towns you mention had industries and a working class.

Reactions: rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
need
to move to the UK
become immune
live to a 100,get a watch from Wills/George

hopefully reach 100-000 posts LPSG
and
get something else from @ Mr. LPSG
platinum plated dildo OK

well
seems no ones taking the shit CV seriously,these days

Reactions: Flo179

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

The Dangerous Fringe Theory Behind the Great Barrington Declaration and Herd Immunity

am sure the smart arsess/ass USA,will be aiming at herd immunity next year,if no vaccine is available
stubborn pig headed humanity,in some countries
refusing to take note/action,on others who have been relatively successful
talking Asian countries,not NZ or Australia,for that matter
even the African countries appear to be doing OK

rbkwp
putting his thoughts out there as others often likely think of,but perhaps say nothing

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
EUROPE
many,still raving on about the
'best system,in the world'
arseholes,praising THEMSELVES,European countries in this case,dont seem to look beyond,as if no others exist
again talking Asian/African even
how can one have to much ..... confidence
re there blatant pigheaded arrogance
apologies/commiserations,to the millions afflicted

A_dub

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I'd been wondering where you were. Idk if you remember me from the other site, but I'm thrilled to hear you're doing so well and are such a fighter!

Reactions: NCbear and nailz

Flo179

Superior Member
Media
The UK is in on the verge of another potential national lockdown

The last one was crazy to say the least from suddenly homeschooling to caring for my sick mother to working insane hours to helping my vulnerable elderly neighbors

I honestly do hope it's not the case and at 4pm today Boris just hang on in there and stays strong and firm

People are already mass panic buying, it's upsetting to think we are going through this all again

I know I shouldn't complain or say anything bad and soo many others have got it worse than me and I'm very much gratful for that

But I just don't know what to do

Reactions: rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The UK is in on the verge of another potential national lockdown

The last one was crazy to say the least from suddenly homeschooling to caring for my sick mother to working insane hours to helping my vulnerable elderly neighbors

I honestly do hope it's not the case and at 4pm today Boris just hang on in there and stays strong and firm

People are already mass panic buying, it's upsetting to think we are going through this all again

I know I shouldn't complain or say anything bad and soo many others have got it worse than me and I'm very much gratful for that

But I just don't know what to do

all,the best,keep as well as cab be flo
your welfare and all others are in my thoughts constantly
very confusing/diabolical times for our world

Reactions: Flo179

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
as suggested
NG has an important role to play/inform,its trusted
i feel

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Why some people are superspreaders

LXi5LQpTKfu7VD3TZ41afyOJaXr0ktGnCiPfBcA_ZhTUJIAl4lF2DP_1_tTu-nwFIFLLDP5aBGVRJDjXDrTAvmaMDT2uS0OnRG9W94zmXH3t9SCFY5lTpOlfY_nZm-ZYZ0b9Kw=s0-d-e1-ft
The Coronavirus Era
LXi5LQpTKfu7VD3TZ41afyOJaXr0ktGnCiPfBcA_ZhTUJIAl4lF2DP_1_tTu-nwFIFLLDP5aBGVRJDjXDrTAvmaMDT2uS0OnRG9W94zmXH3t9SCFY5lTpOlfY_nZm-ZYZ0b9Kw=s0-d-e1-ft
In this edition: The U.S. nears 100,000 daily cases, what makes some people superspreaders, how joy endures in Sun City, and what biodiversity has to do with pandemics.

NGM STAFF, PAUL BUFFA
The virus is spreading uncontrollably across dozens of states
This week, the U.S. surpassed 9 million cases, with daily case totals hitting over 90,000. Use our interactive map to track cases and deaths in your state and county.
SEE THE DATA

AROUND THE WORLD: Lockdowns return to Europe +

PHOTOGRAPH BY CHUNG SUN-JUN, GETTY IMAGES
Why some people are superspreaders
The production of infectious aerosols can vary wildly between individuals—and experts are exploring why in the COVID-19 era.
READ ON

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
People taking this lightly should really consider that the virus is like playing a lottery with your life.
Well you are right, but we take risks every day. People in the UK will die for decades to come because of the lockdowns introduced to fight covid. they will fie from poverty and failures to treat other diseases. They will die because of cutbacks to services which cannot be funded because of the vast amount spent on covid. In the end everything comes down to money, thats why we invented it: to tally the value of what we do. Some people will be unlucky and sounds like you have been one of them. But every course of action has its winners and its losers. People saved now will be at the expense of others dying now for different reasons, or in the future.

There is no evidence anywhere of a covid death rate in excess of 0.1%. How well we do changes this a bit more or less, it seems Japan has pushed it very low indeed for example without really trying. They just seem to have been doing the right things anyway. Others have thrashed about with lockdowns of the entire population which have patently failed and are even now deprecated by the WHO as doing more harm than good.

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Why some people are superspreaders
At the start of this WHO advised that it takes a certain number of virus particles to cause an infection, one just isnt enough. I have come round to the perspective they are wrong. This is a disease primarily of the airways, and surface of the airways at that. There really isnt any need for someone to have any symptoms at all to be able to exhale virus and pass it on, and thats all that matters to the virus. So one virus might be breathed in, establish a small colony which releases more back out into the air before the body identifies it and stops it. Thats all it would take for the virus to keep going forever. Unseen by us unless we test for it at just the right time and with sufficiently sensitive means. Viruses live through the summer months when no one notices having any infections!

a super spreader then isnt someone who passes it on more often, but someone who passes it on in a much more intense form where there are many infecting virus particles at once and someone gets symptoms. What has only ever been measured is the visible signs of infections, not the true extent of the disease. Thats why it becomes devastating in a situation where lots of weakened people are brought together. because the normally ubiquitous viral infections which dont lead anywhere in people with fully functioning imunity can grow and become serious.

And thats why a policy of waiting fpr a vaccine wont work. It will not eradicate the virus. People whose immune systems dont work will still get exposed and if susceptible die.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
KEEP WELL Northern UK
Cases in N England falling. cases in england overall falling. Cases in scotland falling, wales neutral, N.ireland neutral. Total of people in hospital actually just fell too. Deaths been way below government predictions. Cases in certain hotspot areas have been falling most, and these were the areas most concerning people in case they exceeded hospital capacity, but they will not.

So just as all the indicators are already going the right way, government calls a national lockdown. Thats barmy. Insane. Stupid. incompetent. irresponsible. Dangerous to the future of the nation.

We just had a surge caused by schools going back but it is already dissipating. There is no need for a lockdown which will kill people. It will ruin companies just hanging on. Boost the long term unemployment rate, national debt which conservatives assured us for the last ten years could not be allowed to increase further. That has been the cornerstone of their policy, the complete unaffordability of increased government debt. yet now they spend like water. One year ago, not a penny more for the NHS even though thye could have saved more lives than lost this year to covid for far far less money. Could spend the same low amount next year after covid is gone and save far more lives than it is saving this year. but it wont do that because normally it does not believe in spending even such low amounts on health.

Lockdown kills. All it does is delay the end of the epidemic. We have just seena surge of cases and deaths caused by schools returning. if they had gone back last summer, this would have happened in the good weather amd chances are the entire scale of it would have been less because warm weather reduces the severity of the disease. The surge would have been long gone by now and we would be on a lower cases situation right now, stable and probably falling. This is incompetent handling and illustrates the point that lockdown simply delays things without any solution.

This epidemic will end naturally and would have ended long since. Nowhere in the world has had more than 0.1% deaths. Thats all thats going to happen, anywhere, however long governments deliberate keep the epidemic going. Keeping the epidemic going like this simply increases the chances that for those high risk people still protected, someone will slip up and they catch it. Lockdown policy is simply making sure covid lasst long enough to reach all the high risk people.

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There is no evidence anywhere of a covid death rate in excess of 0.1%.
At the start of this WHO advised that it takes a certain number of virus particles to cause an infection, one just isnt enough. I have come round to the perspective they are wrong. This is a disease primarily of the airways, and surface of the airways at that. There really isnt any need for someone to have any symptoms at all to be able to exhale virus and pass it on, and thats all that matters to the virus. So one virus might be breathed in, establish a small colony which releases more back out into the air before the body identifies it and stops it. Thats all it would take for the virus to keep going forever. Unseen by us unless we test for it at just the right time and with sufficiently sensitive means. Viruses live through the summer months when no one notices having any infections!

a super spreader then isnt someone who passes it on more often, but someone who passes it on in a much more intense form where there are many infecting virus particles at once and someone gets symptoms. What has only ever been measured is the visible signs of infections, not the true extent of the disease. Thats why it becomes devastating in a situation where lots of weakened people are brought together. because the normally ubiquitous viral infections which dont lead anywhere in people with fully functioning imunity can grow and become serious.

And thats why a policy of waiting fpr a vaccine wont work. It will not eradicate the virus. People whose immune systems dont work will still get exposed and if susceptible die.
Cases in N England falling. cases in england overall falling. Cases in scotland falling, wales neutral, N.ireland neutral. Total of people in hospital actually just fell too. Deaths been way below government predictions. Cases in certain hotspot areas have been falling most, and these were the areas most concerning people in case they exceeded hospital capacity, but they will not.

So just as all the indicators are already going the right way, government calls a national lockdown. Thats barmy. Insane. Stupid. incompetent. irresponsible. Dangerous to the future of the nation.

We just had a surge caused by schools going back but it is already dissipating. There is no need for a lockdown which will kill people. It will ruin companies just hanging on. Boost the long term unemployment rate, national debt which conservatives assured us for the last ten years could not be allowed to increase further. That has been the cornerstone of their policy, the complete unaffordability of increased government debt. yet now they spend like water. One year ago, not a penny more for the NHS even though thye could have saved more lives than lost this year to covid for far far less money. Could spend the same low amount next year after covid is gone and save far more lives than it is saving this year. but it wont do that because normally it does not believe in spending even such low amounts on health.

Lockdown kills. All it does is delay the end of the epidemic. We have just seena surge of cases and deaths caused by schools returning. if they had gone back last summer, this would have happened in the good weather amd chances are the entire scale of it would have been less because warm weather reduces the severity of the disease. The surge would have been long gone by now and we would be on a lower cases situation right now, stable and probably falling. This is incompetent handling and illustrates the point that lockdown simply delays things without any solution.

This epidemic will end naturally and would have ended long since. Nowhere in the world has had more than 0.1% deaths. Thats all thats going to happen, anywhere, however long governments deliberate keep the epidemic going. Keeping the epidemic going like this simply increases the chances that for those high risk people still protected, someone will slip up and they catch it. Lockdown policy is simply making sure covid lasst long enough to reach all the high risk people.
^ sooooooo wrong.