country music studs

acdog15

Experimental Member
Media
I have Garth Brooks' "Chris Gaines" CD. I liked the fact that a country western artist took a risk and did a project that was totally outside his genre. I really wished that he was supported with that.

There are CW fans that are so die-hard that the slightest deviation from the music form breeds contempt...but I can listen to country music but not be mad if an artist changes direction. A lot of fans do not truly understand artists...and the art of creativity and volition. But that doesn't translate well when it comes to commercial country music. Because people want absolutes...definitive aesthetics.

They want their Garth with a cowboy hat and jeans. Singing his country songs onstage with his Takemine guitar. They don't want Garth in harlequin goth and leather...singing rock, pop and R&B songs.

I think country music was different back when Garth attempted the whole Chris Gaines thing. Back then, country actually sounded country and listeners were still trying to adapt to the new mainstream pop country that was starting to take over due to the massive success of Shania Twain and Faith Hill.

Had Garth tried the Chris Gaines thing now, I think it would've been a little more successful since country is basically just pop music mixed with a steel guitar...I mean come on, Taylor Swift is considered country and there is nothing country about her. I think it was just too big of a change too soon for some country fans.

Reactions: invisibleman

btlcrkm28

1st Like
Media
I am in a related business and have to say that Paisley is THE most down to earth guy I have met in the industry. Not a shred of ego...just genuinely fun to hang around.

dancinguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ok, I guess I am the only one that likes the older, daddy types..GEORGE STRAIT THE KING of country...muther fucker..I would drink his bathwater, lick his teeth and dive into his eyes....

Reactions: Lrd

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ok, I guess I am the only one that likes the older, daddy types..GEORGE STRAIT THE KING of country...muther fucker..I would drink his bathwater, lick his teeth and dive into his eyes....

Oh, man. George Strait...what a DILF! I saw PURE COUNTRY on CMT last week or so. Those painted on jeans were scandalous. :eek: