Cosmic Fire & Desire

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Low 80's today; cold is a very uncommon thing where I live...but maybe this will do *:

* Disclaimer: Don't really set your house on fire to get warm

I have fond memories of my husband teaching my daughter this song. She knew all the words, and they made no sense to me! LOL!

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have fond memories of my husband teaching my daughter this song. She knew all the words, and they made no sense to me! LOL!

As an 80's aficionado I hate to admit it, but I prefer this cover version better than the original as it's much more jazzy.

Reactions: dreamer20

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As an 80's aficionado I hate to admit it, but I prefer this cover version better than the original as it's much more jazzy.

Just wow! I showed my husband, and he had never seen it before! He said he believes Tom Jones looks weirder than David Byrne in that video! LOL!

Reactions: thirteenbyseven

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just wow! I showed my husband, and he had never seen it before! He said he believes Tom Jones looks weirder than David Byrne in that video! LOL!

Yup, he went the Sylvester Stallone plastic surgery route. Tom Jones back in the day was a Las Vegas crooner and babe magnet, complete with a sock stuffed in his tight pants. An ancient kiss-and-tell Hollywood star named Mamie Van Doren revealed his voice was larger than what he was packing down below. :p

The first few bars of Love Me Tonight remind me of a TV series where a "will they or won't they" battle-of-the-sexes, male-female detective team are riding in a Ferrari convertible along the winding coastal route from Nice to Monte Carlo.

Reactions: BillM

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

While I'm on the Tom Jones bandwagon, here is another torrid song about unrequited lust. The initial refrain-- overpowering brass with a choir in the background-- harkens out of one of those Cecile B. DeMille Ten Commandments Biblical blockbusters from the fifties. While Tom Jones (even in platform shoes) is several inches shorter than Charlton Heston he nevertheless has the pipes. Think of Tom Jones as Michael Bolton with balls. They both produce vaginal lubrication with women, but at least Jones doesn't leave men scratching their heads and wondering what the hell?