Corporal punishment - the dreaded cane

SteveT

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As LPSG-ers from the UK over a certain age will know, the cane was a frequent means of punishment until the late 1980s.

Of the mates I know who got it and whose dicks I have seen in showers in gym etc, a majority seem to be well endowed.

Is there a link? Are well endowed males just more of risk takers, too stupid to get caught or what?

Was not sure where else to post this. Hope nobody minds.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Regarding the idea of hung people being punished by cane or paddle (here in the US) it's not too far fetched of an idea. People who are hung do tend to be a little more self confident (cocky, if you will) and often will push the limits because we have confidence in ourselves. Not all people are this way, but many of us do exude this. I would imagine that in a classroom that the ones misbehaving would often tend to be the cockier types. I was often an instigator, but knew how to pawn it off on others, so I knew how to get out of getting in trouble. However, I did get in trouble at home, getting spanked with the wooden spoon from the kitchen and getting my mouth washed out with soap. In the classroom, I knew how to get out of trouble, at home, I wasn't good with it!

mehgah

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
prepstudinsc said:
Regarding the idea of hung people being punished by cane or paddle (here in the US) it's not too far fetched of an idea. People who are hung do tend to be a little more self confident (cocky, if you will) and often will push the limits because we have confidence in ourselves. Not all people are this way, but many of us do exude this. I would imagine that in a classroom that the ones misbehaving would often tend to be the cockier types. I was often an instigator, but knew how to pawn it off on others, so I knew how to get out of getting in trouble. However, I did get in trouble at home, getting spanked with the wooden spoon from the kitchen and getting my mouth washed out with soap. In the classroom, I knew how to get out of trouble, at home, I wasn't good with it!

I can understand where that may make some sense, but I highly doubt it. The majority of people (hung or not) are not confident in the sense that they can get away with capital crimes. The swiftness of justice (particularly in North America) is based on fame and fortune, not whether you're hung or not, and I think attributing a correlation between crime and being hung is about the same as blaming your parents for everything that went wrong in your life -- there's a point where upbringing stops and your character starts.. well there's a point where you're confidence stops and your stupidity begins, if you're going to get caught for a capital crime, that is.

Sure, you'll be more confident in some situations. I am. But that's your locker-room, hanging out with the guys who know you're well equipped sort of confidence. It doesn't translate to me walking out the door thinking I can steal cash from my workplace because I have a big dick.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Ummmm, Mehgeh, Steve T was talking about the cane being used in British schools as a form of discipline as the paddle was used in US schools, not like the cane used on Michael Fay for having drugs in Singapore or wherever it was back in the 90's.

It's a totally different thing to be hung and thinking you can get away with goofing off in class because you're cocky and confident versus embezzling money from your company.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
prepstudinsc said:
Too bad you didn't get some discipline at home, it would have at least showed that your parents cared about you.
oh, my mother certainly smacked me around when i pissed her off - i just don't recall her ever using cooking utensils or hygiene products for that purpose. :rolleyes:

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Dr Rock said:
oh, my mother certainly smacked me around when i pissed her off - i just don't recall her ever using cooking utensils or hygiene products for that purpose. :rolleyes:

There's a difference between being smacked around and being punished.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
dolf250 said:
I'm telling you that it would be the most often used emoticon on this site, if only they would have it as an option.
I don't know about other posters, but this would certainly be true for me.