could you live with being settled for?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I have never had a man leave me; I'm alone because I'm tired of being used, abused, taken for granted, and I don't think wanting to be loved and to love with all my heart and soul is an unrealistic or bad thing to seek. I *know* how to love; all I ask is a man who also knows how to.

I didn't say that it was a bad thing to seek, I was simply saying that most people have to compromise something at some point, as you did for 41 years, so have many others, men and women.

Re the bold, you did say before that you wanted it all, is that the all that you want?

D_Tina_Ciao

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yep - don't give a hang about material possessions, wealth, power, fame, etc. Don't care what a man HAS, just what he IS - looking for a quality man. I do need 2-way chemistry, but have not found ONE man who can rock my boat. (Men seem less picky - lots are attracted to me but I'm not attracted to them - chemistry has to be both ways.)

I just need a man who's (big, hung/sexy and intelligent of course) *able and willing* to love and be loved deeply and well. No shallow men.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Deep emotion can get scary. As the song says, many also say,

Shove me in the shallow water
Before I get too deep....

The risk of hurt can never be wholly eliminated except when nerves are shielded by solitude.

D_Tina_Ciao

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am unafraid, completely, of being hurt - I would rather be loved deeply and well-appreciated, and be mortally wounded, than not to feel anything and be safe treading shallow waters. Give me deep emotions, oceans and mountains.

I don't want protection - I want to experience life in ALL it's fullness - even if the pain is never wholly eliminated. I will reach out while I live and if I'm hurt, again, I will still open my arms and my heart and reach out.

nitesleeze

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think i would rather be alone. I already dont think highly of myself and in order for me to feel content about myself i need someone else to help me feel that. as pathetic as it sounds its true. For me to know how my partner would feel about me would eat at me continually and I would never want to rob someone of true happiness even if that means i need to sacrifice my own. Even though being alone is detrimental for me.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Absolutely not, I'm a pretty wild woman and have had a few relationships that didn't work because the guy couldn't cope with my personality, I can't deal with that for too long but I'm happy to say that I've found someone who can tame me and we've been married for almost 7 years now :p:D

Reactions: Mike hung

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
No way could I live with being "settled for", or in a relationship of convenience. I'd rather be alone.

I think most people would be happier, and most relationships better and longer-lasting, if people would sort themselves and their own lives out first rather than looking at a relationship as a solution to all of their problems.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No way could I live with being "settled for", or in a relationship of convenience. I'd rather be alone.

I think most people would be happier, and most relationships better and longer-lasting, if people would sort themselves and their own lives out first rather than looking at a relationship as a solution to all of their problems.

I think the previous generations, think your parents, felt a social pressure to get married and "settle down" because there was a stigma against those who didn't do so. I think the current up and coming young crowd doesn't feel the necessity to get married and therefore many of us will live our own lives as we see fit.

Beedie Tijii

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if your partner was not really attracted to you,
they didn't really love you,
they didn't enjoy sex with you,
or they were just scared of leaving?

could you live like that?
is the most important thing ''keeping'' them,
or would you rather be alone?
I would rather be alone. It's fair to say that I have been down that road before. Never again though; sometimes you just have to believe in yourself that the loneliness will be temporary.

Reactions: Galloper

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Back on topic:

Life is too short to live in a totally unhappy relationship. They all have ups and downs, but love trumps all. (Forgive me. I've said that prior to the recent elections... so don't give me grief for the phrase. )

I'd rather be happy alone than unhappy with someone who couldn't/ wouldn't reciprocate my feelings.

Reactions: Dollydud

Dollydud

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
“I’m with you because I’m scared . Sex with you is joyless, You’re unattractive and I do not love you.”

“I’ll settling for that! :)

....You both should be scared. Scared of yourself and your partner. How could you say that to someone? And even more mind boggling how could you both be okay with it/ stay in that relationship? Sounds like emotional abuse to me.

Reactions: insert_8

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
if your partner was not really attracted to you,
they didn't really love you,