Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Often an unnatural appearance is the result of an incompetent or overly aggressive surgeon and/or a demanding or unrealistic patient.
I agree. A tasteful rhinoplasty is one thing. Joan Rivers and Cher are another thing.
I'm not for it at all,some people end up looking truly scary,and inhuman like that ''Cat Lady''.
You mean this horror?: Top 6 Extreme Cosmetic Surgeries: Obsession with Breast Implants to Feline Looks - ABC News

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
again, this is just my opinion, but no matter how "well done" the surgery is, it will always look unnatural to.

again, if it's well done, you wouldn't know anything had been done, other than the person's improved appearance. To paraphrase Lee Bosley (no, he didn't do my transplants) if all you've ever seen is bad cosmetic surgery, that's because you've never seen good cosmetic surgery.

I agree. A tasteful rhinoplasty is one thing. Joan Rivers and Cher are another thing.
You mean this horror?: Top 6 Extreme Cosmetic Surgeries: Obsession with Breast Implants to Feline Looks - ABC News

That's exactly who i meant,some people just don't know when to stop!,that woman and the rest of those people are mentally unstable.Why would you do that to yourself?And to wally84 ''worthless''seems like a bit much.By working out you can reshape your body .When it comes to facial beauty it may be a little more difficult but i still don't think surgery is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't think she looks that great, but I wouldn't say that she's deformed or anything like that. Sure she doesn't look natural, but what's so great about being natural?

you seriously don't think that she looks deformed? really?

Deformation | Define Deformation at Dictionary.com

definition of deformation:
–noun 1. the act of deforming; distortion; disfigurement.

2. the result of deforming; change of form, esp. for the worse.

3. an altered form.

4. Geology, Mechanics . a change in the shape or dimensions of a body, resulting from stress; strain.

she looks horrendous, and i often wonder if she realizes how bad she looks

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh come on..not all plastic surgery is like the cat woman or that freaky guy with the crazy cheek implants (The TLC show). But Im seeing signs of aging I don't like now and I probably am lucky I don't have an extra 20K to go get some stuff done. I have been told I don't look my age etc etc but it's how you view yourself. I want to look like I did when I was 30. Blame the media and relentless messages that aging is not ok. I dont know..someday I may do a few things but I am afraid of coming out looking worse then when I went in so Im kinda leaving things alone.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When you get older and try to get pulled tight it's bad news. Most lip enhancements look ridiculous.

Some of it is okay. If you have satellite ears it's fine to have them pinned back.

I knew a guy who's nose was normal and I didn't know he had anything done until I saw an old picture of him in his apartment. He needed the work and they did a great job.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What's to think about. Free country. Have it it people.

Personally, I might get my nose fixed - too many fights but it isn;t worth the trouble.

Now if they really want to get the market going - figure out a way to add 1-3 inches to a guy and women will be dragging their men in for a tune up.

As for fake boobs. Yuck. They look great under a sweater for sure. But give me the real thing and the feel and movement of a real set ANY day of the week.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have had the opportunity to have my face "filled" twice, both times by competent MDs and covered by insurance and/or private grants, and each time I've declined, but not until I'd really thought it through.

The issue for me is Lipoatrophy, of which I have a moderate case (I'm hardly a death's head). The medications I took from 1996-2005 literally drained the subcutaneous fat from my face (and other areas, too). When my sister saw me for the first time since my face had really begun changing, I asked her response, which was: "Different. Not bad, really...but you look very, very different".

To some, I have a rugged, sculpted look, which many find "handsome". To me, I have an AIDSy, drawn look. It took years for me to come to grips with the fact that I have earned the face I have, along with two scars to always remind me of what the Shingles feel like on your face. I have the face of a survivor: if that intimidates some folks, great. We probably wouldn't get along very well anyway.

Wasn't it Coco Chanel who said that at twenty you have the face you were born with, but at fifty you get the face you deserve? :cool:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
again, if it's well done, you wouldn't know anything had been done, other than the person's improved appearance. To paraphrase Lee Bosley (no, he didn't do my transplants) if all you've ever seen is bad cosmetic surgery, that's because you've never seen good cosmetic surgery.

So true. People who have good plastic surgery don't look like they have had plastic surgery. I saw a program on plastic surgery, too, and I was shocked at how good some of the people looked after. They looked like they had been born looking like that. They still looked like themselves, but just a more attractive version of themselves.

TheBF's grandmother had her eyes done last year and this year at her birthday party I was astonished that I could not tell unless I compared her photo to previous birthday party photos. Her eyes looked completely natural and she didn't look as tired or old. You'd never look at her and think, "She's had plastic surgery."

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What's to think about. Free country. Have it it people.

Personally, I might get my nose fixed - too many fights but it isn;t worth the trouble.

Now if they really want to get the market going - figure out a way to add 1-3 inches to a guy and women will be dragging their men in for a tune up.

As for fake boobs. Yuck. They look great under a sweater for sure. But give me the real thing and the feel and movement of a real set ANY day of the week.

i agree with you; it is a free couny. i'm not saying we should be ban it. i'm just saying that to me, in my eyes, in my opinion, etc, etc that people with plastic surgery are not attractive

i prefer a guy with a real nose ;-)

i don't like a chick with fake anything. especially tits or lips. i think lip jobs scare me the most. they look so lumpy, like spoiled milk

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's hard for me to judge women who desire reconstructive surgery post-pregnancy. Childbirth can severely change a woman's body and even cause a lot of physical issues that are painful or uncomfortable, such as if she has had diastasis recti, which is where the stomach muscles rip apart and it can only be repaired through surgery. Many women with severe diastasis recti have problems such as intestines that protrude from the rip when they bend over, and it causes a woman to continue to appear pregnant after she's given birth because her stomach muscles are no longer holding her organs tight inside her torso, so they hang out like a beer belly or like she's still pregnant. I have it. The fascia holding together my stomach muscles began ripping about 3 weeks ago, and depending on how severe the rip is and how much space there is between my muscles by the time I give birth, I may choose to have it surgically repaired, too, depending on the recommendations of my doctor.

Pregnancy can also cause extra skin. Breastfeeding can deflate breasts and cause severe sagging, even lopsided breasts, motivating many women to seek out breast augmentation. Stretch marks can make it difficult for many women to feel sexy.

To me, it's hard to criticize these young women for wanting to regain some of their former beauty, especially for the women who have had children at a very young age.

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The other day I saw an older couple and the old lady (in her 70's) had a long full black wig on and her face was so tight she looked scared, like this famous photo.
carol10.jpg
She was also hunched over to the side a little and hanging on to her husband and it looked like she may have had silicone injected into her face, back when they thought that was safe.