Country Line Dancing: Can You Do It?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As most of you know Truckertexman and I have been seeing each other for a few months now. We have a lot in common and get a long really well. He's been telling me since our first date that he wants to take me country line dancing. I told him I love to dance but I have no sense of rhythm. He told me he was a good dancer. His friends and even his sister have told me he's a really good dancer. To say that I am a mediocre dancer is giving me way too much credit. :redface: So everytime he brings up going line dancing I say sure babe and kiss him, then he forgets about dancing. :biggrin1: :flirt: Or so I thought. :rolleyes:That's the problem with dating super smart men you never know what they are thinking. :cool::tongue:

WellTruckertexman and I went line dancing at Cowboy's Thursday night and had a blast. :smile: I totally sucked at it and he literally danced circles around me w/o even breaking a sweat. :lmao:

Remember, I warned him that I had no sense of rhythm, but I loved to dance. He didn't believe me until he saw me in action. I don't think I broke any of his toes; :redface: but twice I almost sent us both crashing to the floor when he tried to dip me. :biggrin1: I warned him no fancy stuff, so technically that was his own fault. :tongue:

Y'all have no idea how stressful it is to be at a club and know that all the white people are watching you expecting you to throw down and you have no sense of rhythm. :frown1: Once I got over my initial embarassment, I really let loose and threw myself into learning how to line dance. That's when I somehow got my legs intertwined with his and we almost fell down. :redface: :lmao:

There were many laughs, lots of grabbing, and some groping. :naughty: Apparently girls aren't supposed to grab the guys butt when doing the Tush Push. :biggrin1: The funniest part was when he thought tapping the beat on my shoulder would help me to keep the beat. :rofl:

By the end of the night I could do a decent Texas Two Step and was on my way to a passable Cupid Shuffle. I want to learn the Watermelon Crawl next that looks fun.

Can you line dance?
Is there anything your lover enjoys doing that you suck at and vice versa?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
come to texas where all of this is learned at birth :biggrin1: hehe
And therein lies the problem, my beau is from Texas and I am from New Jersey.:cool:
God no and I have no idea why anyone would want to.
I used to think that too because I thought it was like the square dancing they made us do in high school. :mad: It's actually quite different. I had a great time.

I used to think that too because I thought it was like the square dancing they made us do in high school. :mad: It's actually quite different. I had a great time.

You are being brainwashed!! Get out now while you still can!!

Denby

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I never had an interest in line dancing mostly because it took off in popularity about the time of Billy Ray Cyrus and Achy Breaky Heart that alone soured me to it. I learned square dancing in elementary school and it was lots of fun. What better way for a 10 year old to get to touch girls and occasionally dance with boys? There were more boys in class so we had to partner up with boys at times which I found exciting even if it seemed peculiar. It didn't matter though and I looked forward to Monday and Wednesday gym class for most of the fifth grade.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
My wife loves to dance ... and I have two left feet.

We're different in a lot of those ways; she's got some hobbies that take incredible detail-focus and precision; I don't have the attention span. I like public speaking; she's terrified to talk to a small group.

Somehow, it works, though!

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have many skills, and I discovered dancing is NOT one of them...

sure, the romantic slowdance- sure (no pressure), tho I have told "too much liquor" can cause me to dance (I have no memories of it and no incriminating video thank god)

so add me to the '2 left feet' club..

I have a theory...maybe the swinging appendage throws off my rhytm..yeah..thats it..blame genetics!

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Y'all have no idea how stressful it is to be at a club and know that all the white people are watching you expecting you to throw down and you have no sense of rhythm. :frown1:

It's no different from going out on the town as a gay man and having younger, "fresher," in-style twinky types look at you funny because your classic style isn't as up-to-date as theirs.

NCbear (who knows plenty of people who don't fit into their stereotyped boxes--and who thinks most of the 1970s-inspired "fashion" that's on the street these days looks like a pimp and a crack ho and Liberace had a threesome and a resulting lovechild who became a retro clothing designer)

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To get back to the original question, I have a better sense of rhythm than my lover does, but he grew up dancing ballroom-style in Mexico and always wants to lead. (NOTE: I do not go backward like that very successfully on the dance floor. That's why he thinks I don't know how to dance.)

He of course holds, points, and shoots with a camera better than I do (my hands shake). But him being a photographer, I guess you'd expect that.

And I can sing rather well, but he can't carry a tune.

NCbear (who misses making music--as a member of his church choir growing up, as a trombone player in various marching bands, and as a piano player with more than a decade of instruction)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have many skills, and I discovered dancing is NOT one of them...

I have a theory...maybe the swinging appendage throws off my rhytm..yeah..thats it..blame genetics!
I blame my lack of rhythm on growing up in a white neighborhood. :tongue:

I was dating a girl who kept taking me to a line dancing club. And I always refused to go out there (I dont dance anyway) but it looked all too confusing and complicated to me.
That's silly, you have to at least try new things. :tongue: It's not like she wanted you to go sky diving. To the best of my knowledge line dancing is rarely if ever fatal. :cool:

A friend of mine has a serious country line dancing addiction.

He had to enroll in a two-step program.

Ahahahahahaha. I got a million of 'em.

ROTFLMAO :lmao:

To get back to the original question, I have a better sense of rhythm than my lover does, but he grew up dancing ballroom-style in Mexico and always wants to lead. (NOTE: I do not go backward like that very successfully on the dance floor. That's why he thinks I don't know how to dance.)
I always wondered how gay men decided who was gonna lead . . . :tongue:

NCbear (who misses making music--as a member of his church choir growing up, as a trombone player in various marching bands, and as a piano player with more than a decade of instruction)
Follow your muse, you should make music again.

heist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ballroom/social dancing is a lot of fun!

Past a certain point, if you're following, you just have to trust your partner and not seize up -- if he knows what he's doing, he'll take care of you. :)

But then again, I avoid following because it's too stressful... :O

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Good on ya for trying! Organized dancing like that is hard. Well, perhaps the hardest part is jumping in. All fun from thereon in :D The good news is that rhythm can be taught. You just keep with the line dancing and you'll get it!

My bf definitely has a much different set of fears than I do. He loves water and doesn't mind amusement park rides. I hate heights and water. Sooo we went to a water park last summer (naturally) and yes, I went down all the water slides he did! We also went hiking yesterday which turned ugly when we got to some rock. He's done rock climbing before - I hate heights. He has the same sense of adventure as a 5 year old - I hate heights. He has exceptional upper-body strength - yeah, you get the point. I did it, and now I'd love to do more rock climbing!