Couch surfing

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_thickjohnny, Aug 17, 2009.

1. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Not sure where to place this so mods, feel free to move it accordingly!

I have hosted many younger people traveling Europe on a shoe string budget. Everyone of them have been very very cool - especially the very first.

I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and IF anything ever happened?? I'm a bit shy believe it or not to start something although I came damn close with the first guy who claimed to be straight. He didn't mind staying in his very loose boxers all the time and once he came to the gym with me and I noticed he was totally shaved smooth.

Has anyone tried Couch Surfing and if so, please tell us how it went.

2. voyeuristic

voyeuristic New Member

Albums:
    I'm an active Couchsurfing user, but one of the things I love about it is that it's a place free from sleaze - I've never felt unsafe, like someone was gonna mack on me, and it's helped me to rest easy.

Use Craigslist or gay.com or whatever to meet folks for sex - Couchsurfing should remain a hospitality site.

3. AG08

Gold Member

Can someone explain "couch surfing" to me?

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

5. AG08

Gold Member

Thanks nudeyorker! Things have certainly changed since I was a backpacker in the mid 1990s. It was all hostels back then. I never had a problem in the hostels, and I ended up meeting and partying with a lot of cool people from all over the world. I don't think I would be too comfortable staying on a stranger's couch no matter how cheap it was. It sounds like a person could easily go missing doing this. Maybe I'm just too old school. :confused:

6. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Has anyone ever used Couchsurfing in any way? I've been a member for years and have hosted several guys and couples. I've only had one sexual experience in 5 years - a session with a HOT Dominican student! But here's newest twist.

A guy from the US writes me that he's coming to town and would like to crash at my place. He says that he's straight but that he's comfortable with gay men and clothing optional situations (my profile says I'm gay and that I'm a nudist). He continues by saying that he's into a little kink from time to time (his profile says "lite BDSM") and enjoys receiving massages.

So I write to him that he can stay with me, that I enjoy giving massages and that I'm curious to know more about the BDSM thingy.

He arrives tonight. I'm wondering how to approach this. Any suggestions? I mean, he said right up front that he's straight but is into lite BDSM (I have never even gone there) and likes massage. Do I offer the massage tonight? Let him ask? Ask about his interests in BDSM and let it go from there?

7. tgirlsrgreat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    it's just me, but it sounds incredibly dangerous. no telling what kind of whacko you are letting into your home. again, just me.

8. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Yeah, you'd think but I've hosted about 6 or 7 travelers and I've had great experiences. The last guy was a bit of a bore but other than that everyone has been super.

If you visit the webpage CouchSurfing - Participate in Creating a Better World, One Couch At A Time you can see that people receive references if they've surfed before. I always check the references before saying yes.

9. B_Doodleman

B_Doodleman New Member

I hosted a lot of couchsurfers this summer and none of them were even close to sexual experiences. I would be reluctant to host someone who's out for sex because if you start to think about it, they've been couchsurfing from city-to-city doing any number of things. Even though this guy is straight, his request still sounds pretty sketchy as real couch surfers are out to explore a new culture, not try out their sexual fantasies.

If sex comes from couchsurfing, it should be accidental. I think that's the best way.

10. B_smooth_7

B_smooth_7 New Member

Albums:
    Has anyone ever used this when traveling? When I lived in Prague I hosted budget travelers for about 10 years. I started a couchsurfing group here in case there are people who are interested in staying with like minded people when they travel. Check it out.

11. m8ie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I host on airbnb here in london

12. m8ie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I host on airbnb here in london

13. D_Amadeus_Mofart

D_Amadeus_Mofart Account Disabled

Didn't even know these kind of things existed, super super cool!

14. AtYourCervix10

Gold Member

Albums:
    i'm on it in hopes of meeting a wayword eastern european girl who hopes to hook up with an american dude. but never had a girl stay with me. i'd love to get certified, if someone can help there. please drop me a line.

15. mikebm4wm

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have been surfing now for a few years and it has been a TREMENDOUS value when travelling ...made some great new friends and a great way to see the world !

16. D_T_Frothingill_Bellows

D_T_Frothingill_Bellows Account Disabled

I'm a CS user, but I've never had the opportunity to host or visit.... maybe I'll try that when moving later this year... CS for a few days/weeks so I can get up on my feet before making any solid decisions

17. shroomhead77

shroomhead77 Member

Albums:
    I host here in Chicago a lot ... a couple "experiences" but most just good old fashioned hospitality! :cool:

18. ThatFellaUK

ThatFellaUK Active Member

Albums:
    Never heard of this but I really should get myself signed up for my next travels throughout Europe.

19. ActionBuddy

Gold Member

Albums:
    www.CouchSurfing.org is a wonderful, safe site to meet fellow travelers... Meet people who have common interests, an interest in visiting the same places as you, and love to share with others, not just their homes, but usually meals and local info. Can't beat that!

It is not a "hook-up" site, but of course, great things can happen anywhere.

#19 ActionBuddy, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
  20. D_Charlie_Choadholder

i just discovered airbnb...it's awesome

Draft saved Draft deleted