Couch surfing

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not sure where to place this so mods, feel free to move it accordingly!

I have hosted many younger people traveling Europe on a shoe string budget. Everyone of them have been very very cool - especially the very first.

I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and IF anything ever happened?? I'm a bit shy believe it or not to start something although I came damn close with the first guy who claimed to be straight. He didn't mind staying in his very loose boxers all the time and once he came to the gym with me and I noticed he was totally shaved smooth.

Has anyone tried Couch Surfing and if so, please tell us how it went.

voyeuristic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm an active Couchsurfing user, but one of the things I love about it is that it's a place free from sleaze - I've never felt unsafe, like someone was gonna mack on me, and it's helped me to rest easy.

Use Craigslist or gay.com or whatever to meet folks for sex - Couchsurfing should remain a hospitality site.

Thanks nudeyorker! Things have certainly changed since I was a backpacker in the mid 1990s. It was all hostels back then. I never had a problem in the hostels, and I ended up meeting and partying with a lot of cool people from all over the world. I don't think I would be too comfortable staying on a stranger's couch no matter how cheap it was. It sounds like a person could easily go missing doing this. Maybe I'm just too old school. :confused:

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Has anyone ever used Couchsurfing in any way? I've been a member for years and have hosted several guys and couples. I've only had one sexual experience in 5 years - a session with a HOT Dominican student! But here's newest twist.

A guy from the US writes me that he's coming to town and would like to crash at my place. He says that he's straight but that he's comfortable with gay men and clothing optional situations (my profile says I'm gay and that I'm a nudist). He continues by saying that he's into a little kink from time to time (his profile says "lite BDSM") and enjoys receiving massages.

So I write to him that he can stay with me, that I enjoy giving massages and that I'm curious to know more about the BDSM thingy.

He arrives tonight. I'm wondering how to approach this. Any suggestions? I mean, he said right up front that he's straight but is into lite BDSM (I have never even gone there) and likes massage. Do I offer the massage tonight? Let him ask? Ask about his interests in BDSM and let it go from there?

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, you'd think but I've hosted about 6 or 7 travelers and I've had great experiences. The last guy was a bit of a bore but other than that everyone has been super.

If you visit the webpage CouchSurfing - Participate in Creating a Better World, One Couch At A Time you can see that people receive references if they've surfed before. I always check the references before saying yes.

B_Doodleman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hosted a lot of couchsurfers this summer and none of them were even close to sexual experiences. I would be reluctant to host someone who's out for sex because if you start to think about it, they've been couchsurfing from city-to-city doing any number of things. Even though this guy is straight, his request still sounds pretty sketchy as real couch surfers are out to explore a new culture, not try out their sexual fantasies.

If sex comes from couchsurfing, it should be accidental. I think that's the best way.

Reactions: Boxersor

B_smooth_7

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Has anyone ever used this when traveling? When I lived in Prague I hosted budget travelers for about 10 years. I started a couchsurfing group here in case there are people who are interested in staying with like minded people when they travel. Check it out.

mikebm4wm

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have been surfing now for a few years and it has been a TREMENDOUS value when travelling ...made some great new friends and a great way to see the world !

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
www.CouchSurfing.org is a wonderful, safe site to meet fellow travelers... Meet people who have common interests, an interest in visiting the same places as you, and love to share with others, not just their homes, but usually meals and local info. Can't beat that!

It is not a "hook-up" site, but of course, great things can happen anywhere.

Last edited: