Country boys

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just sex, right, OB? :tongue:

NCbear (who likes that menacing pic of OB, backlit, showing his tremendous shoulders and that shaved head)

:fing02::saevilw: You got it buddy!:biggrin1:

I had to take my pics down for a while, but I have some new-n-improved ones locked and loaded for another day:wink:

Take care big Daddy...

...OB

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not sure about 'everything' growing bigger in the country, but this country boy sure grew bigger than most. :wink:

Btw ladies, I have muscles and get sweaty too! :tongue:

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From a small town in Vermont to living in the country near what became a very large city in California, my interest in wilderness became paramount. I could not live in a city or even in the middle of a small town. Woods, meadows and free flowing water are very important to me.

But what is your definition of a country boy? I don't like country music, I don't go to bars or drink alcohol for that matter and I haven't built or mended fence in years, I don't ride a horse or wear shit kickers. I do live in the country.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Raised in the country on a farm but lived in the big city of Houston for many years while growing up. The city doesn't have as many advantages of the country but it does have it's perks.

Now I live waaaaaaaaaayyyy out in the sticks, and have a ranch with 16 horses. Much nicer, quiter, and I have lots of room to roam naked if I want. (and I do!!)
:)~

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am a country girl, and been with plenty of country boys. They are strong, good at fixing stuff, sweet, good to their Momma's, mannerly, and all that. That said, I'm on to city boys now. Hehe. Country boys have a down side too (generalizing here, of course)....they can be possessive, controlling, small minded, out of touch with feminine needs, a bit over board with testosterone driven activities i.e.: shooting guns, strength contests with their buddies, treating women like property.

While I've found city boys to be a much needed change in my life....I am flexible, and there a few exceptions to this country boy rule. I've met a few that have that country boy appeal without all the barbaric additives. I'd hate to rule out the country boy because there is nothing like being bent over a hay bail, or bouncing up and down on a tractor seat....both things I have done, and enjoyed :wink:

On the conturary..The point of this thread is to show my admiration for the country folk. I love the drawl when you speak, the swagger in your walk and the reasurring look in your eye as you say "it'll be ight"..

who could resist the wide open spaces, the horses, the leather goods, and the smell of the hay bail that he's just about to fuck you on

I feel a holiday comming on :tongue:

Fixed that for ya Lee :smile: In the country "alright" is pronounced "ight" with a long drawl on the "I" :wink:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL! Well now some of your favorite folks here would qualify as country boys. Yeee haaaaw! Both of my parents grew up on farms and I feel so very lucky to have been raised by them. The good old fashioned values imparted can not be replaced. So I think I may be a bit partial. We still have both of the farms intact. So if I pay taxes on farms in two different states does that make me a country girl? LOL!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not obsessed with cars and beer...
:) ...OB Too bad, I've always had a thing for muscle cars and the men who repair, restore; and drive them. :flirt: :05:

They know the value of a hard day's labour.
They're always willing to help a friend. (Like helping take in a neighbour's crop.)
They're more about cooperation than competition. (see above)
They know how to fix just about anything. (You might simply buy a new iPod, not so a tractor)
They're courteous. (Their mom knew everybody else's mom, they knew they weren't getting away with shit)
They are physically strong. (lifting hay bales will do that)
They have personal fortitude. (farming is not an easy life)
They're good problem solvers. (we can dance around with concepts 'til the cows come home, but if there is something that needs to be done they can see what it is and how to do it)
They possess hidden wisdom. (do you know what to do when a cow's tail comes up?) Yes, I do. I grew up in a town with more horses and chickens than people.

Possible drawbacks, again, just from my own experience.
Beer and an obsession with cars. Tis true

Is it true that EVERYTHING grows bigger in the country? Taller maybe, but not always broader :tongue:
My ex had the right tool to get the job done but it doesn't follow that working with livestock will make a man similarly equipped. Or as they say in Jersey, "he doesn't have to be a plumber; but he has to know how to lay pipe." :biggrin1:

ReRil998

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What I know of country boys is from my ex-fiance, who grew up on a dairy farm, and the people I met through him.

They know the value of a hard day's labour.
They're always willing to help a friend. (Like helping take in a neighbour's crop.)
They're more about cooperation than competition. (see above)
They know how to fix just about anything. (You might simply buy a new iPod, not so a tractor)
They're courteous. (Their mom knew everybody else's mom, they knew they weren't getting away with shit)
They are physically strong. (lifting hay bales will do that)
They have personal fortitude. (farming is not an easy life)
They're good problem solvers. (we can dance around with concepts 'til the cows come home, but if there is something that needs to be done they can see what it is and how to do it)
They possess hidden wisdom. (do you know what to do when a cow's tail comes up?)

Possible drawbacks, again, just from my own experience.
Beer and an obsession with cars.

I've spent my entire life in Alabama (born and raised) so I guess you can say that I am a "country boy", and honestly, this list is full of lies and misconceptions.

1.) No, "they" ("they" being associated with the stereotypical "country boy") know the value of a hard physical-day's labor. They don't really see value of mental work, and it is undeniably reflected in the local school systems.

2.) They are willing to help other like-minded "country boys". They are extremely intolerant of "different" people.

3.) Hah, thats a laugh. I've never seen a more rowdy group than a gathering of "country boys", and competition is all they know half of the time.

4.) They know how to fix anything involving cars and motors, and thats not exactly an exclusive trait to southern men. A lot of guys know how to do that - myself included.

5.) They're courteous to those they accept as their own. Again, they are extremely intolerant of people who aren't like them.

6.) A lot of guys are. There are a lot of physically straining jobs out their, farm work isn't the only one.

7.) Not really. Rampant insecurity plagues the masses with impunity 'round here.

8.) No they aren't. I can't tell you how many people dropped out of high school when I was growing up, and how many more didn't go to college. Now, I know you probably are referencing general problems, but even then its not like that is a trait exclusive to southerners.

9.) What hidden wisdom? The only wisdom I ever see on a day to day basis, even reading between the lines of their poorly written "scripts", involves their "hidden" refrains and empty ideologies of isolation.

I may make this sound a bit generalized or even stereotypical, but no more than the rest of this thread already has. Southerners are very closed minded, and extremely intolerant. I remember back in high school I used to hang out with this kid named Jamie. He was really cool, but he was bisexual. He was not very open about it, but word got out. Well, we both got the shit kicked out of us, him for being bi and me for associating with him. Thats not all though, I had many more occurrences like this. Religious fanaticism is pretty abundant down here as well, not to mention a mind-boggling amount of hypocrisy relating to said religion affiliations. Being an atheist in the country is just as hard as being gay, if not worse at times. Then, of course, seeing all the Bush supporters almost made me want to kill myself...

You over glorify the south and over generalize it too. Sure, I may have countered with the same stereotyping method, but for a damn good reason.

D_Neeson Niceone

Experimental Member
Media
"Thank gawd Ima country boy!"

Except now I live in the city, ah wells. My family has a ranch in Montana I go back to every year for a few weeks and it's like I never left. Though most of my life I grew up in Georgia. I like cars...but not as much as planes :p. So I really don't know what I am.