Cosmetic Surgery ....

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Has anyone had an under-eye lift (blepharoplasty) ?
As I approach 50 I am tempted ....
They are meant to be very effective !

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Nelly Gay said:

Come clean !
Of the 116+ readers of this post someone must have had a little nip and tuck ?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
None for me, thanks. There are a few things I could probably have improved with a little surgery, but I just can't be OK with unnecessary surgeries.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
My nose has been broken twice resulting in breating problems, snoring...and it doesn't look the same. I may have it repaired.

I have no prob with plastic surgery. If you want it, DO IT! A word of warning: shop carefully for your surgeon and resist temptation of discount butchers.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am in my mid forties and happy as I am at the moment. I'm not saying that I would discount surgery totally in the future. Time will tell.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
If you want surgery... it is totally your business.

I get freaked out by the idea of someone cutting peices of me off.

Unless it is to keep my alive, I am gonna live with what I have.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
jeff black said:
If you want surgery... it is totally your business.

I get freaked out by the idea of someone cutting peices of me off.

Unless it is to keep my alive, I am gonna live with what I have.

Yeah you can't improve perfection eh Jeff?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Most of the visible signs of aging (wrinkles and fine lines) have to due with long-term sun exposure. Tanning in your teens and twenties will make you look old rather quickly as your skin ages and loses it plasticity and elasticity. Something like 70% os al sun damage is done by the time you are 20.

People laugh at me when I wear SPF 45-60 when I golf or go to the beach and then they do a double take when they ask my age and I say 34 and they say I look 24. I don't know anyone who tans all the time and looks younger than they are. Does fried chicken ever look fresh?

That being said, this is one of the those--to each his own moments. Medical reasons aside (Sorcerer's nasal issue, for example), I am a proponent of being happy with what you've got. But that is just me.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
Most of the visible signs of aging (wrinkles and fine lines) have to due with long-term sun exposure. Tanning in your teens and twenties will make you look old rather quickly as your skin ages and loses it plasticity and elasticity. Something like 70% os al sun damage is done by the time you are 20.

People laugh at me when I wear SPF 45-60 when I golf or go to the beach and then they do a double take when they ask my age and I say 34 and they say I look 24.

I totally agree with you regarding the sun. Here in Tenerife we have strong sun all year and I too wear nothing less than a SPF45 if I am going to be out in it for more than a short time.

Gekko

Just Browsing
Media
Nelly Gay said:

Actually blepharoplasty refers to both upper and lower eye work. While it can help rejuvenate the look, it is primarily used to help people see (removing excess skin and fat in the upper lid that had forced the lid to droop down past the eyelashes even when the eye was open) and minimize eye conditions due to gravity pulling the lower lid down and slighly rolling outward.

The surgery is a relatively short in-office visit with a few days of healing a very delicate area. Blepharoplasty usually takes one to three hours, depending on the extent of the surgery. If you're having all four eyelids done, the surgeon will probably work on the upper lids first, then the lower ones.
In a typical procedure, the surgeon makes incisions following the natural lines of your eyelids; in the creases of your upper lids, and just below the lashes in the lower lids. The incisions may extend into the crow's feet or laugh lines at the outer corners of your eyes. Working through these incisions, the surgeon separates the skin from underlying fatty tissue and muscle, removes excess fat, and often trims sagging skin and muscle. The incisions are then closed with very fine sutures.
If you have a pocket of fat beneath your lower eyelids but don't need to have any skin removed, your surgeon may perform a transconjunctival blepharoplasty. In this procedure the incision is made inside your lower eyelid, leaving no visible scar. It is usually performed on younger patients with thicker, more elastic skin.

Your surgeon will instruct you to keep your head elevated for several days, and to use cold compresses to reduce swelling and bruising. (Bruising varies from person to person: it reaches its peak during the first week, and generally lasts anywhere from two weeks to a month.) You'll be shown how to clean your eyes, which may be gummy for a week or so. Many doctors recommend eyedrops, since your eyelids may feel dry at first and your eyes may burn or itch. For the first few weeks you may also experience excessive tearing, sensitivity to light, and temporary changes in your eyesight, such as blurring or double vision. Bruising is normal, the stitches can be irritating, and the area gets very puffy. If the lower lid approach is from inside the lower lid, they use dissolving sutures to close the incision. Otherwise expect fine filament in areas that will not be readily noticeable (such as the crease of the eyelid)

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Lex said:
I say 34 and they say I look 24. I don't know anyone who tans all the time and looks younger than they are.

Black don't crack honey!

I really baked it when I was younger but quit around 26. People never believe I'm...the age I am. A lot of it has to do with genetics. My mom's turning 60 soon and she looks amazing.

Nobody needs to look like a freak. The ones who do made bad choices in docs or had too much done. I see no problem with repairing damage done by time.

Jeff, you're 24. We'll speak again in 15 years, you may have a different take on things.

mainer1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My nose had been broken twice...once by my abusive father when I was a kid, once falling off my bike. When I hit 30, as a present to myself (lol), I had a nosejob and a lower lid tuck at the same time to offset alot of puffiness I had there up to then. It's 20 years later and those corrections were and are still effective. I'm not for full facelifts, for men at least. The scars, distorted ears and hairlines are way to much of a trade off. The upper and/or lower lid bleph, however, can do wonders with very little visible scarring or facial disfigurement. (in my humble opinion)

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Sorcerer said:
Jeff, you're 24. We'll speak again in 15 years, you may have a different take on things.

Sorcerer, you are a sweet guy... but fortunetly, I am also a lucky one.

My family has great genetics also, and I look alot like my dad.. I am gonna age just fine.

No surgery for me.:tongue:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thirteenbyseven said:
http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com I'm still too young at 36, but if David Hasselhoff and Sylvester Stallone are any indication of the drawn back wax museum look that is supposed to be state-of-the-art plastic surgery, stay away.

For my whole lifetime, I've had three necessary cosmetic surgeries, and one self indulgent.
starting off with the necessary three;
One; Six dental implants in my mouth for better chewing.
Two: LASIK surgery to correct my nearsightedness, plus I got extremely tired of getting fitted for new glasses.
Three; Rhinoplasty after being hit in the rear end of my car in an underground parking lot while my car was turned off.

And the one self indulgent one;
Hair transplants. What can I say? I had NO desire to let the Male Pattern Baldness/ Male Alopecia affect me like it did my other male relatives.

By the way there, thirteenbyseven, the only cosmetic surgery Sylvester Stallone was a corrective one for his eye.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
mainer1 said:
My nose had been broken twice...once by my abusive father when I was a kid, once falling off my bike. When I hit 30, as a present to myself (lol), I had a nosejob and a lower lid tuck at the same time to offset alot of puffiness I had there up to then. It's 20 years later and those corrections were and are still effective. I'm not for full facelifts, for men at least. The scars, distorted ears and hairlines are way to much of a trade off. The upper and/or lower lid bleph, however, can do wonders with very little visible scarring or facial disfigurement. (in my humble opinion)

A great many men justify cosmetic surgery by saying it is for medical reasons ie a nose job to help their breathing or an eye-lift to improve their peripheral vision.
I had a face and neck lift in 1997 .
I was in my 30s.
If you leave it too late the surgery is much more major, the recovery period longer and you also have the problem of "old looking" hands (Madonna anybody).
The scars are minimal and hidden in the folds of the ears.
Shaving behind your ears is a minor trade-off !
Moreover, you always look younger and your face does not suddenly collapse in 5 years time despite urban myths ....
You don't have to have the wind tunnel look.
I would avoid Botox though .