Corsets....

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by diamond, Apr 17, 2007.

?

which corset do you prefer

Poll closed Apr 27, 2007.
  1. corset in silk

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. lace up corset

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. diamond

Verified Gold Member

Hi Guys

I have been shopping around for a corset for quite some time... and I have narrowed it down to two choices. I wanted to get some feedback on which one you preferred; either the corset in silk, or the lace up one.

For the female members I would like to know if you currently own a corset, and if so how often do you use it? Mainly for "in the bedroom activities" or do you actually wear it out in public.

Attached Files:

2. dentaldoll

dentaldoll New Member

hiya, my boyfriend likes the first corse, says the other one looks uncomfortable

3. boerkie

boerkie New Member

i like the look of the first one

4. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I LOVE lace up corsets - so does my husband - I do like the look of both your pics, but I'd go with the lace up for myself.

I have a few - of various types - I tend to keep them in the bedroom - but I occasionally wear them out whe the outfit requires extra shaping beneath. Up to a few years back I wore corset type tops (or sometimes proper corsets as tops) a lot - but I'm a bit heavier now and have gone up to a D cup - so having everything stacked up (like kotchanski's rather gorgeous avatar shot) gets extra attention that I'm not always comfortable with (I live in a small rural community now).

5. Principessa

Gold Member

I prefer the silk one. I love the delicate pink floral print!
    One question, do they both lace up in the back?

6. SoLowHung

SoLowHung New Member

I'm partial to laces and structure
    but then, I like my woman to know she's wearing it

The pink one is 'pretty' though.

7. diamond

Verified Gold Member

Yea i can get the pink one with laces, since the woman takes custom orders on ebay. I would have to go to proper bra shop and get measured, since that is key to a great corset.

8. SoLowHung

SoLowHung New Member

Isn't there some 20+ measurements done for a proper corset build? There use to be a great corset maker in Portland, OR but I think she moved and I lost track of her location. If you follow through with it, I will be interested in knowing how it turns out for ya. Good luck, whichever you get, I'm sure you'll look great.

9. snoozan

Gold Member

The pink one looks more refined in both appearance and construction. It's ver pretty. Though I'm a big fan of lace-up corsets, the one pictured looks like the laces are more decoration than function-- in which case they tend to gap and look weird when you move.

10. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

The first one is gorgeous.

I have several corsets and basques, I wear them mainly in the bedroom but I have on occasion worn them out, not under clothing but as clothing.

11. earllogjam

Gold Member

I find the laced on sexier. The silk one is prettier. Depends who you are dressing for I guess. If you have passion on the mind I think unlacing can be fun besides hard to get those sex stains off of silk.

12. Epistasia

Epistasia Member

I love corsets and bustiers! I have a whole collection. From the classic Fredrick's bridal corset (in black) to a gorgeous custom job a friend of my Mother made. I have twelve in all. I really like the design of the first one, but I would hope that it laces up in the back. I have a very narrow back and (comparatively) wide hips and bust so it can be difficult to find any lingerie I like in stores. I have found a store in Pasadena, California called The Wizard of Bras that will alter all sorts of clothes for women with uncommon dimensions. it's kind of expensive but if I find something I can't live without, I'll buy it a size or two too large and then have it altered. I love dressing up like a princess (I know... childish!), so I'll put on a flowy skirt, a corset that pushes my boobs way up, one of my tiaras and I will just be in heaven. I love that look so much that even my wedding dress has a lace up back!

13. kcee

kcee New Member

I actually like them both. My wife Deedee wears corset out often. She looks great in them...really makes her outstanding boobs stand out. I love them with jeans or skirts.

14. SynSatiable69

SynSatiable69 Member

i dont own or wear any corsets but i do own a few bodices,,, and i prefer the lace up one,,, thats why i got the bodices because i like more mobility it gives,,, but then mine has the 4 sets of laces which when wearing can be very revealing or not depending on what im wearing underneath (if anything) or how i distribute the lacing

15. snoozan

Gold Member

well, you got me looking, deb, and i found this corset that i think is TO DIE FOR. it's called a formal corset, and i would love to wear it to a cocktail party or a black tie event with a long black silk skirt. i think i'd get it in a different color-- i'm partial to black, pink, and red or maybe a blue... not sure.

but anyway, here it is:

Formal Halter Brocade Overbust Corset #v-1030fc

16. diamond

Verified Gold Member

yes, it's really nice, love the texture and lace up. I never realized how much detail goes into these things?!!!!:eek:

17. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

You might all want to take a look at Fairy Gothmother and Diva Corsets, they have some gorgeous stuff, practically everything on there makes me drool.

18. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

aw shucks, Spoiled Princess Fairy Godmother has nothing in my size!

19. diamond

Verified Gold Member

oh my god!!!! I am drooling, they have a variety of gorgeous silk material...OUFFFFF ( and here I thought I narrowed it to two choices):eek:

20. karmen

karmen New Member

I do have several lace-up corsets. I prefer them to other types because they are able to conform more closely to the shape of my body.

I have a large bustline but a small waist. I just get a better fit with the lace-up type.

I don't wear the corsets in public for two reasons:

1. Because I'm busty, I look like I am about to pop out of the corset
    2. While wearing under a blouse/shirt, I alway look like I have 3 nipples

I actually think it's what you are most comfortable wearing. Some body types are better suited for wearing corsets. I personally wished I were smaller breasted. I think I would look better while wearing one.

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice