• Nah ... I hate that stuff.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Never even heard any of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
I've been listening to a lot of country music lately. Don't know how long this will last, 'cause I tend to jump from one thing to another, but I've been watching videos on CMT (Country Music Television) and even downloading some stuff. I'd also like to point out how SMOKIN' hot some of the people in country videos are these days!

So how about you ... do you like country music? Hate it? Listen some but could take it or leave it? Or maybe never ever heard any?

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love country but I'm more old skool. Bob Wills, Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn and that ilk. Love hillbilly. Not so much a fan of modern country which is just pop w/a semi twang.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I loved Hank Williams and Eddie Arnold, and a few other old-school guys. "Country" acts these days are watered-down variants of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Rockabilly I love, but it's technically not actually country. I consider Johnny Cash more of a rockabilly performer, and I adore his music.

I love what it was, but pretty much detest what it's become.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
love some country music. southern rock, rockabilly, the old school and bluegrass own prime real estate on my ipod. does gordon lightfoot fall under the country music banner?

not a fan of the current top 40 country music.

ML

one of my favorite songs of all time.

YouTube - Marty Robbins - El Paso (1959)

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i didn't think so. thanks Hells. country music is pretty sprawling genre now days.

i'll just stick with "i love music, just not every song i hear".

ML

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Country-western music has roots in R&B, blues, soul, and gospel. It is American. I am not much of a fan. But some songs are noddable. I really love the Dixie Chicks. Those girls have nerve. Those women are truly a part of THE WOMAN EMPIRE.

I do like Dolly Parton's songs. They are very soulful.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I loved Hank Williams and Eddie Arnold, and a few other old-school guys. "Country" acts these days are watered-down variants of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Rockabilly I love, but it's technically not actually country. I consider Johnny Cash more of a rockabilly performer, and I adore his music.

I love what it was, but pretty much detest what it's become.
I've always been a classic rock girl but my mom has always been a fan of clasic country and R&B. Unlike many I don't despise country music, but I think I prefer the classic country to Rock-a-billy or Blue Grass. I do enjoy some of the country/pop crossover hits.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
See I'm a HUGE rockabilly fan. I can't get enuf. I haven't listened to commercial radio in like 25 yrs when new wave ended and all you could find on the radio was rap and that crap. I like Mary J and a few contemporary artists bt to me nothing compares to old skool 50s, rockabilly, country etc. Oh yes Hell to the Marty Robbins!