Could a Naturist/Nudism Society be the answer to obesity and other body issues?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was just thinking Could a Naturist/Nudism Society be the answer to obesity and other body issues?

I mean I know this sounds like a crazy idea, but if people had to actually LOOK at there body all the time, then maybe they would be more conscientious about what they put into it, and to exercise more and just take better care of themselves in general.

Since I know here recently as I've been hanging out with less clothes on, its made me more aware of my body, and the things that I need to work on and you realize alot quicker when you ate/drank too much the night before, and then you can eat healthier and work on the situation before it gets completely out of control.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it would do the opposite.

Yes, while it may cure some body "issues" generally, nudism might blind individuals to their own reflection. That could be a good thing, maybe not. If you ask someone to take all their clothes off, that doesn't mean they're suddenly going to get fit. People who know they will be in a bikini may do that, because they have separate goals. But to walk around entirely nude, people will reach an equilibrium, just like they do clothed. But regarding obesity, if it is a serious health concern for an individual, maybe ignorance isn't the best notion. Many people don't realize they could be doing better.

I'm all for health and wellness, but I think nudism simply make people more comfortable with their flaws rather than willing to correct any genuine issues.

Last edited:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I was just thinking Could a Naturist/Nudism Society be the answer to obesity and other body issues?

I mean I know this sounds like a crazy idea, but if people had to actually LOOK at there body all the time, then maybe they would be more conscientious about what they put into it, and to exercise more and just take better care of themselves in general.

Since I know here recently as I've been hanging out with less clothes on, its made me more aware of my body, and the things that I need to work on and you realize alot quicker when you ate/drank too much the night before, and then you can eat healthier and work on the situation before it gets completely out of control.

you answered your own question. hanging out with less clothes on has made you aware of ou own body and what you need to work on. it would only exasivate things. what would solve obesity and body issues, would be social reform where people learn that a healthy diet and excercise is the key to staying fit and that it was that 8th hamburger you just ate, not your "glandular problem" that means you cant leave the house.

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think the more that nude beaches, swimming sessions and saunas/spas that there were, the more people would accept different body shapes and the fewer people there would be with many body issues.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
If you want to know what it's like, pick any sidewalk or street corner full of pedestrians and look around. You'll see people of all sizes and shapes. Now picture them without clothing.

If you expect perfect bodies in a naturist/nudist setting, then nudism isn't for you.

Hanger2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am a lifelong nudist and try to keep myself in good shape. I am slimmer and fitter than most people my age. That is just who I am, concerned about keeping myself healthy and active, nothing to do with me being a nudist.

There are not more nor less obese people at nudist camps and beaches. There are people in all walks of life who are nice to look at and those that are not as nice to look at. My observation is that the not-so-pretty ones are more readily accepted by others who are naked than those who are clothed.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:lmao: No, absolutely not! Obviously you didn't see Oprah last week. She had on the beyond, zaftig comedienne Monique. I was pleasantly surprised to see she was down to only two chins. :redface: She stated how even at 262 pounds she still felt good about herself, had normal blood pressure and no diabetes. There are many people like she was, big but reasonably healthy.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What is wrong with some of you?
If you don't like your body change it!
People who are lifelong nudists are there because we enjoy being outdoors or indoors without our clothes on period. We aren't naked so we can see what you want or think we should change.
Fuck all that noise!
Being a nudist means you accept your body and anyone else's as it is.
There aren't any PERFECT BODIES darling!
cigarbabe:saevil: