Could I have caught an STD? Something viral? Please read.

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Over a week ago (Thursday) I brought a girl home from a club. We had (protected) sex. That weekend (Saturday night), while I was out with some friends, I started to feel a bit "off". I felt shivery, flat, drained, quite suddenly. So I made an excuse and went home.

I woke up with a terrible headache, a sore throat, and flu-like symptoms. I lay in bed for most of the day.

Now, it's been about 10 days and ever since I've felt spacey, zoned-out, loopy. My concentration is seriously screwed-- I literally have trouble reading. My vision is slightly blurry. The world seems to "vibrate". I'm terrified about this.

I got blood tests done (for my thyroid, and a bunch of other stuff, not STDs), and all came back ok. My lymph nodes are ok. I don't have Mono.

The spacey feeling is fucking terrible, and it has persisted. Like I said I have trouble reading, like my brain just cannot comprehend the words. My brain feels "heated", foggy, fuzzy. I feel like something has been knocked off kilter, like I'm perpetually hungover and doped up. I have almost zero appetite, I lost about 7 lbs in a week.

I'm awaiting further, more detailed, blood tests.

In the meantime, I notice my "pubic area" feels slightly tender, roughly the area over my bladder. This is the first time I thought "could I have gotten some kind of viral infection from that girl?"

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Doesn't sound like an STD although they do take a few days to a week to really make themselves known. I'd say a lot of it's in your head. And I know this might sound weird but Czechs think that weather definitely affects you. I've noticed since I've moved here that there are days I feel totally out of sorts (similar to what you're describing). A friend told me once that it's barometric pressure that sometimes does this to people sensitive enough to feel it. Might be an inner ear thing, who knows? But everytime I feel this way, the barometric pressure is low. Just saying....

_Rouge_

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I couldn't help but lol in a way. But I do think you're thinking into this too deeply. Sometimes the body changes in ways that we cant describe. For the longest time I swore I had hypothyroidism, come to find out I was just malnourished. I needed more iron in my diet, granted women actually need more iron than men, just making an example.

I highly doubt its an STD, and if you've taken the proper precautions and got tests done, then you should be ok.

Buck up champ.

_Rouge_

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
^ My assumption is that they would have taken his temperature and vitals at the doctors, if he had the flu, they would have told him.

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you have a temperature? Could be many things. Await the tests and keep your chin up.

No temperature; well, it's normal.
Thanks

Doesn't sound like an STD although they do take a few days to a week to really make themselves known. I'd say a lot of it's in your head. And I know this might sound weird but Czechs think that weather definitely affects you. I've noticed since I've moved here that there are days I feel totally out of sorts (similar to what you're describing). A friend told me once that it's barometric pressure that sometimes does this to people sensitive enough to feel it. Might be an inner ear thing, who knows? But everytime I feel this way, the barometric pressure is low. Just saying....

Believe me, it's not a minor thing like that. It's a severe, brain-mushing powerfully disconnected feeling, and utterly fucking terrifying. I got a brain scan for a tumour and am waiting on the results.

I couldn't help but lol in a way. But I do think you're thinking into this too deeply. Sometimes the body changes in ways that we cant describe. For the longest time I swore I had hypothyroidism, come to find out I was just malnourished. I needed more iron in my diet, granted women actually need more iron than men, just making an example.

I highly doubt its an STD, and if you've taken the proper precautions and got tests done, then you should be ok.

Buck up champ.

I know it's easy to dismiss, but believe me Rouge, this is serious shit. I can barely focus on these words, my world is vibrating. That is not an exaggeration. I've been very sick before but never anything like this. If I make a 100% recovery I will truly be a better man--I will appreciate every moment and take nothing for granted.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cant help but feel your being a little unfair on the girl Miscer

ignoring that the spacey feeling sounds a little like blood pressure high / low whatever
You make no mention of that so i have..
only saying that as those are the symptoms i tend to have until its adjusted
still dont jump to my conclusions matey, am sure they will be working on resolving your problem, providing theyre taking blood and using it for the right tests?

ALL the BEST
will be keeping your condition in mind tbh
always fret a little when someone has unexplained things happening, so i share your situation with you
enz

i loved your please read .. never seen that before lpsg
dont blame you for the desperation feeling..

Enigmuhh

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe if you had an infection, there would have been some indication in the blood tests (high white blood cell counts, interferon, etc.). And if you're showing symptoms already I'm pretty sure there's no way you would show a false negative. Like some people have stated, maybe it's in your head. Try to think of any changes to your usual habits that may have changed. I hope whatever it is gets resolved quickly. Good luck.

Dicklicker1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You are in the zone to be checked for STD's.
PLease, Please get tested for HIV. It does has those minor feelings but you will feel up and down during the beginning stages in your body. If what I knew today and the clues of feeling blue days after sex would have made me more pro to seek the cocktail to ward off the onset of the disease.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Your disorientation symptoms sound like an inner ear problem, though you should continue tests as needed to address the tenderness over your pubic area. The latter might be a bladder problem or a urinary tract infection, though how the two sets of symptoms relate is unclear.

Anyway, a few years ago, I had a sinus infection and some fluid drained into my ear. I remember being unable to lift my head up from my pillow without triggering vertigo, which triggered nausea, which made me throw up. I was bedridden for an entire morning and afternoon, and then it unexpectedly cleared up by the next morning.

That said, if your vision is bothering you that much, get your dick off LPSG and go sleep and stay hydrated! :D

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No temperature; well, it's normal.
Thanks

Believe me, it's not a minor thing like that. It's a severe, brain-mushing powerfully disconnected feeling, and utterly fucking terrifying. I got a brain scan for a tumour and am waiting on the results.

I know it's easy to dismiss, but believe me Rouge, this is serious shit. I can barely focus on these words, my world is vibrating. That is not an exaggeration. I've been very sick before but never anything like this. If I make a 100% recovery I will truly be a better man--I will appreciate every moment and take nothing for granted.

I'm sorry you are going through this. It must be hard for you. If your temperature is normal, that tends to rule out infection, but not always. Good that you have had a brain scan. My mother died of a brain tumor when I was 5. Medicine has advanced since then and outcomes are much better. Sending you positive vibes.

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
Straight up, it sounds more like someone slipped something in your drink on Saturday than something you got slipping it to a girl on Thursday. Some bad "E" or something, or some good "E" that you had a bad reaction to.

Last edited:

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Straight up, it sounds more like someone slipped something in your drink on Saturday than something you got slipping it to a girl on Thursday. Some bad "E" or something, or some good "E" that you had a bad reaction to.

He wouldn't be that sick for 10 days. Good X or bad

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
He wouldn't be that sick for 10 days. Good X or bad

If he got a big enough dose, or a strong dose, or is hypersensitive, sure he would be. Some people don't have the enzymes needed to break down these stimulants; they're the ones that in extreme cases die after one hit, or wind up in the ER with a body temperature of 106 degrees and their brains getting cooked. In my younger days, I was around the coke and meth scene enough to know. You don't take a big hit of some bad shit and clear it out overnight. It can take me 2-3 days just to clear a bad hangover.

I'm not ruling out other possibilities; I'm just raising another one. Or maybe it's one of these:

"Some people who contract HIV experience very strong symptoms, but others experience none at all. Those who do have symptoms generally experience symptoms similar to the common cold or flu: fever, fatigue, and, often, rash. Other common symptoms can include headache, swollen lymph nodes, and sore throat. These symptoms can occur within days or weeks of the initial exposure to the virus during a period called primary or acute HIV infection. Many infections that are not HIV can cause similar symptoms, including mononucleosis, viral hepatitis, other sexual transmitted infections, and viral hepatitis. Stress and anxiety can also produce similar symptoms in some people, even though they do not have HIV."

(From the University of California San Francisco Web Site)

Last edited:

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, exactly. They have a hypersensitive, life-threatening reaction. Not the history this man had described. It wasn't drugs. It might explain his altered level of consciousness for a couple days, but not for 10 days. And no doctor worth his or her salt will do a brain scan for a suspected drug overdose. It's something else.

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
Yes, exactly. They have a hypersensitive, life-threatening reaction. Not the history this man had described. It wasn't drugs. It might explain his altered level of consciousness for a couple days, but not for 10 days. And no doctor worth his or her salt will do a brain scan for a suspected drug overdose. It's something else.

Well, I'm glad you're so sure. That'll help the OP feel much better.

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you for the input.

srdude007, I appreciate your comments.

OP, have you ever had a tick bite? Lyme disease can cause a wide variety of symptoms that frequently elude diagnosis, in my case for fourteen years.

I haven't. Can you elaborate? I feel nauseous with worry. My symptoms abated a little today and I got very excited but now they're back full force :frown1: