could my size be the issue

prepky

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hello all......we we have been trying for a baby for about 3 months, and yesterday we was 5 days late with aunt flow.....so off to wally world for the test....and yes it was a big negative. So yesterday we was talking about what could be the problem and something that she brought up was that could be the issue is that when I have an orgasm; that there is no room in her for the sperm to pool. that it is forced out of her during my orgasm (I have noticed this too). During sex I am at the bottom of her and there is no room left for the sperm to go, and on the out stroke I am afraid that I am pulling most of it back out. Now I realize that it only takes one little guy to get the job done, but I want as many as possible to be left in there...hehehehe. So last night I only went in 1/2 way and on the out strock, I made sure that I kept my foreskin retracted. The she layed there with her knees to her chest so that the sperm doesn run out of her. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Prep

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
prepky, I seriously doubt your size per se is complicating things all that much, but its understandable you took those "extra steps" to assure every possiblity of insemination. I have read over the years about, how to better assure success, women might want to do exactly as your wife did and lay still and stay in similar positions as you described. Don't feel too silly or ashamed about your sharing this with us. I don't believe any of us are "sex experts" ...or is that "sex-perts" ? ;)

The possibility of having a low sperm count is nothing to be ashamed of either--should that be the case. A simple test would do wonders for just helping you know for sure! If you should prove low, it isn't a kiss of death or a blow to your masculinity. It's no more than another "health matter"...that's all.

Getting pregnant is a shared project of course. BOTH of you have to have things in good order and working favorably! It should be taken as no disgrace should either of you find something even slightly amiss which more than likely can be remedied without too much ado. Many couples seek medical counsel and it saves them winding up becoming overly wrought--frustrated with each other and near starting the blame game. So, don't let that happen! There's so much (new!) wisdom out there in medicine about "making babies" (helping couples get pregnant) that in thinking about it here, it seems a shame to waste that info (if it could help you.)

Getting pregnant is always a matter of "things being just right"....timing (with her cycle) and just the shear miracle of Mr. Sperm meeting Ms. Egg at just the right precise moment. Nonetheless, even the healthiest, most fertile couples still have to allow for favorable conditions from both partners' efforts. Remember, it's a shared experience. Your size shouldn't directly determine impregnation potential.
While there could be some unique considerations perhaps... or, not--, if the semen is indeed entering her vagina; and the sperm are plentious, healthy, and mobile! then as a man you're certainly doing YOUR part! ;)

There could be some undetected reasons within your wife's "inside tract" which complicate your sperm being able to join her eggs...alkaline levels out of whack, other "body chemical imbalances", that kind of thing goin on which again, an MD could help figure out. Don't give up. But, don't delay seeking some wisdom either, if you continue to see no results. This subject is too important to each of you personally and to both of you of course, as a couple. There's a kind of a deeply engrained (quite natural!) psychological need in each one of us...just KNOWING that we can procreate, if we ever want to. And, that's why this matters....so much.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Size has no bearing on someone getting pregnant. The first time my hubby and I tried, it took us 10 months....the second time only took 2.

A book was highly recommended to me and I share it with anyone and everyone that I can who is trying: Taking Charge of your Fertility - Toni Weschler. It is THE bible of getting pregnant. And just to let you know, the average for fertile couples to conceive is one year....don't worry yet. It's actually a lot longer process than you would think.

One of the basics from the book is when she has "egg-white" like discharge....hop on it! That is her most fertile time. Legs up after intercourse is a good thing as well. The best thing for you guys is track your cycle (taught from the book) and she'll know when her most fertile days are.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
I agree with most of what's been said. It's far too soon to worry, and I'm sure your size won't be an issue in this respect. Though I have heard the old wives' (husbands'?) tale that extreme depth of penetration favours the conception of boys.

Just one other thought — I have known a few couples who paid a great deal of anxious attention to the precise optimum moment in the ovulation cycle ... and in more than one instance that caused a heck of a lot of trouble. Nothing is more guaranteed to ruin sex from the male point of view than being required to perform according to the clock or indeed the calendar.

In my view, all you need to worry about for months to come is just to make sure you are getting lots of sex. Good luck!

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Max@Jul 18 2004, 03:30 PM
Though I have heard the old wives' (husbands'?) tale that extreme depth of penetration favours the conception of boys.

Just one other thought — I have known a few couples who paid a great deal of anxious attention to the precise optimum moment in the ovulation cycle ... and in more than one instance that caused a heck of a lot of trouble.
Both of these points are also correct! It's not actually a wive's tale but true about the deeper penetration favors boys - that's why they suggest dog style for boys and missionary for girls. Also, and you'll think this is strange...but if you want a boy, the man should drink a cup a coffee a little bit before sex....it gives the sperm a jolt and I swear that was one of the things that worked for us.

As for the second point, I think I was pretty stressed about about trying to get pregnant and that is why it took us so long the first time. I know it's hard to do, but try not to get wrapped up in it too much.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
One trick is with birth control pills: Take them for a couple months, then stop for a few days and try to get pregnant then. Also, make sure you cum before she does, and make sure she lies down after sex: There's some evidence that the female orgasm "sucks up" semen into the uterus, and simple anatomy would say that standing up afterward would remove some semen. None of these is enough to prevent pregnancy by themselves, but every bit of help with fertility is good.

Jon (Why is it pregnancy never happens to those who want it?)

Pappy

Media
Also having sex every night is bad when trying to concieve. It takes the male 24 hours to fully recharge the gun so to speak. He can still ejaculate but he will shoot a blank. At least that's what the doctor told me and my ex when we we're trying for number 2. One month after we started having sex everyother night we were pregnant. There must also be some truth to the depth thing as I have fathered only boys, three of them to be exact.

kenny:
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Jul 19 2004, 01:23 AM
but if you want a boy, the man should drink a cup a coffee a little bit before sex....it gives the sperm a jolt
.... nice story.

kenny: and pappy i dont know how true what your doctor said is either. otherwise effective birth control would mean the guy having a wank every 24 hours.... fuck the condoms baby i had a beat last nite :D hehe

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Kenny, it does help to abstain to improve sperm count, but it is not effective as birth conrol because frequent orgasms only reduce sperm count, not eliminate it. If a couple is in fact trying to conceive, it will stack the odds more in their favor, but this is not to say that frequent wanking will make you shoot blanks!

prepky

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
thanks gang for the comments.....I was completely in aw of the coffee comment...I really really would like a son.....wife does ultrasound at a childrens hospital and tells me to "just make sure it is healthy"....she sees sick babies all day long

prep

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by prepky@Jul 19 2004, 09:05 PM
thanks gang for the comments.....I was completely in aw of the coffee comment...I really really would like a son
i know, i know...it sounds funny, but here..

"(One drug that may actually help you conceive a boy: Coffee. Let male not female drink strong caffeinated coffee 30 minutes before the intercourse to improve your odds for a boy.)"

Hit Ctrl and F on your keyboard at the same time, type in "coffee" and it'll take you right to the comment. There's other "boy tips" there too.

I found another site where Shettles had recommended it as well and he's sort of known as the "father of pre-conception sex choice" theories.

hey, if you were like us, you'd try anything to get that boy. My hubby was a jet pilot in the navy and pilots tend to have a lot more girls since they pull a lot of "Gs" while flying. So we read up on all that we could to help us get that boy w/o ending up with 3 girls first.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It's abstaining for four days; after that, "attacker sperm", which attack other men's sperm, become prodominant. So, 10 days after her period, start to abstain. Then four days after that, have sex.

Oh, did you know the clock was invented so that a Chinese royal couple could conceive on an astrologically-correct day?

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd have to point out to abstain for 10 days after the FIRST day of her period, otherwise you'll most likely miss the typical ovulation date of day 13-15. But it really depends on her cycle since not all women are the same.

wvalady1968: Prepky, there's some fact and quite a bit of fiction here. Actually, with each pregnancy you have a 50:50 chance of getting either gender.

Do your research. Three months of trying is no time at all. The fertility experts tell you to try for a year before going to them.

Google "fertility tips".

And good luck!!
:)

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not to directly refute you WV, but things certainly can have an effect on the sex of your child. Shettles method alone yields an average of 75-80% for a girl and 80-90% for a boy and that's with 30 yrs of data.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by wvalady1968@Jul 21 2004, 05:38 PM
Prepky, there's some fact and quite a bit of fiction here. Actually, with each pregnancy you have a 50:50 chance of getting either gender.

Do your research. Three months of trying is no time at all. The fertility experts tell you to try for a year before going to them.

Google "fertility tips".

And good luck!!
:)
We're talking about getting pregnant in general.

There's also a .4% chance of dizygotic twins, and among those, a 50:50 chance of one boy and one girl. Also, there's about a .1% of getting a hermaphrodite of some variety; if born in the hospital, the doctors will perform a clitoridectomy and turn the child into a girl.

kenny:
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Jul 22 2004, 02:42 AM
Not to directly refute you WV, but things certainly can have an effect on the sex of your child. Shettles method alone yields an average of 75-80% for a girl and 80-90% for a boy and that's with 30 yrs of data.
i think you should quote some sources on this because every piece of medical literature i have read disagrees with this statment