Dolly Parton " Hard CAndy Christmas "
Hank Williams Jr. " A countryboy can Survive"

Throw in some Waylon and Merle and the world just looks better

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Love, love, early (30s-60s) recorded Country (Hank Williams, Buck Owens, Ray Charles), Bluegrass (Carter Family), and Country-Folk, like Appalachian style. I'll save my favorite Bluesy Country artists for a Blues thread, there are just too many.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I like a wide field of musical genres, but I am a big Country Western fan. I especially like traditional, new traditional, old time classic C/W, roots, mountain music and bluegrass. Not so much the overcommercialized country/pop crossover crap that's been the radio mainstay for awhile now, though I think more original artists with unique sounds have been breaking through again lately. The CMA's and the ACM's are about the only entertainment awards shows I can sit through to the end anymore.

I watched Urban Cowboy once...does that count?
No, not really. Are you sure you're Southern? You can be deported, you know.

what do yawl think of Gyneth P being "Country Strong".... you know her husband is Chris Martin of Coldplay...
If her recent live performance on the CMA awards is any indication, she's going to be a disaster, though they can probably fix her suckass singing in the studio. I've never thought much of her as an actor either. Her Oscar was undeserved imo, way premature, awarded because she's supposedly Hollywood "royalty". :rolleyes:

BTW, "yawl" misspelled "y'all".

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a huge country music fan. Love rock next, then oldies music. I grew up on George Jones, Ronnie Milsap, Conway Twitty & The Eagles I owe my Dad for introducing me to it as a little girl :) I like some new stuff to like Sugarland and Eli Young Band, Randy Rogers Band. I have to say someone I found when I was in my early teens that I sure miss is Wade Hayes. If I could put his voice in a box I'd carry it with me everywhere. (edit I just realize I can, thank you IPOD durrrr)

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I'm a huge country music fan. Love rock next, then oldies music. I grew up on George Jones, Ronnie Milsap, Conway Twitty & The Eagles I owe my Dad for introducing me to it as a little girl :) I like some new stuff to like Sugarland and Eli Young Band, Randy Rogers Band. I have to say someone I found when I was in my early teens that I sure miss is Wade Hayes. If I could put his voice in a box I'd carry it with me everywhere. (edit I just realize I can, thank you IPOD durrrr)

Conway Twitty deffo Sub, love that song " Its my Job" good choice Babe