Couldn't happen to me

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm very embarrassed that it happened to me, but it did, it's over, and I'm going to get through it.

I am a victim of a cyberstalker, and I am partially responsible for allowing it to happen. It was definitely a case of too much information on my part.

My weakness: I love talking to people and sharing, and when I talk with nice people I feel like we might share the same ideas. Well, I'm 40 and should be old enough to know better, but here we are.

I made a silly mistake of uploading a photo that I used for a Facebook account - and it wasn't even my account. It was for a non-profit group I work with. But the guy found the account and tried to "friend" me there. I didn't think it would be a good idea for all of the volunteers to know that I come to a site like this, so I really freaked out.

I seriously thought about just quitting cold turkey, but as my husband says "then the terrorist would win." So, I'm making baby steps.

I read my husband's (Captain Elephant) post and I was so humbled by the outpouring of good wishes that I actually cried! See, most of you are very nice people, and I love talking with you. So how could I stay away!

I'm going to be a lot more careful now, so if you've PMed me in the past I might be a little more stand-offish than I used to be. Sorry about that.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i've had creepy fuckers follow me from here to other sites. though i was less freaked. something about this site... there are some really great guys here, but it also seems to attract the lowest of the low. the mouth breathing pond scum, the predators and stalkers. pity.

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm so sorry this happened to you Ellie, but I'm glad you're moving on from it. It was considerate of you and your hubby to share your experience - it certainly opened my eyes to the risks.

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ellie, I am sorry this has happened to you and I am glad you still decided to stay. You are one of the nicest posters here and it's a shame someone used this against you.
Something to cheer you up, a pair from the new fall collection:

Manolo Blahnik Oppure Sandal - Neiman Marcus

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is so good to have you back. I missed smiling face and cogent input.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As the veteran of several cyberstalkers myself, I'm so very glad to see you've returned, E. Consider a (non-creepy) kiss blown in your direction.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ellie, I've suffered the same myself, but in the form of an ex partner, and it spilled on to these very forums, and also continues on to this very day, thankfully now though, no longer involving these forums.

Don't let the bastards grind you down, and don't let em beat you, by making you run from sites, such as here.

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh I LOVE red. How about I buy you the shoes and sneak them into your shoe closet when Cap isn't home? Just act like you've always had them, he wont notice a new pair of shoes under your other hundred or so :biggrin1:
How about those:
Christian Louboutin - shop online pigalili pot pourri silver

Or............the whole frigging website!:wink:

OMG, Pandora!!! You're a devil! Now I'm full of lust and wondering how in heaven's name I can hide the sales slip from Cap! I want them, pleeeeeeeeease! Baby, I'll do your favorite for a week!

OK, I'll even settle for Manolo Blahnik Patent Pointed-Toe Slingback - Neiman Marcus

Flash_J

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Im pretty sure you can block him on FaceBook. That way you, and your organization will be safe from further contact with the individual.

Be safe

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yay! Welcome back you ray of sunshine you! *hugs*

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All of you are so sweet, and I appreciate your support so much. I know I kind of overreacted, but it just shook me up. I'm better now. The shoes helped!!! LOL!

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
That is so creepy and weird. I'm sorry that happened to you! I go as far about leaving out random life details for fear of being IDed.

Now, if you give me your full name, address, phone number, measurements, social security number and nude photos, I will send you a sympathy card!

:wink: