Could you ?

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know some who have lived off the land for short periods of time. As for me, I would die quickly without insulin or even sunscreen, as I cannot tan. With all these predictions of society's collapse, it might be a good idea to learn what plants in our yards and woods are edible. I can't even gut a fish.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know some who have lived off the land for short periods of time. As for me, I would die quickly without insulin or even sunscreen, as I cannot tan. With all these predictions of society's collapse, it might be a good idea to learn what plants in our yards and woods are edible. I can't even gut a fish.

When worrying about what plants and mushrooms to eat etc you had better do ALOT of research. Some plants look like others and can be deadly. I would be alive like 3 days in the wild. A) I hate being outside B) I hate being in the sun C) I hate sweating D) Cutting my way thru the wild is better left to a certain type of rality tv that I wouldn't even watch.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've thought about it from time to time. My worst fear is outliving the ability to earn an income and savings. Not that homelessness at this stage of my life is something I'd relish and look forward to.

The way things are going, it's where many are, losing their job away from a similar forced situation ? This guy did it voluntarily, I couldn't do that. As the situation worsened, I'd have to weigh my options at each point I guess. But to a large extent, if it was involunatary, what could you do to end/stop it from happening ?

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
COULD YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT MONEY?MEET THE GUY WHO DOES: DETAILS Article on men.style.com

I really classify what he does as homelessness ? He still gets freebies from society so he isn't really on a deserted island surviving like Tom Hanks in Castaway.

I have to agree,this guy is just a homeles bumm!:frown1:

If pushed to it,I can knap my own knife from stone.Then make a spear, axe and bow.With these tools I can house,feed and cloth myself and family.:cool:Until that day comes I will indulge in A/C and beer.Pringles are great too!

This college boy is just having fun playing cave man,getting freebies along the way.:rolleyes: