Cougars die younger - apparently

Keleios

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Daily Mail... renowned for it's scientific accuracy and acceptance of all things.

Likely that the lifestyle of a Cougar in entirety may contribute to longevity (or lack of it) but then is it more or less likely that a high powered businesswoman with a stressful workload, a fashion model with weight management issues, a female athlete or even a Mother with three armloads of kids and a really busy life would have similar life expectancy.

The implication of that article, using the word Cougar... is that women who sleep with younger men have a shorter life, therefore, being a Cougar is bad m'kay. Bollocks to that and continuing amusement at the Daily Mail because it's silly.

Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These studies are so funny, because its always done in some foreign land...the whole "cougar" concept is totally American, if I am not mistaken...but they choose to do it in Europe....

No offense to the sexy cougars out there, but I think cougars are more of a novelty...I would love to fuck a couple cougars in my lifetime, but I would not want to pursue a longterm relationship with one...

I am wondering what Ashton will done when his wife reaches older age

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
These studies are so funny, because its always done in some foreign land...the whole "cougar" concept is totally American, if I am not mistaken...but they choose to do it in Europe....

No offense to the sexy cougars out there, but I think cougars are more of a novelty...I would love to fuck a couple cougars in my lifetime, but I would not want to pursue a longterm relationship with one...

I am wondering what Ashton will done when his wife reaches older age

When I read the study that's actually what I wondered. I wondered if a younger man would be less loyal to an older wife and be less likely to really care for her the way a younger wife might take care of her older husband.

I've never had a boyfriend do a good job of taking care of me when I was sick. One boyfriend forgot to feed me for 12 hours after I had surgery and I was totally immobile. I was very mad.

In our relationship, TheBoyfriend is sweet, but if I didn't take care of myself, he really wouldn't. It's not because he's disloyal, it just wouldn't even occur to him, or if it does he isn't proactive about it. It's not a part of his nature. If I get sick, he's not exactly the sort of guy who is going to keep track of how many hours it's been since I've eaten last, or who is going to be bringing me soup unless I specifically asked him to do it.

Last edited:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Women live seven years (or so) longer than men on average.
Ethyl, is the difference really that great?

Edit:
Hmmm. You're not that far off.

Sex Differences

Women almost always have higher life expectancies than men. Currently, the worldwide life expectancy for all people is 64.3 years but for males it's 62.7 years and for females life expectancy is 66 years, a difference of more than three years. The sex difference ranges from four to six years in North America and Europe to more than 13 years between men and women in Russia.
The reasons for the difference between male and female life expectancy are not fully understood. While some scholars argue that women are biologically superior to men and thus live longer, others argue that men are employed in more hazardous occupations (factories, military service, etc). Plus, men generally drive, smoke and drink more than women - men are even more often murdered.
[source]
And I see, elsewhere, that here in Canada the difference is 4.7 years.

Last edited:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

someone1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The Daily Mail... renowned for it's scientific accuracy and acceptance of all things.

Likely that the lifestyle of a Cougar in entirety may contribute to longevity (or lack of it) but then is it more or less likely that a high powered businesswoman with a stressful workload, a fashion model with weight management issues, a female athlete or even a Mother with three armloads of kids and a really busy life would have similar life expectancy.

The implication of that article, using the word Cougar... is that women who sleep with younger men have a shorter life, therefore, being a Cougar is bad m'kay. Bollocks to that and continuing amusement at the Daily Mail because it's silly.

yep, this is the daily mail at its worst. spewing bullshit and trying its best to discourage anything they dont like, such as when they claimed being black gave you cancer!

and whats up with this thread, are young guys popular now? women always say they prefer older guys =/

someone1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Obviously not as lots of us prefer younger guys as the topic shows....plus surely you have had older women eye you up etc

not that ive noticed, ive slept with an older women once- now im hooked >_<
i must just be unlucky where i am or something:confused:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I started with a fifty year old when I was 20. Then a forty year old when I was 30. Now at last I have a younger man. The other is a bit older, has a year on me. Between them I am quite busy enough.

Libertiny

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
TheBF is younger than me, but a friend just recently informed me that I've now gone from cougar to MILF. :tongue:

I know I'm a MILF, (my teen aged kid's friends love me, and NO I don't touch them.:rolleyes:) but I'm not sure if I hit 'Cougar' age.
I'm 38, what's the age range of a cougar?

big_gp35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think older guys not keeping up has alot to do with not taking care of themselves. A healthy diet and exercise go a long ways to preserving youth. I'm going on 36 and have a better body, mind, job, etc than a young guy. I can go as long as any female and longer I promise. Age is a bad indicator of stamina, zest and zeal.

However, there will always be preference involved. So if that's your thing then go for it.

As for the study. I think alot of the women that refer to themselves as a "Cougar" pursue younger men in nightclubs and places not associated with good health and longevity. I guess if you go out, don't smoke, limit your alcohol, get your rest, eat healty, and exercise and F@#$ the study!