Correct Measurement?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Imported, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I could have sworn I posted this topic a few days ago, but it seems to have mysteriously disapeared. Anyway, I apologize if it is currently somewhere on this board and I posted this twice for no reason.

I've been told the correct way to measure is on top of the shaft. I usually measure with tape measure and results vary from 9 1/2-9 inches. When I press a hard ruler down along the shaft, it shrinks down to 8.5 inches. I think it is because my penis curves down naturally. Either way, what is the right tool to use to measure? Should I keep claiming I am 9 1/2-9 inches long, or just adjust it to the hard ruler measurement?

2. Imported

Gold Member

nacard01: I always measure from above to the end also with a ruler. Its a 12" ruler and I can see where past it I am when erect. I believe that the correct way is from on top of the penis to the end. But don't quote me on that.

My size with a tape measure is the same but my penis doesn't have much of a curve to it. Its not entirely straight, but the curve isnt enough to affect measurements. Dont know if this post will help ya Gigantikok.

Kermit

3. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: I think a tape measure is more accurate than a ruler, especially if there is any curve. Mine also curves downward significantly and I notice the same thing--if I measure with the tape measure following the curve, it shows 11" of flesh protruding from my body, but if I just lay a ruler on top, the tip appears to hit only between the 9-10" mark. When you think about it, this makes sense. Rulers are made to measure straight objects. A tailor's tape measure is made to measure body parts, most of which have some sort of curve to them.

4. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: I use a tape measure, too, because of my curve. When I'm hard, I just can't bend my dick to make it straight enough to measure with a ruler. A tape measure is the best way to measure because you can measure along curves and also you can get a true measurement of thickness, since it will wrap around the shaft or head.

5. kurios

kurios Member

Measuring along the top with a flexible tape gives the true length of your dick which from your post is 9 - 9.5 depending. A ruler only gives you horizontal distance which you say is 8.5 and doesn't reflect the true challenge any opening needs to accomodate

6. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Plus, I wanna be able to say I am bigger anyway! ;D

So, I guess I'll keep using the tape measure and make the guesstimation that it is about 9.25 inches long. Thanks guys.

7. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: *takes note: use tape measure next time*

*takes note again: buy tape measure*

8. Imported

Gold Member

bigcock: My penis curves upward myself and with a ruler it just won't be accurate enough, a tape measure follows your curve...also I saw your photo in photo posting...your definitely like 9.5 ....so just post 9.5 buddy!

9. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: See, but it doesn't say that on the ruler! Well, it comes close, but not quite. Eh, you're right, why the hell not? There are smaller guys then me that claim to be 9.5 and get away with it! So yea, I am 9.5, dammit! ;D

10. Imported

Gold Member

buddy43610: i believe that you should measure with a tape along the top side with your penis at a RIGHT ANGLE to your body.

11. Imported

Gold Member

buddy43610: erect measurement (imho): with a tape, measure along the top holding your penis straight out from your body letting the tape follow any curve.

(no laughing!)
    O
    l
    l
    l----
    l
    l
    _ l_

12. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=health;num=1066816533;start=0#8 date=10/26/03 at 02:58:44]See, but it doesn't say that on the ruler!  Well, it comes close, but not quite.  Eh, you're right, why the hell not?  There are smaller guys then me that claim to be 9.5 and get away with it!  So yea, I am 9.5, dammit!  ;D[/quote]

Good for you, gigant. But I get the feeling you are concerned that going with the tape measure may somehow be considered "cheating." At the risk of repeating myself, let me just reassure you that you should consider the tape measure the most accurate measurement because a tape measure is specifically designed to measure body parts. If you go to a tailor to get measured for a suit, he will use a tape measure, not a yardstick, because the human body is not made up of straight lines.

Remember that a straight line is the shortest distance between two points. The ruler measurement shows the "straight line" distance between the base of your penis and the tip. The thing is, your penis (like mine, and maybe most others) takes the scenic route--following a curve, which is more distance than the straight line measurement.

Often when I get skepticism about my measurements I think the person is picturing a perfect cylinder roughly the size and shape of a Pringle's can. They find a penis like that impossible to believe. The banana-shaped reality is a much more natural shape for human flesh to take.

13. Imported

Gold Member

Krowax: I measure from the pubic bone. So I'm a little over 7 (~7.25) if I measure firmly just from the skin at the base. I also have a slight upward bend, which I have to kind of bend down a little bit when I measure with a ruler. Maybe I should try the tape measure thing aswell..

However, just putting the tape measre along the dick to the _top_ of the head (which means letting it "fall" down the curve of the head) is not the correct way to measure, since you don't really get the real length then. Even though the difference might not be big, it's not the correct way to measure, since a curved surface is longer than a flat surface between two lateral points.

Anyway... You should try to stretch the tape over (in the same angle as the rest of the dick, not along the curve of the head) the head of the dick so you get an exact measurement that way.

I'm a bit tired, so I'm not gonna read what I wrote through again. So I hope it makes any sense.

edit: I just checked.. seems like I'm 18cm with the tape on an avarage erection and a little more with a really hard one =).

14. Imported

Gold Member

neworlnssteel: I also use a tape measure to measure. I don't know about the rest of you guys but remember that study that came out a few mos. ago claiming that you could tell the length of a guys penis from measureing from the tip of their thumb to the tip of their pinky? Well strangley that holds true for me. Both measure exactly. 9'. Does that apply to any of you?

15. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: In my case, my pinky to thumb span is about 9.75", my dick is 10", so while close, it doesn't hold true. What about short people who are hung (there are a few on the board) or tall people who are of average dick size or who have small dicks? I still hold to the belief that there is no correlation between any body parts and the penis. If someone can prove differently, please speak up and show us the proof.

16. Imported

Gold Member

m17in3: Hey guys,

Have a thought for the 6 inchers and less :)
    Ruler, caliper, tape measure or laser beam, I'm (only) 6" !

Over 8", you're in a world where decimals doesn't matter !

17. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: [quote author=m17in3 link=board=health;num=1066816533;start=0#15 date=10/31/03 at 08:06:21]

Over 8", you're in a world where decimals doesn't matter !
    [/quote]

Decimals might not matter in the real world, but on here they do! lol I mean where else in the world is there a place where the average penis size is at least 8.5" or 9"? Even at 10", I sometimes feel like I'm tiny. ;D

18. Imported

Gold Member

Krowax: No you don't sometimes feel tiny! :p

19. Imported

Gold Member

chipster: Thumb to pinky for me is 9.25"
    Maximum penis length is 8.00"

Hummmm, big hands. ???

20. Imported

Gold Member

Krowax: Thumb to pinky, 8.5". My original max size was ~.6.75, now 7.7 (post pe)

Draft saved Draft deleted