Corporate-funded mobs attack democracy

finsuptx

Expert Member
Media
Yeah, its a real effin' pain when you are trying to tell a story, and not break up the action or flow. Its one of the reasons I stopped posting stories here.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
It's probably set at 10,000 characters. Off the top of my head, I think that's the default in vB when you turn on post length limits.
It is for sure. It also seems to me that typing in boldface or larger type eats up more - just my anecdotal observation, but seems to be the case.

Yeah, its a real effin' pain when you are trying to tell a story, and not break up the action or flow. Its one of the reasons I stopped posting stories here.
Agreed. However, one can understand there needs to be a limit set to hold the bandwidth in check. Also to discourage overlong posts, which I have certainly been guilty of, though occasionally I think that is justifed when dealing with a complicated subject or detailed response. There are some who habitually go to the limit regardless, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: par example, and I can only imagine how annoying it would be it there were no limit set.